LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Report: Jim Tressel resigns

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Just saw the news on Yahoo sports
Blessing in disguise for the Buckeyes. No HC did less with more. Love how he would punt on 4th and 1 on the opposing 38 yard line or how his own QB would rant about how the system limits him, etc.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • evil
  • Veteran
So who will be the long term replacement ?

Interim HC Luke Fickell ?

Urban Meyer ?

Big Game Bob ?

Rich Rod ?

Jon Gruden ?

Other ?
No More Sweater Vest!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Totally stupid. You can't control what guys do off the field. They control themselves. And he won the National Championship.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Totally stupid. You can't control what guys do off the field. They control themselves. And he won the National Championship.

but he found out about it and didn't do s**t

THAT was totally stupid

and really the whole system were these players don't get to make any money is TOTALLY STUPID, but that's a different discussion
Obviously as a Miami fan I have my problems with Ohio State.
However, Jim Tressell was an absolute embarrassment to college football. Publishing books about integrity while cut corners and disregarding the rules. What a joke. I cant wait to read this SI article which was apparently the reason he finally called it quits.

Now I'm not naive and certainly understand this isn't only his fault. Ever since Terrell Pryor stepped on that campus there's been problem after problem but ultimately as the man who recruited Pryor, Tressell shoulders the blame. But mark my work, Pryor will not finish the year at Ohio State.

Go Canes.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

but he found out about it and didn't do s**t

THAT was totally stupid

and really the whole system were these players don't get to make any money is TOTALLY STUPID, but that's a different discussion

It is kind of dumb. I think you would avoid a lot of problems if they even could make a small amount like $50,000 a year. Less guys would cheat. It would provide some basic living for them. And lets be honest they make millions in revenue for the University from game attendence, TV revenue and liscensing of offical attire.
Ohio St. will regret this.

Originally posted by pelos21:

I agree. He was always in BCS games, won the National Title and was pretty dominant in the Big Ten. The guy was a good HC.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:

Not if they can hire Urban Meyer.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
No More Sweater Vest!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Damn son
Share 49ersWebzone