There are 212 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
1. Griffin. 33 TDs 5 INTs. 191 rating

Completing 73% of his passes, averaging over 10 yards per attempt, 550 yds and 5 TDs rushing.

2. Keenum. 38 TDs 3 INTs, 187 rating

Undefeated team, broke most all career passing marks this year

3. Richardson. 1700+ scrimmage yds, 22 TDs

With Ingram, Greg McElroy and Julio Jones gone Richardson stepped up in a big way.

Montee Ball. 248 carries 1,622 yards 6.5 avg. 29 Tds (34 total, 2nd all-time in FBS)
I was just thinking this yesterday... why doesn't Montee Ball get the love Trent Richardson does? I mean, its a rhetorical question... Trent plays in the overrated SEC so he has more people biased in his favor. But Montee is likely to break the ALL TIME single season TD mark... and he's done it playing in the conference with the best defenses in the nation.

All Pac-12 voters will vote for Luck... all Big 12 voters for RG3... all SEC voters for Richardson. My money is on Luck due to the name recognition.
Originally posted by aman49:

Completing 73% of his passes, averaging over 10 yards per attempt, 550 yds and 5 TDs rushing.

With Ingram, Greg McElroy and Julio Jones gone Richardson stepped up in a big way.

Montee Ball. 248 carries 1,622 yards 6.5 avg. 29 Tds (34 total, 2nd all-time in FBS)
I was just thinking this yesterday... why doesn't Montee Ball get the love Trent Richardson does? I mean, its a rhetorical question... Trent plays in the overrated SEC so he has more people biased in his favor. But Montee is likely to break the ALL TIME single season TD mark... and he's done it playing in the conference with the best defenses in the nation.

All Pac-12 voters will vote for Luck... all Big 12 voters for RG3... all SEC voters for Richardson. My money is on Luck due to the name recognition.

Lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by aman49:

Lol

U think SEC is overrated but think Ball should get love playing in the joke of a conference Big 10?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
U think SEC is overrated but think Ball should get love playing in the joke of a conference Big 10?

yes...

yes...

Lol

yes...

Lol

Do you actually watch college football or are you just going off the Big 10's reputation back in 2007?

The best defenses are in the Big 10. Outside of LSU and Bama, the defenses are average in the SEC
[ Edited by aman49 on Nov 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM ]
Well, reports are that Erickson will be fired at ASU. They will join the list of about 11 open Head Coaching opportunities so far this offseason, with more likely to come. Which brings me to my top 10 potential hires for head coach

1.Urban Meyer, analyst on ESPN, if Urban is ready he will be on top any athletic director's list for potential hires.
2. Gus Malzahn, current OC at Auburn. Considered a top recruiter and one of the most innovative offensive minds in football.
3. Chris Peterson, current head coach at Boise State. One of the most successful mid-major coaches in the history of the game, might go for greener pastures now that his athletic director was fired.
4. Kevin Sumlin, current HC at Houston. Sumlin has quickly moved up the coaching ranks, and with a 12-0 Houston squad breaking NCAA records, the time is ripe for him to get a HC gig in a BCS conference. Unlike the above 3, its certain he will be on the move.
5. Larry Fedora, current HC at Southern Miss. Past OC at Oklahoma State who now has 4 straight winning seasons in Conference USA.
6. Dan Mullen, current HC at Miss St. Urban Meyer's pupil. Not sure if he is ready to leave Miss St, but if a top program comes knocking I think he will jump ship. He has done a great job at one of the toughest HC jobs.
7. Sonny Dykes, current head coach at Louisiana Tech . Pupil of Mike Leach's, he was behind Arizona's success last year and Foles exploding onto the scene. He has now quickly turned around Louisiana Tech.
8. Mike Leach, currently pouting in a shed. Any mid-level team in a major conference should have him on their short list.
9. Kirby Smart, currently DC of Alabama. Saban's pupil might be ready for his first HC gig.
10. Willie Taggart, current HC of Western Kentucky, a pupil of Jack Harbaugh who then worked with Jim Harbaugh in the college ranks before becoming one of the youngest HC's in the NCAA. Still needs more experience, but a name to remember.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 28, 2011 at 2:58 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Rick Neuheisel has been fired.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
AndreaNakano5 Andrea Nakano

Just talked to Mike Leach's agent. Says keeping an eye on all the job openings, Leach at this point is looking at every possible opportunity
so if okie st. beats ou, do they jump bama?

Originally posted by schmons:

ask yourself this: would their resume be more impressive than 'bama's?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
ASU fires Erickson, as expected. He has ruined two of my favorite teams.

Lisa Love needs to make a MAJOR splash with her next hire. Her job depends on it.

Of course there is the usual list of college HC's and coordinators circulating for a replacement. But, if I was her, I'd make an effort to make it known I'm trying to make a big splash... regardless of it being a possiblity.

For that reason, I'd go after:

1) Jon Gruden
2) Mike Singletary (I think he'd be an amazing college coach if he had talented coordinators. Few will out-recruit him. And his schtick would do very well in the college game.)

Even if she can't land these guys...at least the PR will be good. And she needs it.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:

btw this is a GREAT READ ON THE SUBJECT: http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/33566427

doesn't get much better than that IMO
Originally posted by vrabbit:

well i would think so but others would disagree so I was trying to hear other opinions
Former 49ers QB Coach Mike Johnson will be the interim coach at UCLA if they qualify for a bowl game!
Share 49ersWebzone