There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Oregon Ducks Football Thread

Oregon FG kicker suicide watch.. well USC played better and deserved this win.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
wtf Ducks

LOL at the Ducks in the first half. Talk about a pathetic performance I do think this game comes down to the end though.

ya the Ducks are never out of it.

Ever.

if they lose stanford wins the pac 12 north right?

No. They would each have 1 loss and Oregon still has the advantage since they beat Stanford.

that's stupid it should be what your overall record is IMO.

I disagree if you mean that you are counting non-conference games. You cant screw over Oregon because they went on the road to play LSU and lost. If both teams finish the Pac12 with 1 loss then Oregon deserves to go to the Rose Bowl since they beat Stanford.

meh, 9-2 vs 10-1. You could say what you said about Oregon/LSU about any team IMO. But it is what it is so they agree with you so whatever, but IMO the inferior team would be going to the Rose Bowl. I wonder who is going to play for the national championship game now though. Probably Alabama unfortunately.
Autzen is stunned........bet they thought the Ducks were going to pull it off.......if it would have went to OT they would have no doubt.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
wtf Ducks

LOL at the Ducks in the first half. Talk about a pathetic performance I do think this game comes down to the end though.

ya the Ducks are never out of it.

Ever.

if they lose stanford wins the pac 12 north right?

No. They would each have 1 loss and Oregon still has the advantage since they beat Stanford.

that's stupid it should be what your overall record is IMO.

I disagree if you mean that you are counting non-conference games. You cant screw over Oregon because they went on the road to play LSU and lost. If both teams finish the Pac12 with 1 loss then Oregon deserves to go to the Rose Bowl since they beat Stanford.

meh, 9-2 vs 10-1. You could say what you said about Oregon/LSU about any team IMO. But it is what it is so they agree with you so whatever, but IMO the inferior team would be going to the Rose Bowl. I wonder who is going to play for the national championship game now though. Probably Alabama unfortunately.

LSU and Alabama rematch. At this point I dont see any other possibility. As for Oregon being inferior.. well to me its hard to say that when they spanked Stanford at Stanford.
why cant college kickers kick
They going to punish that kicker by making him wear Reeboks.
Should have used timeouts. That was a mistake.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
wtf Ducks

LOL at the Ducks in the first half. Talk about a pathetic performance I do think this game comes down to the end though.

ya the Ducks are never out of it.

Ever.

if they lose stanford wins the pac 12 north right?

No. They would each have 1 loss and Oregon still has the advantage since they beat Stanford.

that's stupid it should be what your overall record is IMO.

I disagree if you mean that you are counting non-conference games. You cant screw over Oregon because they went on the road to play LSU and lost. If both teams finish the Pac12 with 1 loss then Oregon deserves to go to the Rose Bowl since they beat Stanford.

meh, 9-2 vs 10-1. You could say what you said about Oregon/LSU about any team IMO. But it is what it is so they agree with you so whatever, but IMO the inferior team would be going to the Rose Bowl. I wonder who is going to play for the national championship game now though. Probably Alabama unfortunately.

LSU and Alabama rematch. At this point I dont see any other possibility. As for Oregon being inferior.. well to me its hard to say that when they spanked Stanford at Stanford.

Eh but I can say Stanford has the better record and beat USC at USC while Oregon lost to them at home. I really dont want to see LSU and Alabama play again. Its the tale of the two crappy offenses. That game is going to be like the cripple fight episode of South Park. Another 9-6 game with like 4 missed FGs and INTs all over the place and it just becomes a showcase for each team's punter. Pass
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Should have used timeouts. That was a mistake.

I thought so as well. Use the timeouts, get much closer for FG or score a TD. Bad decision by Kelly I thought.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Should have used timeouts. That was a mistake.

I'd say it came down to hubris on the part of Chip Kelly. Much like his comical decision to go for it on fourth down in the first quarter. The lack of respect from this tool was hilarious though. All the whining and crying wasn't unlike the theatrics we saw from Coughlin last Sunday. Later in the game, getting blown the eff out by 18 he's working the refs for illegal shift calls.
BYE BYE!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Eh but I can say Stanford has the better record and beat USC at USC while Oregon lost to them at home. I really dont want to see LSU and Alabama play again. Its the tale of the two crappy offenses. That game is going to be like the cripple fight episode of South Park. Another 9-6 game with like 4 missed FGs and INTs all over the place and it just becomes a showcase for each team's punter. Pass
I could not disagree more with your "two crappy offenses" statement. Both LSU & Bama are top 25 in the nation in scoring per game at 36.5 & 34.5 ppg. What you saw when they played each other was two VERY dominant defenses. Actually the 1st & 2nd ranked scoring defenses in the nation only giving up 7.1 & 10.7 ppg, that is insane. They are not explosive like Oregon or Houston or Ok St. but they would still be a favorite against any of those teams because they play both sides of the ball very well.
I am not saying that I necessarily want to see a LSU & Bama rematch, it was a hard game to watch. However if it came to that I don't think it would be another FG fest after each team has seen what the other can do. I think we'd get a score of something like 21-24 this time.
Originally posted by epdavis:
I am not saying that I necessarily want to see a LSU & Bama rematch, it was a hard game to watch. However if it came to that I don't think it would be another FG fest after each team has seen what the other can do. I think we'd get a score of something like 21-24 this time.

It would be ridiculous to see a LSU/Bama BCS Title Game. THEY ALREADY PLAYED EACH OTHER.

It would just confirm how utterly stupid the BCS system is. I wouldn't watch that crap game. Probably SEC fans would be the only ones who would.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by epdavis:
I am not saying that I necessarily want to see a LSU & Bama rematch, it was a hard game to watch. However if it came to that I don't think it would be another FG fest after each team has seen what the other can do. I think we'd get a score of something like 21-24 this time.

It would be ridiculous to see a LSU/Bama BCS Title Game. THEY ALREADY PLAYED EACH OTHER.

It would just confirm how utterly stupid the BCS system is. I wouldn't watch that crap game. Probably SEC fans would be the only ones who would.

I do think they clearly are the top 2 teams though.