LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Oh joy, the Las Vegas Bowl against a Pac-12 powerhouse... no offense SunDevilNiner.

I knew the computers would find a way to get Michigan in the top 14 to earn an at-large birth, but Virginia Tech over the Broncos? I could have handled Kansas State over the Broncos, but does the ACC really deserve two BCS teams? Especially after Tech got bent over this weekend.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Oh joy, the Las Vegas Bowl against a Pac-12 powerhouse... no offense SunDevilNiner.

I knew the computers would find a way to get Michigan in the top 14 to earn an at-large birth, but Virginia Tech over the Broncos? I could have handled Kansas State over the Broncos, but does the ACC really deserve two BCS teams? Especially after Tech got bent over this weekend.

I don't understand it either. VA-Tech is very over-rated and Kansas St. should be in there IMO
First season since I graduated from Texas Tech we haven't gone to a bowl.
First season since I enrolled at Texas Tech we haven't gone to a bowl.
First season since I've been a Texas Tech fan we haven't gone to a bowl.
First season since I was eleven years old Texas Tech hasn't gone to a bowl (or at least eligible).
First season since I was negative two years old that we had two conference losing records in a row
Thanks a lot Tommy Tuberville
At least we had back to back best recruiting classes in school history
The bosses shoulda never fired Leach.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
First season since I was eleven years old Texas Tech hasn't gone to a bowl (or at least eligible).
First season since I was negative two years old that we had two conference losing records in a row
Just watch WSU become a powerhouse again.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Just watch WSU become a powerhouse again.

I know ... we could've been a contenda!
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

No offense taken, I actually think that sucks for you guys to end up having to play us. Your team deserved a better reward than to play a .500 pac-12 team.
stanford vs oklahoma state............EPIC.

CAL vs texas.................meh
The Fiesta Bowl will be the most entertaining game for sure. Neither defense will be able to stop the other's offense.

I think the Rose Bowl will be pretty good too.

Sugar Bowl? Horrible. And Orange is a BCS in name only with a Big East representative...
Looks like RG3 leads the Heisman race

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2011/12/05/heisman-projection-first-numbers-34-ballots/
Originally posted by vrabbit:

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2011/12/05/heisman-projection-first-numbers-34-ballots/

I could live with that. Luck, RGIII and Montee Ball are the most deserving IMO.

I'm completely uninformed on this, but when was the last time a player from a 3-loss, non-conference champion, non-bcs bowl team won the Hiesman?

Me prayers have been answered...

Pat Hill is out at Fresno State. May brighter days be ahead for Bulldog faithful.

Noticed you didn't include Trent Richardson, lol.

You hate SEC so much
[r
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Noticed you didn't include Trent Richardson, lol.

You hate SEC so much

WAAAAAAAAT!??!?!?!!!!!!?!? Barkley is not a Heisman Finalist?!?!?!?!?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone