There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tour de France 2011

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Really? Is he a nice guy in person? I didn't know he talks to the crowd.

Took a school party from the Isle of Man to watch 2 stage finishes, decided to take in the start of stage 11, walked along all the team buses to the HTC, Goss and Eisel were outside then Cav did an interview on the step. Waved a few flags and he came over, signed a few caps and shirts, exhanged a few words then set off for the start. Posted a really nice message on his Twitter, thanks for the support etc, check it out.
Did we underestimate Voeckler? He continues to hold onto the lead. We are a long way into this now and he's still the leader. Frank Schleck is hanging tough. Andy Schleck surprisingly fell back a bit. Contador is coming back. He keeps picking up time. Contador is sitting at 6th overall. It wouldn't surprise me to see him on the podium at the end. I think 1, 2 or 3 is still possible for Contador. Although I'd rather not see it.

It's time for Andy and Frank Schleck to make a move. It's go time now. We are through 16 stages. They can't wait too much longer to pick up time.
I don't know what's wrong with Andy Schleck, he is suppose to be the best pure climber and he is struggling in the mountains. I wouldn't count A. Contador out, if he could attack tomorrow and gain a minute or two, then he has a real chance on Alp de huez. He is defiantly the best of the bunch, when it comes to the time trials.
Originally posted by 190836:
I don't know what's wrong with Andy Schleck, he is suppose to be the best pure climber and he is struggling in the mountains. I wouldn't count A. Contador out, if he could attack tomorrow and gain a minute or two, then he has a real chance on Alp de huez. He is defiantly the best of the bunch, when it comes to the time trials.

Contador is still in this thing big time. He can be 1, 2 or 3. He can finish on the podium. Andy Schleck needs to make a move NOW! We are running out of stages. Contador is closing on him and he needs to make up the gap from those in front of him also.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 190836:
I don't know what's wrong with Andy Schleck, he is suppose to be the best pure climber and he is struggling in the mountains. I wouldn't count A. Contador out, if he could attack tomorrow and gain a minute or two, then he has a real chance on Alp de huez. He is defiantly the best of the bunch, when it comes to the time trials.

Contador is still in this thing big time. He can be 1, 2 or 3. He can finish on the podium. Andy Schleck needs to make a move NOW! We are running out of stages. Contador is closing on him and he needs to make up the gap from those in front of him also.

I agree, Schlecks got to start their moves now. They have to attack Contador or he'll catchup in a hurry. He showed absolutely no fear when he jumped on Voeckler and the rest of the climbers yesterday. Thor Hushov is amazing athlete, this guy is a sprinter that climbs with the best of them.
so i was reading stats on the T.D.F. and it said the whole race is 2,200 miles? and the average speed is around 25 mph? that is crazy

it took me nearly two years to put 1,000 miles on my bike lol
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
so i was reading stats on the T.D.F. and it said the whole race is 2,200 miles? and the average speed is around 25 mph? that is crazy

it took me nearly two years to put 1,000 miles on my bike lol

It's pretty far and really difficult. Not to mention it's up and down moutains in the heat and humidity. I rode 100 miles in 1 day on a bike. And believe me you don't want to get on your bike the next day and do it again.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM ]
Huge attack by Andy Schleck, I hope he can hold off the peloton. He is the virtual yellow jersey so far. One more mountain to go.
Originally posted by 190836:
Huge attack by Andy Schleck, I hope he can hold off the peloton. He is the virtual yellow jersey so far. One more mountain to go.

Today could have very well won him the tour. He now leads Evans by 57 seconds and Contador by 4 and a half minutes. Can't wait to see how he holds up tomorrow and in the time trial.
I think Voeckler and the Schleck brothers both need a bigger cushion on Evans heading into the time trial. I believe Voeckler will no longer be allowed the freedom to go in breakaways starting next Tour after surpassing expectations with his climbing ability.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
I think Voeckler and the Schleck brothers both need a bigger cushion on Evans heading into the time trial.

Agreed, Evans should be good for a minutes gain in the TT, who dares wins tomorrow
LOL. Andy Schleck waited 18 stages to make an attack. But he's sitting pretty good now. Frank Schleck is sitting pretty good. Cadel Evans is still in the mix. Contador I think is done. Too far back with too few stages unless he makes an monstrous attack in one of the next few stages.
Attack by Contador, if Andy Schleck could shadow him, the tour is his.
Evans must be favourite now, TT to come, 57 seconds down
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Evans must be favourite now, TT to come, 57 seconds down

Andy Schleck is sitting pretty good too. He's improved his time trialing. He can win.