College Football 2011 Thread

Bacardi Rambo and Brandon Boykins are raising their stock
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Bacardi Rambo and Brandon Boykins are raising their stock

Gruden was all over Boykins' jock
Good game! Stupid scoring
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Big12 proving it was the best conference this year overall, not that they needed to but 6-1 is pretty good. And it will be even better next year by ditching a couple of chumps and adding WVU and TCU.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Big12 proving it was the best conference this year overall, not that they needed to but 6-1 is pretty good. And it will be even better next year by ditching a couple of chumps and adding WVU and TCU.

lol, isn't this the guy who b***hes about PAC-12 fans rooting for their teams to win to represent the conference well? Isn't this the guy who posted about how he doesn't care how other teams in his conference do?

And rather then look at overall bowl records, I think its important to look at matchups. Like UT and CAL is a mismatch, if USC was elgible they would have gone to the Holiday Bowl and taken UT down. Stanford - Ok St was as close as a game could get, and it was the Big12's #1 team vs. the PAC-12s #2 team. So how does that prove the Big 12 is better? Then Oklahoma beat down a bad Iowa team in one of the worst matchups of the bowl season.....whereas the PAC-12 sends a 6-6 team to play one of the top teams in the nation in the worst matchup.

Edit: And if the SEC didn't send two teams to the NC, slide all their matchups down one notch and they go undefeated...

2nd Edit: And those same "chumps" went 2-0 in their bowls....
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM ]
I'm shocked they called that back... it looked 50/50 and they gave catches to ones that looked like less of a catch than Coales
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

lol, isn't this the guy who b***hes about PAC-12 fans rooting for their teams to win to represent the conference well? Isn't this the guy who posted about how he doesn't care how other teams in his conference do?

And rather then look at overall bowl records, I think its important to look at matchups. Like UT and CAL is a mismatch, if USC was elgible they would have gone to the Holiday Bowl and taken UT down. Stanford - Ok St was as close as a game could get, and it was the Big12's #1 team vs. the PAC-12s #2 team. So how does that prove the Big 12 is better? Then Oklahoma beat down a bad Iowa team in one of the worst matchups of the bowl season.....whereas the PAC-12 sends a 6-6 team to play one of the top teams in the nation in the worst matchup.

Edit: And if the SEC didn't send two teams to the NC, slide all their matchups down one notch and they go undefeated...

I did root against those teams in their bowls. Has nothing to do with the conference being good.

I did root against those teams in their bowls. Has nothing to do with the conference being good.

So you root against them, and then boast about their wins. Makes sense.

Oh yeah, I was boasting all about the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks when they made it to the Superbowl. Oh wait I didn't.

Oh yeah, I was boasting all about the Arizona Cardinals and Seattle Seahawks when they made it to the Superbowl. Oh wait I didn't.

• TX9R
  • Veteran

I wasn't boasting, I said it was the best top to bottom conference all season and it is, but nice attempt at twisting my words. That's not the same thing as openly cheering for a team because of the conference it's in, which is stupid.

Sammy Watkins for Clemson

I wasn't boasting, I said it was the best top to bottom conference all season and it is, but nice attempt at twisting my words. That's not the same thing as openly cheering for a team because of the conference it's in, which is stupid.

Funny stat came across ESPN this morning and I thought of you tex.

All time wins in BCS Bowl Games by Automatic Qualifying Conferences.

SEC 15-6
PAC 12 11-6
Big 10 12-13
Big 12 9-10
Big East 7-7
ACC 2-13

Not quite the best conference.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Funny stat came across ESPN this morning and I thought of you tex.

All time wins in BCS Bowl Games by Automatic Qualifying Conferences.

SEC 15-6
PAC 12 11-6
Big 10 12-13
Big 12 9-10
Big East 7-7
ACC 2-13

Not quite the best conference.

I always have to laugh when people bring up all time stats in attempt to prove some lame point. They have zero bearing on this year. The Niners are 11-13 all time against Seattle. Everyone knows the SEC has been the best conference over the last decade. I was referring to this year only. Let's take a look at the final top 25 and see. I do wonder how many stats you cherry picked through before you found one you thought supported your attempt at an argument.
I always have to laugh when people bring up all time stats in attempt to prove some lame point. They have zero bearing on this year. The Niners are 11-13 all time against Seattle. Everyone knows the SEC has been the best conference over the last decade. I was referring to this year only. Let's take a look at the final top 25 and see. I do wonder how many stats you cherry picked through before you found one you thought supported your attempt at an argument.

hahaha, cherry picked. I said it came across ESPN this morning. I wasn't looking, I was watching TV.

And you said the Big 12 is the best conference, I was just telling you its not.

By basing it on the # of teams in the final top 25, you are "cherry picking" as well, lol.

SEC will finish with 4 teams in the top 10 (LSU, 'Bama, South Carolina and Arkansas if they win).

Big 12 has 4 teams in top 25 (Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Baylor).

Georgia and Mizzou will be tough to tell if they end up in top 25, both will be on the bubble.

Big 10 currently has 5 top 25 teams, but Penn State will fall out and Nebraska might fall out.

By your top 25 measure, the PAC-12 is equal with Conference USA.

My guess is the two new teams in the top 25 will be BYU and the winner of Arkansas State and North Illinois. Auburn could bounce into the top 25 as well, only losses were to ranked teams, with a win over South Carolina. Mizzou is the other that has a chance but they have a bad loss (ASU) and not one win against a team that will finish ranked.
Share 49ersWebzone