There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

College Football 2011 Thread

since when is Cotton Bowl later than all the other BCS games? makes it seem as though this Bowl game has more weight than BCS Bowl games
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
since when is Cotton Bowl later than all the other BCS games? makes it seem as though this Bowl game has more weight than BCS Bowl games

Based on the rankings of the teams it has more weight than most of them.
Originally posted by aman49:

Exhibit A: The Sugar Bowl
Exhibit B: The Orange Bowl

At least the Orange Bowl pitted two conference winners against each other. The Sugar Bowl selections were disgusting and a reflection of everything wrong with the BCS. Neither of those teams should have been in the game. It should have been Boise St/Kansas St.

Exhibit A: The Sugar Bowl
Exhibit B: The Orange Bowl

At least the Orange Bowl pitted two conference winners against each other. The Sugar Bowl selections were disgusting and a reflection of everything wrong with the BCS. Neither of those teams should have been in the game. It should have been Boise St/Kansas St.
You mean Arkansas and Boise St.
BCS commissioners open to big changes: including a 4 team playoff

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/conference-commissioners-open-to-big-bcs-changes-including-4-team-playoff/2012/01/10/gIQAE2ntoP_story.html

Once they realize how much money is in a playoff, they will expand to 8 teams...maybe more. A college playoff system is just a matter of time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Wetzel @DanWetzel

This Gunner Kiel to Note Dame news is, indeed, stunning. Reports say a top player is actually attending class
Top RB in Arizona, DJ Foster, commits to ASU.
Ohio State's recruiting class looks GREAT. The one year bowl ban will not affect them long term. This whole class will prob just redshirt anyway.

Also very impressed with Stanford's class. Barry Sanders Jr was a very good big name pickup.
[ Edited by aman49 on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM ]
Ohio State's recruiting class looks GREAT. The one year bowl ban will not affect them long term. This whole class will prob just redshirt anyway.

Also very impressed with Stanford's class. Barry Sanders Jr was a very good big name pickup.

who else Stanford get? I thought Cal's class was supposed to be hella good?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Stanford is closing out strong, they may get as many as 10 four star commits, their latest big get being OL Joshua Garnett
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Stanford is closing out strong, they may get as many as 10 four star commits, their latest big get being OL Joshua Garnett
Right now their recruiting class is ranked #12. For an academic school that's HUGE. Their QB next year (Brett Nottingham, who played for the same high school I did, albeit 6 years later) was also a 4-star recruit. I could see Barry Sanders getting on the field as a true freshman (they don't expect to have him more than 3 years) and adding a new dimension to the Cardinal offense.

Totally off topic, but you make me miss living in northern california with the "hella" comment.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Totally off topic, but you make me miss living in northern california with the "hella" comment.

lol just say it out of habit I guess, been talking that way since I was like 10 I think. Maybe earlier.
Cal got a monster d lineman but I forgot his name. dude is like 6'5 313 and doens't have much fat on his frame. And Shaq Thompson is a beast as well. I think Cal got a strong class coming in. Ohio state has done well by getting all these Penn State recruits, and they just beat otu Michigan on a top CB prospect. .