Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
uh what? lol

both predictions have passed

here's two more predictions for you giants fans

cardinals will win more games then the giants

and

oh yeah...Garcia will be involved in more innings this season then posey

at least we'll still have our star hitter next year...

btw the Cards winning alot of games in the NL Central isnt that impressive. your division stinks. always has. the last 11 years from all 5 other teams has resulted in sub .500 records a whopping 38 of 55 times. also only five 90+ win seasons in that span. you guys have it easy....the Giants went 25-11 against those 5 teams last year. i wish we could see them more often.

lol that's always your fall back with the cardinals. always. uh, check out record outside of the central too.

and yeah, me too...instead of facing joey votto, ryan braun, prince fielder, brandon phillips, jay bruce, etc. id love to face the likes of aubrey huff...and uh..Nate Schierholtz...and aaron rowand..lol

its just funny how you continue to laugh at the central..when the team behind you is the arizon diamondbacks...man, that must be rough.
[ Edited by jrg on May 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
record of teams behind the cardinals (four teams)

101-104

record of teams behind the giants

97-111

just sayin' ...regardless, we'll see you guys tomorrow
[ Edited by jrg on May 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM ]

101-104

97-111

my argument wasnt about the Giants. do you disagree that your division stinks? you certainly cant make a case for the last decade, because its true.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

101-104

97-111

my argument wasnt about the Giants. do you disagree that your division stinks? you certainly cant make a case for the last decade, because its true.

oh the irony (looking at the score on the giants game)

101-104

97-111

said the guy whose team got beat down 15-4 by the Rockies with their best pitcher on the mound... haha

oh the ironing
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

101-104

97-111

said the guy whose team got beat down 15-4 by the Rockies with their best pitcher on the mound... haha

oh the ironing

had a bad game..who cares lol

winning 4-1 right now and about to take 2/3 from the rockies on the road....a team thats part of the big bad nl west lol
Posey officially out this season, will need to take it slow in Spring Training 2012.

Trainer Dave Groeschner on Buster Posey: "He's not going to be back this season". He said "I would think so" for starting 2012. "Long road."
http://twitter.com/#!/JohnSheaHey/status/74949764533338112
uh what? lol

both predictions have passed

here's two more predictions for you giants fans

cardinals will win more games then the giants

and

oh yeah...Garcia will be involved in more innings this season then posey

WTF does bragging that our best hitter is injured have to do with anything? Seriously... what kind of fan does that. I don't care if they questioned your favorite pitcher or not. I mean just because someone is talking like that dont mean you need to post s**t like that IMO. That's kind of f**ked up. I mean obviously we will probably win less games now and Posey wont play anymore, even Ray Charles could see that.

Yeah we will probably get swept by STL this series, we f**king suck right now. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Our record is going to suck and we will be lucky to stay in front of the Diamondbacks. We're missing our 2 best hitters and our other guys like stupid ass Aubry Huff got old. Tejada f**king sucks. We need a trade for a real hitter because a lot of these guys are flat out garbage at this point.
Someone please save this thread with more Posey talk. Cardinal talk can leave

101-104

97-111

oh the ironing

winning 4-1 right now and about to take 2/3 from the rockies on the road....a team thats part of the big bad nl west lol

theres still plenty of time for the Cards to implode like they did last year when the heat was turned up. losing Posey would have been alot bigger of a blow if we relied on his offense to win. we dont rely on much ANY offense to win.

whats funny is how Cardinals fans always act so superior to other teams. always bragging about all those titles you won a million years ago. in our lifetime (jrg), the Giants and Cardinals have been almost equally successful.

1986-2010:

Cardinals: 2093-1887
Giants: 2085-1898

Cardinals: 3 NL pennants
Giants: 3 NL pennants

Cardinals: 1 WS title
Giants: 1 WS title

both won a WS 4 games to 1, both have been swept in a WS, and both lost a WS in 7 games.

i just dont get what all the Cardinal fan snobbery is based on?

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Someone please save this thread with more Posey talk.

ST. LOUIS — Former major league catcher Mike Matheny, whose career was ended by concussions, said the hit that knocked out the Giants' Buster Posey for the rest of the season could have easily been avoided.

"You know what, it wasn't a dirty play, he didn't come high spikes, he didn't come high elbow," Matheny said Monday. "But it wasn't a necessary play. He was hunting. Buster gave him an option and he didn't take it."

Matheny, 40, finished his career with San Francisco in 2007 and is a minor league instructor with St. Louis, where he played from 2000-04. He said that Florida's Scott Cousins went out of his way to take out Posey in a play at the plate last week.

Matheny, who won four Gold Gloves, isn't in favor of rules changes to protect catchers and believes hard contact plays at the plate are just part of the game. But he said Cousins had an opening to slide while Posey was defenseless while awaiting a throw and instead hit him in the opposite shoulder.

"I don't think you legislate," Matheny said. "I think you just put a mark in the column that that kid took a run at a catcher. To me as a catcher I know the next time I get the ball I'm going to stick it to him.

"You make those notes as a catcher."

read more
How can one talk s**t about the defending champs? I'm an A's fan and I find this hilarious.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How can one talk s**t about the defending champs? I'm an A's fan and I find this hilarious.

who's talking s**t?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

101-104

97-111

oh the ironing

theres still plenty of time for the Cards to implode like they did last year when the heat was turned up. losing Posey would have been alot bigger of a blow if we relied on his offense to win. we dont rely on much ANY offense to win.

whats funny is how Cardinals fans always act so superior to other teams. always bragging about all those titles you won a million years ago. in our lifetime (jrg), the Giants and Cardinals have been almost equally successful.

1986-2010:

Cardinals: 2093-1887
Giants: 2085-1898

Cardinals: 3 NL pennants
Giants: 3 NL pennants

Cardinals: 1 WS title
Giants: 1 WS title

both won a WS 4 games to 1, both have been swept in a WS, and both lost a WS in 7 games.

i just dont get what all the Cardinal fan snobbery is based on?

um, anybody outside of sf/stl..or anybody that knows anything about baseball will say cardinals > giants..only giant fans would say otherwise..10 world series championships..2nd all time to the Yankees.

Also, GTFO of here w/ that since 1986 s**t...people who do that drive me nuts...I guess the rings before then don't count then? That's as stupid as a friend of mine (Patriots fan) claiming the Patriots are a better team because they've won more titles since the last 49ers SB (1994)...just..stupid.

Cardinals have plenty reason to be cocky..they've arguably been the top NL team of all time..most WS titles..tons of other accomplishments...no reason not to be feel superior.
[ Edited by jrg on May 30, 2011 at 7:41 PM ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

who's talking s**t?

...me?
Share 49ersWebzone