Chivas tearing Barca a new one

Incredible first 2 goals for the Mexicans
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Chivas tearing Barca B a new one

Incredible first 2 goals for the Mexicans

fixed
I like how Jonathan Dos Santos' been playing in the preseason. I hope they give him a shot at the A squad.
Originally posted by JDM_DC4:
I like how Jonathan Dos Santos' been playing in the preseason. I hope they give him a shot at the A squad.

Pep has said theres no place for him in the first team this season. theres simply just too much talent on Barca.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Can't wait for these 2 to make the starting squad for Argentina!

gonna let you know right now that Lamela isn't gonna have nearly as much space breaking through the defenses in Serie A like he did in Argentina. His little tricks on the ball aren't gonna fly.

With that being said, I hope the whole Roma team flops this season along with Inter, Napoli, and Udinese.
The Klinsman era begins today.
Originally posted by rigs49:
The Klinsman era begins today.

with a loss
Originally posted by thuglife619:
with a loss

I agree..Vamos Mexico!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Hugo Almedia says...anything Kun can do, I can do better!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942782/valdes:-cesc-deal-to-be-announced-%27in-a-few-hours%27?cc=5901

Looks like Fabregas will finally land in Camp Nou.... Haven't we heard that all summer though?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/942782/valdes:-cesc-deal-to-be-announced-%27in-a-few-hours%27?cc=5901

Looks like Fabregas will finally land in Camp Nou.... Haven't we heard that all summer though?

Yea, been reading a lot lately that it's pretty much a done deal - but will wait for the official announcement.

I've been against this trade because I felt we don't need him. We have Xavi, Iniesta, and Thiago is ready as well - so where will Fab fit? But, after seeing Barca and Real play in the pre-season - it's important for my team to have quality backups if they are going to beat Real and win La Liga again. Also, when you've won everything, you may not be so hungry anymore...and addition of Fab (who hasn't won a trophy and wants to win one bad) can keep the team focused. Sanchez and Thiago will also bring the same hunger.

I just hope this doesn't stunts Thiago's development - who I believe is Barca's next true star.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yea, been reading a lot lately that it's pretty much a done deal - but will wait for the official announcement.

I've been against this trade because I felt we don't need him. We have Xavi, Iniesta, and Thiago is ready as well - so where will Fab fit? But, after seeing Barca and Real play in the pre-season - it's important for my team to have quality backups if they are going to beat Real and win La Liga again. Also, when you've won everything, you may not be so hungry anymore...and addition of Fab (who hasn't won a trophy and wants to win one bad) can keep the team focused. Sanchez and Thiago will also bring the same hunger.

I just hope this doesn't stunts Thiago's development - who I believe is Barca's next true star.

I brought it up with my dad and he thinks im nuts, I told him that this might be Xavis last season at Barca. He looked like he wanted to back hand me lol

My point being that he isnt going to get any younger but is still young enough to put on the market and bring some more funds back to the club. It also makes sense with Fab and Tiago waiting in the wings.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Oh and Benfica tied thier first game of the season with newly promoted Gil Vicente
I just bought FoxSoccer a couple weeks ago but I want to watch the Mexican league. Where can I do this?!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
I brought it up with my dad and he thinks im nuts, I told him that this might be Xavis last season at Barca. He looked like he wanted to back hand me lol

My point being that he isnt going to get any younger but is still young enough to put on the market and bring some more funds back to the club. It also makes sense with Fab and Tiago waiting in the wings.

I doubt it, though it won't shock me. I think Xavi will play fewer games this year, he played injured quite a bit last year...so I believe Pep will keep him fresh and rest him against really crappy opponents - and also sub him out early. They will apply similar strategy with Iniesta too, imho. Barca started to look very tired in Febuary and March of last year before gettin' their legs back.

CB is the only concern for me - where Puyol is injured, and Barca relies on Pique way too much.
Share 49ersWebzone