LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• NickV
  • Veteran
Benfica tied 2-2 with FC Twente today in the champions league playoff stage. SHOULD have been a 2-1 lead going back to Portugal but its ok apparently to push a defender to the ground so you can head the ball into the net.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Oh and Noltio...STUD. Four competitive games...4 goals

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Really happy for Nolito. He really impressed couple years ago, but last year, couldn't get in any rhythm - which isn't a big shock since he wasn't gettin' consistent minutes. Good to see him play upto his potential in another league.

I hope Bojan also comes up big for Roma.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Is the Barca-Real game on TV? Watching it on ESPN 3 again I guess.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wow...what a sick pass by Messi to Iniesta. Reminded me of Messi-Villa connecting in 5-0 rout last year.
Messi
Once again, Madrid showing that they are classy losers.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
I just bought FoxSoccer a couple weeks ago but I want to watch the Mexican league. Where can I do this?!

Fox Deportes.

Originally posted by 1251alex:

seriously
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I read Marcelo did some dumb foul. I wanna watch the replay in a second. I wish I had the nerve to watch it as soon as I got home instead of looking at the internet first lol
3-2 man! Looked like it was a hell of a game.
But lets focus on more important matters....
U20 Portugal in the World Cup FINAL!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

They are an extension of Jose. Real was never this class-less before, at least not since mid-90s when I started following club football. Can't believe they tried to injure Fabregas.

Anyway, Messi is easily the best player on the planet and it's not even close. He was simply amazing today.

Fabregas last 5 years at Arsenal - 0 trophy
Fabregas 5 minutes in Barca uniform - 1 trophy

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Aug 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Porto have announced to the Portuguese stock market (CMVM) they have agreed to the sales of striker Radamel Falcao and midfielder Ruben Micael to Atletico Madrid for a combined fee of €45 million.

Wooo Porto got a little weaker. Now they just need to sell Hulk and hand us back the trophy
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Also Diego of Wolfsburg, formerly of Juve, has links to Atletico also. As well as the young explosive Portuguese youngster Pizzi. Where the hell are they getting all this money from?
Share 49ersWebzone