There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Oregon Ducks Football Thread

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
bad showing by Oregon.

Too bad Cliff Harris wasn't in the game

still a lot of game left,

but yea, Cliff's absence has been missed in the return game as well.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Touchdown

I saw. Pretty good drive. Defense needs to step it up to come back.
Lol
lezzgo ducks
What's going on in this game?

Break it down for me please.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
What's going on in this game?

Break it down for me please.

game over.

That's all the breakdown I have for you now...

f**k
No bueno...
Touchdown.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Touchdown.

oh well. Losing to the 4th best team in the country the first game of the year isn't that bad.
Proof that Chip Kelly is not a great coach: how good of a coach you are is shown most in the first game of the year, and a bowl game when there is tons upon tons of time to prepare for an opponent. Chip Kelly is 1-4 in those games with the 1 win being against New Mexico. When both coaches have a ton of time, Chip is always outcoached.
DeAnthony Thomas is going to be a beast.
f**k every team in the f**king SEC

Don't worry. We took care of one of them for you.
Originally posted by andes14:
Proof that Chip Kelly is not a great coach: how good of a coach you are is shown most in the first game of the year, and a bowl game when there is tons upon tons of time to prepare for an opponent. Chip Kelly is 1-4 in those games with the 1 win being against New Mexico. When both coaches have a ton of time, Chip is always outcoached.

I see what your trying to say, and It's hard to disagree with you.

However, I still do think Chip is a great coach because of what he did his first 2 years with the team.

How he lost and had to manage with losing players like Blount, Massoli and like 50 other dumb f**ks who got arrested or kicked off the team was very impressive.

Plus, if you take your team to 12-0 in the regular season and win like Oregon did last year, I'd say Kelly is a pretty damn good coach.

But I do agree with you in that he hasn't won that big game at the beginning or end of the season. I just don't know if that's what consititutes a "great coach"
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
f**k every team in the f**king SEC

Don't worry. We took care of one of them for you.

Georgia schmoriga...

But thanks I guess lol
I see what your trying to say, and It's hard to disagree with you.

However, I still do think Chip is a great coach because of what he did his first 2 years with the team.

How he lost and had to manage with losing players like Blount, Massoli and like 50 other dumb f**ks who got arrested or kicked off the team was very impressive.

Plus, if you take your team to 12-0 in the regular season and win like Oregon did last year, I'd say Kelly is a pretty damn good coach.

But I do agree with you in that he hasn't won that big game at the beginning or end of the season. I just don't know if that's what consititutes a "great coach"

I'm just saying, obviously you win games based on a combination of talent and coaching. In a typical game, let's just say for the sake of argument that the ratio is 50/50. In the first game and a bowl game however, coaching constitutes perhaps 75% and talent 25%. Those are very arbitrary numbers, but obviously in games where you have a TON of time to prepare in, coaching is magnified, and he is consistently outcoached in those scenarios. Also, because of the tendency of scheduling patsy non-conference games, they have only played 6 games in his tenure vs. really good teams and they're 1-5 in those games.

Also, just a random observation, that fumble in the first quarter that LSU had when Lee went to change the protection and the center snapped it, it never should have been Oregon's ball. Ware fell on top of it and secured it, was touched (even though that doesn't matter in college), and THEN the ball came out at which point Oregon got it. But the play should have been blown dead after Ware fell on it.
[ Edited by andes14 on Sep 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM ]