LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

2011 Oregon Ducks Football Thread

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
god, the worst part of this game is that we have to watch a f**king LSU Bama rematch

man, f**k that.

Better than an Oregon-LSU rematch. That would have been too easy for LSU.

maybe you didn't watch that first game then...

2 fumbles from a true freshman playing for our best player who was hurt, and a muffed punt at the goal line by our 3rd string punt returner.

I hate it when people give us no credit for that LSU game, just looking at the stats doesn't tell you the whole story.

Before tonight, I thought we had a legit shot at taking down LSU.

But hey, no point at having this convo anymore

Didnt LSU have their back up QB in the game as well as their best WR out? And werent they up 20 the whole game ?

they got crushed by LSU bro

Lol Jefferson sucks, I wanted him to play against us. And even if their top WR was out (I'm not sure he was) but our best defensive player, Cliff Harris, was also suspended.

And I don't know if they were up 20 for the most of the game, it was a 3 point game at half time and we were about to actually go up at half time if it wasn't for a timely turn over.

So no, we didn't get crushed by LSU, we scored the most points off of their D and gained the most yards.

AND it was practically an away game, the crowd was 3/4 LSU fans since the game was played in Texas.
I can't imagine how much Oregon would have lost had it actully been in Baton Rouge.

Oregon scored at the end on a meaningless TD against a soft prevent D to make the final point differential to 13. A 20 point differential that late in the game means you got crushed.
I can't imagine how much Oregon would have lost had it actully been in Baton Rouge.

Oregon scored at the end on a meaningless TD against a soft prevent D to make the final point differential to 13. A 20 point differential that late in the game means you got crushed.

LOL what kind of logic is that?

So I guarantee Oregon would have won if it was played at Autzen, We had a 21 game home win streak at home before the USC loss. Our last home loss was in 2007 against Boise when a cheap shot took out Masoli in the 1st half.

And ya, we scored at the end, so what?

If it wasn't for Cliff being out, LaMichael getting hurt and having a true freshman take over for him and fumble twice, and another fluke fumble on a punt return that was WALKED in for a TD, this game could've gone our way very easily.

If LaMichael or Cliff field that punt like it was supposed to be, Barner would've never been in the position to fumble that punt and it would've been a 6 point game.

I mean, f**k, it was a 3 point game at halftime. You are making yourself look like a fool by saying LSU killed Oregon b/c they didn't.

You're not making any good points except saying that LSU KILLED OREGON. THEY WOULD'VE KILLED THEM IF IT WAS PLAYED AT HOME

Fool, it practically was a home game, the game was played in Texas and it would've been practically a similar atmosphere if it was actually played in LSU. I talked to people there and they said that LSU outnumbered Oregon at least 4/1.

I'm beginning to think that you didn't even watch the game
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Nov 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM ]

So I guarantee Oregon would have won if it was played at Autzen, We had a 21 game home win streak at home before the USC loss. Our last home loss was in 2007 against Boise when a cheap shot took out Masoli in the 1st half.

If it wasn't for Cliff being out, LaMichael getting hurt and having a true freshman take over for him and fumble twice, and another fluke fumble on a punt return that was WALKED in for a TD, this game could've gone our way very easily.

If LaMichael or Cliff field that punt like it was supposed to be, Barner would've never been in the position to fumble that punt and it would've been a 6 point game.

I mean, f**k, it was a 3 point game at halftime. You are making yourself look like a fool by saying LSU killed Oregon b/c they didn't.

You're not making any good points except saying that LSU KILLED OREGON. THEY WOULD'VE KILLED THEM IF IT WAS PLAYED AT HOME

Fool, it practically was a home game, the game was played in Texas and it would've been practically a similar atmosphere if it was actually played in LSU. I talked to people there and they said that LSU outnumbered Oregon at least 4/1.

Oregon is soft like tissue and I think you are pretty butthurt about it. You are especially butthurt bc Oregon has been given their departing papers from the National Championship talks. Thank god bc Oregon started to look like they were going to be the Buffalo Bills of the 90's

Oregon doesnt have it, they had an LSU team in turmoil bc of the suspensions and still got thrown around like rag dolls. Do you guys lift weights? the linemen look like HS linemen. The strength and conditioning coach needs to get fired ASAP. Boise State players are bigger than Oregon players. I dont know what you saw, but LSU ground it out against Oregon and ran the ball at will.

Oregon got owned twice in a row by an SEC team (Auburn and LSU). Go back to the Pac and score your 50 points in the soft Pac conference. But no one, especially the SEC is going to take Oregon serious anymore.

Id throw some bread at you right now to console you

Oregon is soft like tissue and I think you are pretty butthurt about it. You are especially butthurt bc Oregon has been given their departing papers from the National Championship talks. Thank god bc Oregon started to look like they were going to be the Buffalo Bills of the 90's

Oregon doesnt have it, they had an LSU team in turmoil bc of the suspensions and still got thrown around like rag dolls. Do you guys lift weights? the linemen look like HS linemen. The strength and conditioning coach needs to get fired ASAP. Boise State players are bigger than Oregon players. I dont know what you saw, but LSU ground it out against Oregon and ran the ball at will.

Oregon got owned twice in a row by an SEC team (Auburn and LSU). Go back to the Pac and score your 50 points in the soft Pac conference. But no one, especially the SEC is going to take Oregon serious anymore.

LOL you just lost all credibility right there

With that comment alone, I know you have any idea what you're talking about. Go re-watch that game and see how we shut down Cam Newton better than any team last year, INCLUDING Alabama.

And that game was supposed to go to OT until that little fluke BS call when Dyer's knee wasn't ruled down, but his wrist was and the ref's didn't call it, so he got up and ran for another 40 yards and put them in FG range.

We had ALL the momentum in that game and had Auburn on their heels, but that call bailed f**king Scam Newton and the rest of that overrated Auburn team.

Nick Fairly ate us apart, but without him, we win that game by at least 20.

And ya, our strength and conditioning coach needs to be fired for making us the fastest team in the Nation...

Bro, come up with something legitimate to argue or stop posting this crap in this thread, cause it honestly sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh and yeah, make sure you root for the Ducks in the Rose Bowl b/c there is no team that will be able to keep up with us from the Big 10.
Fairly Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

With that comment alone, I know you have any idea what you're talking about. Go re-watch that game and see how we shut down Cam Newton better than any team last year, INCLUDING Alabama.

And that game was supposed to go to OT until that little fluke BS call when Dyer's knee wasn't ruled down, but his wrist was and the ref's didn't call it, so he got up and ran for another 40 yards and put them in FG range.

We had ALL the momentum in that game and had Auburn on their heels, but that call bailed f**king Scam Newton and the rest of that overrated Auburn team.

And ya, our strength and conditioning coach needs to be fired for making us the fastest team in the Nation...

Bro, come up with something legitimate to argue or stop posting this crap in this thread, cause it honestly sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh and yeah, make sure you root for the Ducks in the Rose Bowl b/c there is no team that will be able to keep up with us from the Big 10.

Fairly owned your offensive line and LSU run game owned your defensive line. Oregon speed isnt the problem, its their size up front against SEC teams.

The only important credibility anyone lost this weekend is the Ducks at the BCS polls.

Big 10 is a much better match up for the Ducks

quack
Fairly Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Fairly owned your offensive line and LSU run game owned your defensive line. Oregon speed isnt the problem, its their size up front against SEC teams.

The only important credibility anyone lost this weekend is the Ducks at the BCS polls.

Big 10 is a much better match up for the Ducks

quack

eh polls don't matter anymore, we could be unranked right now and it wouldn't matter.

All we need to do is beat OSU and UCLA and we're in the Rose Bowl where we can beat any of those teams.

Wisconsin will be tough, I'm not so confident against them. But Give me Michigan State, Penn State, Michigan, and I guarantee we would wreck any of them.

It's just s shame b/c I wanted a rematch against LSU so badly, we are a completely different team than we were in the beginning of the year and it's a shame that we decided to look past USC
Go Ducks

I'm really worried about this game...
gayest championship game in the history of championship games.

30 point spread. I'm sorry, but what a f**king joke.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

GO UCLA. You can cover this spread.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

GO UCLA. You can cover this spread.

And they did.

A lot of people lost money.
I smell roses!

So hey, let's win a bowl game please...
I smell roses!

Chip Kelly can't win bowl games vs. good teams. Shoulda lost to play in a worse bowl game=better chance of winning. Also, except for Stanford, when was the last time they beat a real good team period? Been at least a few years...
[ Edited by andes14 on Dec 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by andes14:
I smell roses!

Chip Kelly can't win bowl games vs. good teams. Shoulda lost to play in a worse bowl game=better chance of winning. Also, except for Stanford, when was the last time they beat a real good team period? Been at least a few years...

OH yeah.. that makes a lot of sense. Let's lose on purpose so we can't play in the Rose Bowl...

OH yeah.. that makes a lot of sense. Let's lose on purpose so we can't play in the Rose Bowl...

Hah just sayin, except for Stanford, Oregon does not beat good teams. Boise St. (twice), Ohio St., Auburn, LSU, USC etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they lose to Wisconsin. Could be a while before Chip Kelly ever wins a bowl game.
Share 49ersWebzone