LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

The best team never to win an NBA title

Originally posted by dobo:
We're talking about team, not franchise, right?

The homer in me would like to mention the 2005-2006 San Antonio Spurs.

the homer in me would point out that my pistons in 06 had the best record that year i think 64 wins, our last year with ben wallace, we get to the finals we coulda won it again

Yes, so that means you can throw in any of those Lakers/Celtics teams in the 80's that didn't win the title, like the '88-'89 Lakers (assuming Magic doesn't get injured in the Finals)
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Yes, so that means you can throw in any of those Lakers/Celtics teams in the 80's that didn't win the title, like the '88-'89 Lakers (assuming Magic doesn't get injured in the Finals)

Well in that case, my inner homer picks the 1984 Lakers that lost to the Celtics in 7 games.

Magic Johnson (age 24)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (age 36 and still a 20+ppg player)
James Worthy (age 22)
Jamaal Wilkes (age 30)
Bob McAdoo (age 32)
Byron Scott (age 22)
Michael Cooper (age 27)
Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'neill, and Karl Malone.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

Good Lord.

Let me guess , Pippen should be in this picture too?

No. It's that...

1) Some of the people included are ridiculous. Dan Majerle, Rik Smits, John Starks? Was Hersey Hawkins not available?

2) The Bulls won 6 titles. Most of the legit players in that pic had careers that spanned 2-3 times that long. I mean hell, Stockton & Malone were together for EIGHTEEN YEARS and only won the West twice. But it was MJ and MJ alone that prevented them from winning titles.

I was about to say that.

So your saying MJ didn't stop them twice?

The BULLS stopped them twice, just as 16 other teams did.

No, Jordan did. All by himself.
san jose sharks
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
san jose sharks

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jun 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The 97-98 Pacers lead by Reggie Miller was the ONLY team to take the Bulls to game 7 and almost won the series, were robbed in game 7 when Travis Best's 3 pointer was dis-allowed, it was clearly before the buzzer. That team was damn good team. They had Smits, Dale Davis and Antonio Davis, Chris Mullin, Marc Jackson, Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Derrick McKey, and of course Reggie Miller.

Gave the Bulls everything they could handle and then some.

The Knicks took the Bulls to a Game 7 in 1991-1992 I think. That was a good team however. However, I think the Jazz fromt hat season would've beaten them.

My nod goes to the 1993-1994 Knicks, the 2001-2002 Kings, and the 1997-1998 Utah Jazz.

Of the teams I didn't observe with my own eyes, some of Wilt's Warriors/Sixers teams and those Elgin Baylor Lakers teams.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Since Ive been watching ball the Phoenix Suns that ran into the Bulls in the championship.Most fun I had was the "We Believe" W's.It felt good to finally be back in the playoffs and showing the world that the bay area has some of the best basketball fans in the NBA
2011 Heat

Originally posted by global_nomad:
2011 Heat

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
2011 Heat

• titan
  • Veteran
Utah Jazz!!!!!! Malone-Stockton combo! One of the best combo ever!
easily one of those great jazz teams Jordan and the Bulls beat
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
easily one of those great jazz teams Jordan and the Bulls beat

we would have 2 title banners hanging from the rafters if Jordan had stayed with baseball.
Share 49ersWebzone