LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

The best team never to win an NBA title

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
2010-11 Golden State Warriors

The Jerry West/Elgin Baylor Lakers got to the Finals 7 times and didn't win the title, so you could make a strong case for them.

Of the teams I've seen, I agree that it's the Stockton/Malone Jazz.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The Malone/Stockton Jazz and the Nash, Marion, Amare Suns and the 02 Kings and the 96 Sonics
[ Edited by crzy on May 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM ]
Fab Five

wait...
2000 portland trail blazers, look @ that roster, deep as hell, epic meltdown in game 7 of wcf against lakers tarnished their legacy
Originally posted by crabman82:
2000 portland trail blazers, look @ that roster, deep as hell, epic meltdown in game 7 of wcf against lakers tarnished their legacy

I used to use that team on NBA Live on PS2 online. They were the shizzle.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The 97-98 Pacers lead by Reggie Miller was the ONLY team to take the Bulls to game 7 and almost won the series, were robbed in game 7 when Travis Best's 3 pointer was dis-allowed, it was clearly before the buzzer. That team was damn good team. They had Smits, Dale Davis and Antonio Davis, Chris Mullin, Marc Jackson, Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Derrick McKey, and of course Reggie Miller.

Gave the Bulls everything they could handle and then some.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
The 97-98 Pacers lead by Reggie Miller was the ONLY team to take the Bulls to game 7 and almost won the series, were robbed in game 7 when Travis Best's 3 pointer was dis-allowed, it was clearly before the buzzer. That team was damn good team. They had Smits, Dale Davis and Antonio Davis, Chris Mullin, Marc Jackson, Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Derrick McKey, and of course Reggie Miller.

I forgot about that team they were good. The team I wanted to win one but didnt was the C.Webb Kings. The best team was probably was the Lakers that had Malon and Payton.
Originally posted by FreddyG:

I forgot about that team they were good. The team I wanted to win one but didnt was the C.Webb Kings. The best team was probably was the Lakers that had Malon and Payton.

Meh. I'm a Laker fan and I don't believe that. Payton was a horrible fit for the Triangle, and Malone was old and broken down. Neither did anything to contribute like they should have.

ya that was a better pacer team than the 1 that went to finals a couple years later imo

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Brew:
Karl Malone and John Stockton teams

this

this
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Brew:
Karl Malone and John Stockton teams

this

this

those

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When looking at the best teams that never won it, you must look at the teams with the fewest weaknesses...well, because teams that don't win it usually have a weakness.

This Pacers team had the fewest weaknesses if any at all. The were tough defensively, they had a 7'4" Center who could hit the 16-footer and had awesome Forwards to help with the rebounding and defense. They had the "go-to" pressure shooter, a very smart PG who could also post-up...

Utah Jazz would be #2 but their problem was that their "post-up" go-to guy wasn't all that great when it came to crunch time and he (Malone) resorted to the jump shot which really hurt his team when he went on droughts. The only times he would use that strength and attack the basket was off a Stockton pick and roll.

Kings were awesome but just weren't athletic enough which is why the ball always seemed to not bounce in their favor. They also didn't have the "clutch" player as Peja and Webber weren't critical game situation guys.

SEA had that old age problem of the PG being the teams leading scorer and responsible for setting the offense. That's a weakness because all you do is what CHI did which is put a lengthy defender on him which is also what was done to Derrek Rose.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Don Nelson Bucks teams in the 80's
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I thought the 95 Magic was going to win multiple titles. Penny and Shaq were being hailed as the new Kareem/ Magic. Horace Grant was the perfect lunch pail guy, they had shooters all over and a good bench. Amazing that whole team was dismantled just s few short years later.
Share 49ersWebzone