There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

College Football 2011 Thread

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/class26/College%20Fball%20Contest/Arkansas.jpg
[ Edited by ethan05 on Aug 25, 2011 at 5:44 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:




wasn't this the same team that almost signed that #1 T last year?

Yes, Cyrus Kouandijio. The Lobos coach, Mike Loksley, is known as an aggressive and one of the top recruiters in the nation. He recruited Shawne Merriman, Vernon Davis as well as his brother Vontae Davis to name a few. Guys want to play for him. Unfortunately, it does not appear his amazing talent of recruitment has not transitioned nor rubbed off into the skill set of being a head coach. There are some who believe, those that know him personally football wise, that in his third year in situations is when things come into fruition. I sure hope so, since the majority of Lobos fans are shouting for his firing and were appalled he was brought back for this upcoming season. (Sort of like some of the Niner fan utter hatred in bringing back Alex Smith this season). His record is 2-22.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:




wasn't this the same team that almost signed that #1 T last year?

Yes, Cyrus Kouandijio. The Lobos coach, Mike Loksley, is known as an aggressive and one of the top recruiters in the nation. He recruited Shawne Merriman, Vernon Davis as well as his brother Vontae Davis to name a few. Guys want to play for him. Unfortunately, it does not appear his amazing talent of recruitment has not transitioned nor rubbed off into the skill set of being a head coach. There are some who believe, those that know him personally football wise, that in his third year in situations is when things come into fruition. I sure hope so, since the majority of Lobos fans are shouting for his firing and were appalled he was brought back for this upcoming season. (Sort of like some of the Niner fan utter hatred in bringing back Alex Smith this season). His record is 2-22.

Lobos have some ballers, Locksley just can't do anything with them.

I disagree about New Mexico being a tough place to be good though. Sure it's not Austin, but it is close to Texas, and the Lobos had very good teams and attendance under Rocky Long. It can be done. Nebraska isn't a big state from a population standpoint. Idaho certainly isn't.
have to work on Saturdays now
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,428
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!!!

I'm going Oregon over LSU due to LSU's recent legal mishaps.

And going Boise St over Georgia, I think Georgia is over rated.
Cal over fresno
Originally posted by toeknee:
Cal over fresno

you're not talking about fan attendance I hope.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
you're not talking about fan attendance I hope.

Why?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I'm going Oregon over LSU due to LSU's recent legal mishaps.

And going Boise St over Georgia, I think Georgia is over rated.

agreed.
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:




wasn't this the same team that almost signed that #1 T last year?

Yes, Cyrus Kouandijio. The Lobos coach, Mike Loksley, is known as an aggressive and one of the top recruiters in the nation. He recruited Shawne Merriman, Vernon Davis as well as his brother Vontae Davis to name a few. Guys want to play for him. Unfortunately, it does not appear his amazing talent of recruitment has not transitioned nor rubbed off into the skill set of being a head coach. There are some who believe, those that know him personally football wise, that in his third year in situations is when things come into fruition. I sure hope so, since the majority of Lobos fans are shouting for his firing and were appalled he was brought back for this upcoming season. (Sort of like some of the Niner fan utter hatred in bringing back Alex Smith this season). His record is 2-22.
Holy s**t! 2-22? I would not want to play for this s**tty coach/team
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by toeknee:
Cal over fresno

you're not talking about fan attendance I hope.



didn't you hear TO? last I checked Fresno had sold about 5K more tickets than Cal
well they're just going to be disappointed