LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
I just bought FoxSoccer a couple weeks ago but I want to watch the Mexican league. Where can I do this?!

Fox Sports Deportes I think
Anyone know where I can find a stream for this Barca Real game today?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Anyone know where I can find a stream for this Barca Real game today?

Espn3.com or ESPN Deportes
I love this, Real playing really well, I'm all for these matches to be much more competitive, even though I'm a Barca fan I am a soccer fan first and foremost (unless Venezuela is playing, then f**k everyone else )
and just as I posted that Barca goes up 2-1, good karma
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
and just as I posted that Barca goes up 2-1, good karma

I'll take the 2-2 draw at Real. I would have taken a 2-0 loss even. Barca didn't field Xavi in first half, Pique came in really late - and Busquets and Puyol didn't even play. With Fab coming on board - Barca will be the better team again in 2011.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I'll take the 2-2 draw at Real. I would have taken a 2-0 loss even. Barca didn't field Xavi in first half, Pique came in really late - and Busquets and Puyol didn't even play. With Fab coming on board - Barca will be the better team again in 2011.

As a Real fan I will have to agree with you sadly. Barca jus seems to have more energy in the meetings against Madrid.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Had Real gotten that PK that come off Abidals hand I think the game would have gone differently.

Yes I know Pedro had a no call as well, but it would have been 3-2 at that point and would have really been going for the goal and a high defensive back line. That Villa goal took all the wind out of their sails. It was incredible! Barca hadn't done anything up until that point and David just scores this beauty I do all the time in Fifa 11 lol

Cant wait for the second leg
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
As a Real fan I will have to agree with you sadly. Barca jus seems to have more energy in the meetings against Madrid.

You're a Real fan? Man, you should post more often. I don't have anyone to talk s**t to on the board... - and it's all in good fun, so yea! But, honestly - Real has really closed the gap. When was the last time Barca had only 52% of the possession in a match?

Busquets is a key in holding the mid-field for Barca, and he will def. play in the 2nd leg - so that will tell us more. Also, Barca gave Messi and company long breaks this summer - so I do believe that they were a little rusty - but Real looks in mid-season form and looks very lethal in attack. Good game for Real - Barca scored on their chances and Real missed a couple they should have converted.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Had Real gotten that PK that come off Abidals hand I think the game would have gone differently.

Yes I know Pedro had a no call as well, but it would have been 3-2 at that point and would have really been going for the goal and a high defensive back line. That Villa goal took all the wind out of their sails. It was incredible! Barca hadn't done anything up until that point and David just scores this beauty I do all the time in Fifa 11 lol

Cant wait for the second leg

I agree, but a 3-2 loss at Real would have been a pretty decent result for Barca. Villa's goal was awesome, and so was Benzema's pass to Ozil. Very entertaining game, though frustrating at times for a Barca fan because they kept turning over the possession. Full credit to Real for never lettin' Barca settle down - but hopefully things will be different at Camp Nou.

Have fun with Fabregas Barca, if he ever gets healthy that is. Now lets see what Wenger is made of, see if he's a man of his word.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Have fun with Fabregas Barca, if he ever gets healthy that is. Now lets see what Wenger is made of, see if he's a man of his word.

5 bucks says he is going to buy a youth product that wont get adequate playing time until 2 or 3 years from now.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Barca doesn't NEED Fabregas and are fine without him. I did not agree with this move, but whatever. Fabregas shouldn't have injury issues in La Liga. Fab wasn't able to deal with the physical nature of EPL - he will be fine in La Liga. Plus, he won't be asked to play every game. If Nasri leaves as well, good luck qualifying for next year's Champions League.
His hamstring still isn't 100%, it's not about future injuries it's about the fact that he's still injured. It's been almost two years and he's still a shadow of his former self. If Nasri leaves we'll have $50M+ to spend and be rid of a player who hasn't given 100% in almost a year, not too worried at all about CL next year. But as Nick said, probably buy some youth product. Names being thrown around include Juan Mata and Eden Hazard, wouldn't mind either or both of those.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
His hamstring still isn't 100%, it's not about future injuries it's about the fact that he's still injured. It's been almost two years and he's still a shadow of his former self. If Nasri leaves we'll have $50M+ to spend and be rid of a player who hasn't given 100% in almost a year, not too worried at all about CL next year. But as Nick said, probably buy some youth product. Names being thrown around include Juan Mata and Eden Hazard, wouldn't mind either or both of those.

Hamstring seems fine - he passed the Barca's medical tests and is available to play full 90 minutes on Wednesday if Pep wants him to. Fab was healthy to play in pre-season as well.

If Nasri leaves as well and the glass man goes down for few weeks - I expect Arsenal to finish behind ManU, Chelsea, ManCity, and Liverpool. Clichy left as well. Eden Hazard and Mata are at least a year or 2 away from playing against the top competition. Mata is over-rated, but Hazard will be a damn good player in couple years.

I like Arsenal, they are always fun to watch - thanks to Wenger - but he has also made them a training facility. Players go there to becomes really good, and then they go to other teams to become great. Arsenal with all the money - need to go out and sign some big stars if they want to be taken seriously.
Share 49ersWebzone