LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Tour de France 2011

• Veteran
Who is watching and what is your prediction for this year? I hope for Schleck or Levi to win it all.
I'll be watching. Haven't looked over the course yet, but am expecting Contador to win. Schleck probably still can't time trial well enough. My darkhorse is Bradley Wiggins. Don't think Levi has the explosive uphill acceleration necessary. He's more of a follower or "I gotta climb at my own pace" kind of guy. Actually I'm expecting more from Chris Horner on RadioShack. And Cadel's never seemed to put it all together. It'll be a soap opera on wheels! Grab a seat!
I'm looking forward to it big time. It's the one cycling event I always follow. It's like the Super Bowl of cycling. Obviously Andy Schleck and Alberto Contador have the best chance. I'd like to see Schleck. He needs a breakthrough. After his chanin falling off last year and barely losing I feel for the guy.

I love the Versus coverage. It's pretty good. You can watch the replay at night or live in the day. They usually play it about twice plus all the online stuff.

I don't see any American riders currently in the top few. But maybe there will be one up and coming. The sprinter stages and mountain climbs are always fun.

3 weeks of absolute torture of all kinds to see who is the best in the world. A grueling race and so much beautiful scenary in France. I'm looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to it, I'll be at the end of stages 10 and 11, hoping to see a Cavendish win @ 11
**** Contador, he never should have ridden away from Schleck like that.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Maybe Schleck this year. If that chain didn't fall off and he didn't lose all that time he had a real chance. And his time trialing seems a bit better too. He's as good or better than anybody in the mountains. Andy Schleck has a legit chance this year. I'd like to see him do it. I'm tired of seeing him be 2nd. It's time to win now.
  • Veteran
Contador is 1:20 back. Long ways to go and I think he can makeup the time difference, since this was the first stage. Here is what Johan Bruyneel had say about Contador.
http://johanbruyneel.com/blog/2011tdfblog2.html
Anyone busted for cheating yet?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FamousAnus:
Anyone busted for cheating yet?

Only Lance!!!
I hope Cadel Evans wins it this year. Contador is all but done after the two falls today and yesterday.

I hope Tyler Farrer to win the sprints.

Meh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BigRon:
I hope Cadel Evans wins it this year. Contador is all but done after the two falls today and yesterday.

I hope Tyler Farrer to win the sprints.

I like Cadel Evans. I just don't know if he has what it takes to win it all. I hope he does though. Contador is probably the best pure climber now that Andy Schleck is struggling.
flipped through it last night and i guess there was a big crash.. someone had to drop out of the race

i just like looking at these guys bikes.. i wish i could afford a legit road bike
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Maybe Schleck this year. If that chain didn't fall off and he didn't lose all that time he had a real chance. And his time trialing seems a bit better too. He's as good or better than anybody in the mountains. Andy Schleck has a legit chance this year. I'd like to see him do it. I'm tired of seeing him be 2nd. It's time to win now.

Yeah he made up a bunch of time and that section where Contador kept going instead of waiting for Schleck ended up being the difference. I really hope he wins, haven't had time to sit down and watch any of the race this year though.
Share 49ersWebzone