LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

BCS National Championship

wow what a game!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Oregon would of smashed on both these teams.

Oregon got smashed week one.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

What game did you watch? It was close, and that was without Oregon at full strength.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

What game did you watch? It was close, and that was without Oregon at full strength.

lost
Originally posted by AC49er:
wow what a game!!!

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i just can't name a team that should have gotten a chance.

Without a playoff system, these are all just exhibition games. Very little meaning.

This X infinity
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Kicker scores all meaningful points, gets no award. Dubious.

Alabama had their chance against LSU and lost. Now they won. What does it prove? Nothing.

LSU blowing out OK State, or whomever, would have at least resulted in a clear cut champ. Now, there is no way anyone in good conscious could say there was a champion in college football this year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Alabama had their chance against LSU and lost. Now they won. What does it prove? Nothing.

LSU blowing out OK State, or whomever, would have at least resulted in a clear cut champ. Now, there is no way anyone in good conscious could say there was a champion in college football this year.

Alabama is clearly the most dominant team in college football and deserves the championship. They dominanted an undefeated team today and only lost once in OT by 3 pts. Oklahoma St would have been crushed by this team just like LSU was.
Split championship

Yup.

I would say the winner in EVERY BCS title game has been a paper championship, except where #1 and #2 were both undefeated and were the only undefeated teams in NCAA FBS.

ok state didn't win the game. stanford's kicker won it for them so what does that say.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Alabama is clearly the most dominant team in college football and deserves the championship. They dominanted an undefeated team today and only lost once in OT by 3 pts. Oklahoma St would have been crushed by this team just like LSU was.

and they lost to that undefeated team earlier in the season.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

That claim is 100% subjective. Without a playoff system, we'll never know. We have to settle for "would have beens". I'd rather have a "they were".

ok state didn't win the game. stanford's kicker won it for them so what does that say.

it says as little as this game did. nothing in the BCS is meaningful.
Share 49ersWebzone