LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
I like Dirk and wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring, but I just can't being myself to root for a team from Dallas. I really think this could go either way which is something I haven't thought of the NBA finals in several years. Purely on gut, I'm picking Dallas in 7. They just seem to have that thing this year.

Off by a game. I actually found myself rooting for Dallas the last few games. All around great team peformance.
Great game, great series. It is so great to finally see Dallas win a championship, players like Dirk, Kidd, JET, Peja, Marion have all traveled long roads to get to this point and its nice to see them finally get paid off, also happy for Cuban as well. Definetely going to enjoy this championship, I'm pretty sure I woke up half my neighborhood once Dirk hit that running layup to seal the deal.

GREAT SEASON DALLAS!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

...yea and LeBron's comments were such a joke, you can tell the pressure and the hate is really getting to him. LeChoke appears again...
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Great game, great series. It is so great to finally see Dallas win a championship, players like Dirk, Kidd, JET, Peja, Marion have all traveled long roads to get to this point and its nice to see them finally get paid off, also happy for Cuban as well. Definetely going to enjoy this championship, I'm pretty sure I woke up half my neighborhood once Dirk hit that running layup to seal the deal.

GREAT SEASON DALLAS!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

...yea and LeBron's comments were such a joke, you can tell the pressure and the hate is really getting to him. LeChoke appears again...

yeah he is breaking on and off the court
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Suck it Miami.....haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Is it just me, or has LeBron aged A LOT this year? Kinda like how Presidents rapidly age when they're in office. Look at this pic from the beginning of the year. He looks a good 3-4 years younger here.

Against Chicago...

6 Days Ago...

Eh, kinda hard to judge w/ the pictures you provided...first two are from before game...second two are after game after hes been sweating and busting his ass.
Originally posted by dobo:
When the Super Friends got together last summer, I predicted the Heat would make it to the second round. They've exceeded my expectations. I still don't like how their talents complement each other -- especially Bosh -- but the sheer magnitude of the talent is unreal.

It seems like everyone expected them to win this season.

Of course people expected them to win this season. This is the most talent that's ever been added to a roster from one season to the next...in addition to a superstar that was already there...and they're all in their prime.
it bothers me that Dirk is a champion

look how stupid he looks

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
it bothers me that Dirk is a champion

look how stupid he looks

Dirk is AWESOME!!!!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by andes14:
I really think Spoelstra deserves a ton of blame for inexpicably replacing James Jones in the rotation with Mike Miller in the middle of the playoffs when they were absolutely rolling, as well as waiting far too long to bench Bibby.

A ton of blame for benching...James Jones? After Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals?

The lack of James Jones' James Jonesiness was a difference in this series? Really?

Yeah spolestra is gonna get blame but in reality the Heat are definitely a year ahead of the curve. The Heat got beat by a better "team" that was very well coached.

I think Spolestra will go back and review the whole series and learn a lot for next year. You can't fire him for Lebron under achieving 3-4 games in a finals series. You can't even blame Wade for choking up either bc his turnovers wouldn't have been so crucial had Lebron been Lebron.

One thing that did look bad for Spolestra was how confused the Heat looked at times on offense. I see a lot of teams copying the Mavs defensive schemes next year against the Heat and will realize spolestra wasn't bad, but the Mavs coaching was just great.

Bingo.

At times their ball movement was too quick and perfectly timed for the Heat to react to contest or block any shots.

Also to add that practically their whole team was aim-botting from the 3pt line.
When the Super Friends got together last summer, I predicted the Heat would make it to the second round. They've exceeded my expectations. I still don't like how their talents complement each other -- especially Bosh -- but the sheer magnitude of the talent is unreal.

Of course people expected them to win this season. This is the most talent that's ever been added to a roster from one season to the next...in addition to a superstar that was already there...and they're all in their prime.

Yeah it wasnt even the weakness of the rest of the team that did them in. It was mostly Lebron underachieving the whole series. I mean even Chandler was in foul trouble so it wasnt like their size beat the Heat. The Heat role players stepped it up in the playoffs.

Lebron stepped down.

Hi guys.

another reason why Dirk shouldnt be a champion
found this stat on twitter...

timkawakami Wow. RT @vgoodwill Here's a shocking stat: LeBron 27 ppg in season, 18 in finals..largest differential in NBA history
so i heard cuban went ham and bought hella bottles at the club last night.. including an $80,000 bottle of ace of spades..
such an epic meltdown last night, i loved it, watched the game with 2 friends who are heat fans (well really just lebron fan boys) and they were so quiet it was funny. i'm not a lebron hater, but i do hate the super teams, the more often teams like dallas and my 2004 pistons shock the world the better it is for the nba. after all since 1984, 8 different teams have won the title.

I wouldn't say Lebron is in his prime. I think it is obvious he's got a lot to learn in terms of the mental aspect of taking over a game. He's still only 26. The age isn't really an excuse for this but it is obvious that mentally, in terms of control, he is lacking a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone