LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Report: Jim Tressel resigns

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Totally stupid. You can't control what guys do off the field. They control themselves. And he won the National Championship.

but he found out about it and didn't do s**t

THAT was totally stupid

and really the whole system were these players don't get to make any money is TOTALLY STUPID, but that's a different discussion

It is kind of dumb. I think you would avoid a lot of problems if they even could make a small amount like $50,000 a year. Less guys would cheat. It would provide some basic living for them. And lets be honest they make millions in revenue for the University from game attendence, TV revenue and liscensing of offical attire.

50K?

I'd say 25K. Some kid who may not even be using his college education shouldn't be making 50K, c'mon SD
lol, f**k Ohio st. Not even their +10 bonus in the BCS standings will help them now.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
Pryor to supplemental draft?
Totally stupid. You can't control what guys do off the field. They control themselves. And he won the National Championship.

THAT was totally stupid

and really the whole system were these players don't get to make any money is TOTALLY STUPID, but that's a different discussion

It is kind of dumb. I think you would avoid a lot of problems if they even could make a small amount like $50,000 a year. Less guys would cheat. It would provide some basic living for them. And lets be honest they make millions in revenue for the University from game attendence, TV revenue and liscensing of offical attire.

50K?

I'd say 25K. Some kid who may not even be using his college education shouldn't be making 50K, c'mon SD

They can't afford to pay them. If they paid football players they would have to pay all athelletes because of Title IX
If football players get any sort of money, the other sports programs are gonna want it too
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LundyLove:

THAT was totally stupid

50K?

They can't afford to pay them. If they paid football players they would have to pay all athelletes because of Title IX

They are getting a free education for gods sake. And do you pay all the football players or just the starters... what about the basketball players, baseball players or female athletes. Should smaller schools like Idaho pay 50k to their football players? Paying athletes, or just college football players sounds like disaster to me.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
lol, f**k Ohio st. Not even their +10 bonus in the BCS standings will help them now.

You really know nothing about college football do you?

Big 10 had to overcome the bias of being an "inferior" conference because of some of OSU's BCS Championship disasters.

Pretty sure they dominated Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl. I know, cuz I was there.
"Two titans of past decade -- Carroll at USC; Tressell at Ohio St -- gone under storm clouds. I do so love college Football, but it's so sketchy."- Brian Murphy
Originally posted by aman49:

Big 10 had to overcome the bias of being an "inferior" conference because of some of OSU's BCS Championship disasters.

Pretty sure they dominated Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl. I know, cuz I was there.

lol. Is "you know nothing about college football" the best you can do? Seriously?

I couldn't give a s**t what happened to Oregon, and they will fall to earth when Stanford beats down their ass this year. Seeing the Big 10's biggest choker fail yet again, and so disgracefully too is just too hilarious. Don't worry though, I'm sure the BCS has a rule implemented to force Ohio St. in a bowl game yet again this year. Lord knows they're not getting in any other way.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM ]

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
If football players get any sort of money, the other sports programs are gonna want it too

None of the other sports generate positive cash flow except a few basketball programs.

lol. Is "you know nothing about college football" the best you can do? Seriously?

I couldn't give a s**t what happened to Oregon, and they will fall to earth when Stanford beats down their ass this year. Seeing the Big 10's biggest choker fail yet again, and so disgracefully too is just too hilarious. Don't worry though, I'm sure the BCS has a rule implemented to force Ohio St. in a bowl game yet again this year. Lord knows they're not getting in any other way.

I love how casual fans fall OSU chokers when they have been to, and won, more BCS games than almost every other school.

I love how casual fans fall OSU chokers when they have been to, and won, more BCS games than almost every other school.

So you're basically just going to resort to calling me a casual or not knowing anything about the sport . Ok, then I'll stop if my trash talking if it bothers you so much.

I'm sure the BCS will provide you buckeye fans yet an another enjoyable season.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on May 30, 2011 at 3:12 PM ]

So you're basically just going to resort to calling me a casual or not knowing anything about the sport . Ok, then I'll stop wasting my time.

I'm sure the BCS will provide you buckeye fans yet an another enjoyable season.

Meh.
Apparently, Tressel/OSU would hold a camp for high school kids to come and work out/train. Most of these guys weren't going to be recruited, only about 1-3 kids were special and Tressel wanted them on the team

So, at the end of this camp, Tressel would hold a raffle. These kids would save up money to purchase a raffle ticket. Prizes were osu jerseys, cleats, etc.

Tressel would rig the raffle so the 1-3 kids he wanted on the team, would always win.

douche-bag
Share 49ersWebzone