LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

• Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Either way, the victory party should be pretty wild. Imagine what Cuban is going to do if the Mavs take it down. Now that is going to be something to see.......

there's gonna be a s**tload of titty flashing in the streets of miami and austin
Sucks my Bulls lost. Going for the Heat. Just something about them that I like.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

arrogance?
Dallas in 6
Pat Riley should just pull a Phil Jackson, come out of retirement for 6 years, get 12 rings and say "suck it! I'm the greatest coach ever!"
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Dallas in 6

This means they would win 2 out 3 games in MIA? Not gonna happen. Their best chance is winning 3 straight at home but I can't see MIA losing 3 straight or losing 2 of 3 at home.

Same. I hated them with a passion at the beginning of the season too
Originally posted by Brew:

arrogance?

probably. I just kind of dig it.
Originally posted by YungAce:

Same. I hated them with a passion at the beginning of the season too

Yeah, if my Bulls sucked balls, I would have rooted for them the whole season.
Is it just me or is this Finals matchup more interesting than Lakers/Celtics?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Excellent point, also I think Dallas has much better shooters (and multiple shooters), so it won't be that simple to double up on Dirk - as Lakers and OKC have found out. It will be very interesting to see how Miami plays Dallas (if they make it to the final).

Dirk is so money right now, I don't know if there is anything anyone can do to stop him. Heat just has to make sure that no one else burns them, like Terry, Marion, Kidd. If they let Dirk get his, and stop others - they should be ok, imo.

I agree with each observation you make here. Dirk's a tricky guy to double both because of where he operates and because of how tall he is. If that second guy comes to help on Rose, guys like Lebron or Wade can trap him and take away passing lanes because of their size. It's a lot harder to take those lanes away against a 7 footer. That being said, LeBron & Wade are as good as it gets when it comes to deflections, so Dirk/Dallas' margin for error when moving the ball is slim. Dallas' offense vs. Miami's defense is an extremely interesting matchup and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Miami's offense is going to have to be a lot more effective in this series in order for them to win. Dallas isn't as good as Chicago on the defensive end, but they are going to put a lot more points on the board than the Bulls have. I think that Miami's going to have to score around 95ppg in order to win. It should be interesting to see if they can do that. Kidd, Stevenson, & Marion are all solid perimeter defenders, but I don't know if they have the footspeed or athleticism to hang with LeBron & Wade. And I think the best defense against Dirk these days might be making him work on the other end, and Bosh is capable of doing that.

Should be a great series.

Yea, Miami will have some great match-ups against Dallas, but the tear Dirk is on - Dallas has every chance to win it all. Chandler is also going to be a key because as you pointed out - Kidd, Marion, or Stevenson have the foot-speed, so they will rely on help from him.

It really will be a great series, but Miami has to win one more game to get there. It won't be easy.

I'd be STUNNED if Miami dropped three in a row to Chicago. I think Dal/Mia is a pretty safe bet at this point. But I think Chicago will win tonight.

stevenson hads foot speed? he is terrible. cant believe mavericks play him still.

I think he meant to see that those guys DON'T have the footspeed, based on the context of the comments.

ahh, okay. I see what he was trying to say now. I was about to say, lol.

haha, yea my bad. Of course, they don't have the foot-speed. I must have been doing something else while posting on the WZ.

This will be a fun series, God, I hate the 2-3-2 format, favors the team with home-court, and even though I'm rooting for Heat - I hate this f**kin' format.

Unless Dirk goes off for 40 pts in 4 games (and the way he is playing - I'm not bettin' against it) - I don't see Dallas winning against the Heat especially with that f**kin' retarded format.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes it is. It's good to see some new teams.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yes it is. It's good to see some new teams.

Anybody who isn't a Lakers/Celtics fan agrees.
f**k Miami
f**k BronBron

Dallas in 6

Dallas celebrates with Mark Cuban f**king Gloria James while a lot of delicious titties bounce around all over Texas
Originally posted by GameOver:
f**k Miami
f**k BronBron

Dallas in 6

Dallas celebrates with Mark Cuban f**king Gloria James while a lot of delicious titties bounce around all over Texas

I like the sound of this!
Share 49ersWebzone