Buster Posey Out for the year

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
record of teams behind the cardinals (four teams)

101-104

record of teams behind the giants

97-111

just sayin' ...regardless, we'll see you guys tomorrow

my argument wasnt about the Giants. do you disagree that your division stinks? you certainly cant make a case for the last decade, because its true.

oh the irony (looking at the score on the giants game)

said the guy whose team got beat down 15-4 by the Rockies with their best pitcher on the mound... haha

oh the ironing

had a bad game..who cares lol

winning 4-1 right now and about to take 2/3 from the rockies on the road....a team thats part of the big bad nl west lol

theres still plenty of time for the Cards to implode like they did last year when the heat was turned up. losing Posey would have been alot bigger of a blow if we relied on his offense to win. we dont rely on much ANY offense to win.

whats funny is how Cardinals fans always act so superior to other teams. always bragging about all those titles you won a million years ago. in our lifetime (jrg), the Giants and Cardinals have been almost equally successful.

1986-2010:

Cardinals: 2093-1887
Giants: 2085-1898

Cardinals: 3 NL pennants
Giants: 3 NL pennants

Cardinals: 1 WS title
Giants: 1 WS title

both won a WS 4 games to 1, both have been swept in a WS, and both lost a WS in 7 games.

i just dont get what all the Cardinal fan snobbery is based on?

um, anybody outside of sf/stl..or anybody that knows anything about baseball will say cardinals > giants..only giant fans would say otherwise..10 world series championships..2nd all time to the Yankees.

Also, GTFO of here w/ that since 1986 s**t...people who do that drive me nuts...I guess the rings before then don't count then? That's as stupid as a friend of mine (Patriots fan) claiming the Patriots are a better team because they've won more titles since the last 49ers SB (1994)...just..stupid.

Cardinals have plenty reason to be cocky..they've arguably been the top NL team of all time..most WS titles..tons of other accomplishments...no reason not to be feel superior.

does it really matter guys? Phils are gonna win the WS this year anyway
Way to get heated over some stupid s**t guys
Originally posted by vrabbit:

101-104

97-111

my argument wasnt about the Giants. do you disagree that your division stinks? you certainly cant make a case for the last decade, because its true.

said the guy whose team got beat down 15-4 by the Rockies with their best pitcher on the mound... haha

oh the ironing

winning 4-1 right now and about to take 2/3 from the rockies on the road....a team thats part of the big bad nl west lol

theres still plenty of time for the Cards to implode like they did last year when the heat was turned up. losing Posey would have been alot bigger of a blow if we relied on his offense to win. we dont rely on much ANY offense to win.

whats funny is how Cardinals fans always act so superior to other teams. always bragging about all those titles you won a million years ago. in our lifetime (jrg), the Giants and Cardinals have been almost equally successful.

1986-2010:

both won a WS 4 games to 1, both have been swept in a WS, and both lost a WS in 7 games.

um, anybody outside of sf/stl..or anybody that knows anything about baseball will say cardinals > giants..only giant fans would say otherwise..10 world series championships..2nd all time to the Yankees.

Also, GTFO of here w/ that since 1986 s**t...people who do that drive me nuts...I guess the rings before then don't count then? That's as stupid as a friend of mine (Patriots fan) claiming the Patriots are a better team because they've won more titles since the last 49ers SB (1994)...just..stupid.

Cardinals have plenty reason to be cocky..they've arguably been the top NL team of all time..most WS titles..tons of other accomplishments...no reason not to be feel superior.

nobody gives a crap about your 10 WS titles. the Giants won 5 in the first 50 years the WS existed, but ive never once bragged about it. who cares? i wasnt around to see it. it was decades ago. different era's. you really want to brag about the titles the Cardinals won during the great depression?

the point is in the last 30 years, the Giants and Cardinals really havent been very different. both good, solid franchises. get off your high horse, you dont get to take credit for all those old timey titles. give me a break.

if you want to go all the way back in history and start talking big, the Giants have more wins than any team major sports history, and have the most HOF players in baseball history.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Yikes...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yikes...

• jrg
  • Veteran

101-104

97-111

oh the ironing

1986-2010:

nobody gives a crap about your 10 WS titles. the Giants won 5 in the first 50 years the WS existed, but ive never once bragged about it. who cares? i wasnt around to see it. it was decades ago. different era's. you really want to brag about the titles the Cardinals won during the great depression?

the point is in the last 30 years, the Giants and Cardinals really havent been very different. both good, solid franchises. get off your high horse, you dont get to take credit for all those old timey titles. give me a break.

if you want to go all the way back in history and start talking big, the Giants have more wins than any team major sports history, and have the most HOF players in baseball history.

cool story bro.

all im saying is everyones perception of the cardinals and giants are what they are for a damn good reason.

you're just a butthurt giants fan who gets all pissy when somebody mentions something about the cardinals and doesn't start bowing down to the big bad giants.

again, if you weren't able to pick it up last time...i don't care when the titles were won..if the cardinals won all 10 from 1940-1950..or won all 10 from 2000-2010...they're still there and not going anywhere. so you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Yikes...

LMAO
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner: