LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

2011 Oregon Ducks Football Thread

Originally posted by 49erha:
I don't know a whole lot bout the ducks roster but they have a wr rashaun vaughn is gonna be a great one. I played highschool with him in Fremont we went to Washington. I blocked for him lol he was qb at the time then eventually wr... Even took a history test for him onetime anyways this guy has got it all Hight 6'2 jumping ability and 4.4 speed

Vaughn is our starting WR next to Lavasier Tuinei right now.

Besides the LSU game, we haven't really had a game where we needed to pass the ball the majority of the time. However, from what I have seen from Vaughn, he looks legit.

He's big, strong and fast. A skill set of all those combined makes for a VERY dangerous WR in Oregon's offense.

He went to San Mateo City College as well, I was about to go there to play baseball instead of go to Oregon lol.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:

Get this out of here!

LEZZZZZZZZGO DUCKS

Just bought tix
Gameday in Eugene tomorrow night.

Sssco Ducks
Gameday in Eugene tomorrow night.

Sssco Ducks

You got no chance
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
You got no chance

• bors
  • Veteran
ducks on a roll
Originally posted by bors:
ducks on a roll

Thanks to the refs terrible call.
Will you shut up? lol!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Will you shut up? lol!

That was pretty funny!

good game ducks, I still feel like the game was decided by the BS non-fumble call. At least it wasn't as bad as the Oklahoma call.

But then our coaching in the 4th was awful. The punt on 4th and 3? Are you kidding me Erickson? He basically gave the game away (in order to score 2 TDs in the time left, we would have to get a 3 and out right away). Then ofcourse the deflect on the TD was a killer....

Oh well, win the PAC-12 south and we get a shot at you again maybe.

Game was decided by 1 call?

It was a great game by both sides, but I still don't think there's any way the Sun Devils pull that one out even if you guys got the ball and scored off of that fumble.

The offense could not move the ball on Oregon in the 2nd half, and Thomas wanted to come back in, but the coaches didn't let him b/c the Ducks had control of the game.

It was a BS call and who knows what would've happened. I just don't think you can blame the loss on a blown call by the refs. That takes everything away from what the Ducks did without their two best players in the game...

Also, where was Burfict? Is he really all that in a bag of chips, or has the media hyped him up? I tried looking for his number all game from the stands and I didn't really see him make a call?

BTW, hope to see you guys in the Pac-12 Championship!!!!

It was a great game by both sides, but I still don't think there's any way the Sun Devils pull that one out even if you guys got the ball and scored off of that fumble.

The offense could not move the ball on Oregon in the 2nd half, and Thomas wanted to come back in, but the coaches didn't let him b/c the Ducks had control of the game.

It was a BS call and who knows what would've happened. I just don't think you can blame the loss on a blown call by the refs. That takes everything away from what the Ducks did without their two best players in the game...

Also, where was Burfict? Is he really all that in a bag of chips, or has the media hyped him up? I tried looking for his number all game from the stands and I didn't really see him make a call?

I never said Burfict was as good as the media hypes him up, in the draft forum I even said he isn't a top 15 pick. Where was he during the game? Getting handled by offensive lineman. Our DT's were going for penetraton and weren't doing a good job of freeing up our LBs. Burfict just isn't proffesional enough to really became the game breaker he is hyped up to be. I mean last off season was the first time he worked out during the summer...

Our best defenders this year are OLB Colin Parker (He forced the fumble we recovered in the 1st) and DE Jarret who played pretty good. Although the guy we really miss against you guys is OLB Magee who is out for the year, he is critical for us to matchup against you. Our D had MAJOR problems deciding on who to put in at the other OLB spot, #18 Oliver Aaron was freaking horrible, and Chip Kelly did a great job of going at him.

The reason why the fumble was huge was because it was a 4 pt game at that point. Off of it Ducks made it an 11 point game. If you don't think thats critical in a game, you don't know football.

And as you admit, it was a blown call.

And go ahead and put Thomas in, our D looked a lot better playing him than your back up who is more athletic then Thomas and gave us problems. A lot of plays, our defender was a foot behind your back up on his scramble and we couldn't get to him, if that was Thomas we get him.

I never said Burfict was as good as the media hypes him up, in the draft forum I even said he isn't a top 15 pick. Where was he during the game? Getting handled by offensive lineman. Our DT's were going for penetraton and weren't doing a good job of freeing up our LBs. Burfict just isn't proffesional enough to really became the game breaker he is hyped up to be. I mean last off season was the first time he worked out during the summer...

Our best defenders this year are OLB Colin Parker (He forced the fumble we recovered in the 1st) and DE Jarret who played pretty good. Although the guy we really miss against you guys is OLB Magee who is out for the year, he is critical for us to matchup against you. Our D had MAJOR problems deciding on who to put in at the other OLB spot, #18 Oliver Aaron was freaking horrible, and Chip Kelly did a great job of going at him.

The reason why the fumble was huge was because it was a 4 pt game at that point. Off of it Ducks made it an 11 point game. If you don't think thats critical in a game, you don't know football.

And as you admit, it was a blown call.

And go ahead and put Thomas in, our D looked a lot better playing him than your back up who is more athletic then Thomas and gave us problems. A lot of plays, our defender was a foot behind your back up on his scramble and we couldn't get to him, if that was Thomas we get him.

Any other day, I would try to b***h you out for saying I know nothing about football, but not today.

Go Niners, I'm so f**king stoked right now!!

Any other day, I would try to b***h you out for saying I know nothing about football, but not today.

I didn't say that...

I said if you don't think ASU recovering that fumble would change the game, you don't know football. As a knowledgable football fan, I'd assume you know the importance of turnovers, espicially when the other team is on a scoring drive.

I never said ASU would win because of that, but that fumble was HUGE in influencing the outcome. By not getting the fumble, the score went from a 1 possession game to a two possession game.

I didn't say that...

I said if you don't think ASU recovering that fumble would change the game, you don't know football. As a knowledgable football fan, I'd assume you know the importance of turnovers, espicially when the other team is on a scoring drive.

I never said ASU would win because of that, but that fumble was HUGE in influencing the outcome. By not getting the fumble, the score went from a 1 possession game to a two possession game.

But you guys could not move the ball AT ALL in the 2nd half. Even if you put together any sort of drive, our defense stepped up. That's why you guys only scored 1 touchdown in the 2nd half.

We learned that all the Arizona St. offense was was that stupid little RB in the flat route and we eventually stopped it every time later in the game. You guys had NO running game, that was shut down the entire game.

The game was not decided by that call.
Share 49ersWebzone