LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Looks like RG3 leads the Heisman race

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2011/12/05/heisman-projection-first-numbers-34-ballots/

I could live with that. Luck, RGIII and Montee Ball are the most deserving IMO.

Noticed you didn't include Trent Richardson, lol.

You hate SEC so much

It is pretty corny how much blind hate he has for the SEC
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by aman49:
Looks like RG3 leads the Heisman race

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2011/12/05/heisman-projection-first-numbers-34-ballots/

I could live with that. Luck, RGIII and Montee Ball are the most deserving IMO.

Noticed you didn't include Trent Richardson, lol.

You hate SEC so much

It is pretty corny how much blind hate he has for the SEC
Trent doesn't deserve it. Montee's numbers sh*t all over his.

I'd be more ok with Mathieu winning than Trent.
[ Edited by aman49 on Dec 5, 2011 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
WAAAAAAAAT!??!?!?!!!!!!?!? Barkley is not a Heisman Finalist?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kellen Moore and his 41 TDs deserved it over that guy. Is USC even eligible for awards with all the **** they pull? C'mon are they really gonna give it to another Trojan just to force him to give it back 5 years later.
I'm completely uninformed on this, but when was the last time a player from a 3-loss, non-conference champion, non-bcs bowl team won the Hiesman?

It has never happened in the BCS era. The last Heisman winner with that many losses was Tim Brown in 1987 who played for a Notre Dame team that went 8-4.
I'm gonna kidnap aman and make him live in the south with me next season. Not to change him, mind you, it's purely for torture.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm completely uninformed on this, but when was the last time a player from a 3-loss, non-conference champion, non-bcs bowl team won the Hiesman?

It has never happened in the BCS era. The last Heisman winner with that many losses was Tim Brown in 1987 who played for a Notre Dame team that went 8-4.

Gators went 9-4 in 2007 when Tebow won the Heisman
^^^ were the Gators SEC Champs that year? And/or were they in a BCS bowl?
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Gators went 9-4 in 2007 when Tebow won the Heisman

Yep. Good catch. Florida won the National Title the year before and the year after Tebow won the Heisman.
^^^ were the Gators SEC Champs that year? And/or were they in a BCS bowl?

LSU was the SEC Champs. As for BCS bowl.. nope. Florida lost to Michigan in the Citrus Bowl.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
When I think of what the "Heisman" means, to me it is the most exciting player in college football. This year it is RGIII

Originally posted by Paul:
When I think of what the "Heisman" means, to me it is the most exciting player in college football. This year it is RGIII

it's all but official that RG3 will win it
Hope...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AiBXGoQL1XZcv7kQzLWdWhUcvrYF?slug=dw-wetzel_football_final_four_gains_steam_120811
Jim Mora Jr took the HC job at UCLA..........good I don't want to hear his weak color commentary or watch his stupid crap on NFLN anymore. Yay.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Jim Mora Jr took the HC job at UCLA..........good I don't want to hear his weak color commentary or watch his stupid crap on NFLN anymore. Yay.

Def This
Go join the college bowl pick em league in other sports!
Share 49ersWebzone