Heat: Heat over Mavs in 6

Bulls: Mavs over Bulls in 5

Bulls?

I think its pretty safe to put the Heat in the thread title. LOL
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Who is gonna cover Dirk, bc Bosh will get raped?

and haslems only 6'8 or 6'9, same with lebron, the problem with dirk is he doesnt try to beat u to the rim very often, just wants to get 2 his spot and shoot and his high release is like kevin garnett's or rasheed wallace's, virtually zero chance to block it at their height

Ya, I actually think having LeBron on him would be kind of a waste of LeBron's defensive ability. At Dirk's height, not only is no one gonna block it, no one's gonna even bother it.

IMO, they should leave Bosh on him and keep LeBron switching and rotating on the perimeter.

If Heat does make it to the finals - they are likely to have Bosh guard him with either Lebron or Wade come in to help. They will make Dirk pass the ball, and hope to recover to their man. I mean, that's what they have been doing with Rose, I don't see them doing anythin' different.

OKC made a huge mistake of letting Dirk have too many bounces. Put Bosh on Dirk and bring the help on first dribble. Dirk is a better passer off the dribble but he still isnt a clean passer off the dribble and with the Heats speed, they will get deflections. Chandler may be a big issue for the Heat. He's a much tougher matchup than any big man the Bulls have and can disrupt a lot of shots. It will be a coaches series as it should which is why the games will be intense and the smallest adjustments will be critical.

and haslems only 6'8 or 6'9, same with lebron, the problem with dirk is he doesnt try to beat u to the rim very often, just wants to get 2 his spot and shoot and his high release is like kevin garnett's or rasheed wallace's, virtually zero chance to block it at their height

Ya, I actually think having LeBron on him would be kind of a waste of LeBron's defensive ability. At Dirk's height, not only is no one gonna block it, no one's gonna even bother it.

IMO, they should leave Bosh on him and keep LeBron switching and rotating on the perimeter.

If Heat does make it to the finals - they are likely to have Bosh guard him with either Lebron or Wade come in to help. They will make Dirk pass the ball, and hope to recover to their man. I mean, that's what they have been doing with Rose, I don't see them doing anythin' different.

I think it's a little different though, because Rose uses the pick and roll a ton, which gives the opportunity for a second guy to trap. Dirk mainly scores in iso on the box. That's a harder spot to double and recover from.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I think it's a little different though, because Rose uses the pick and roll a ton, which gives the opportunity for a second guy to trap. Dirk mainly scores in iso on the box. That's a harder spot to double and recover from.

Excellent point, also I think Dallas has much better shooters (and multiple shooters), so it won't be that simple to double up on Dirk - as Lakers and OKC have found out. It will be very interesting to see how Miami plays Dallas (if they make it to the final).

Dirk is so money right now, I don't know if there is anything anyone can do to stop him. Heat just has to make sure that no one else burns them, like Terry, Marion, Kidd. If they let Dirk get his, and stop others - they should be ok, imo.
It's going to be the Heat and that is exactly why I'm not watching the finals this year.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I can't think of a player that's redefined himself as much as Dirk has this year in the playoffs. He's just been incredible and I've gained a lot of respect for him.

Maybe it's just me and the fact that he's killed my Rockets for years, but Dirk has always been pretty close to what he is now offensively. He's just never had a great cast, more importantly some defense and size in the middle. Now that he does he doesn't have to do everything and you see the confidence he now has knowing the bigs can defend and rebound.
Mavs vs. Heat, Heat in 6
Originally posted by TX9R:
I can't think of a player that's redefined himself as much as Dirk has this year in the playoffs. He's just been incredible and I've gained a lot of respect for him.

Maybe it's just me and the fact that he's killed my Rockets for years, but Dirk has always been pretty close to what he is now offensively. He's just never had a great cast, more importantly some defense and size in the middle. Now that he does he doesn't have to do everything and you see the confidence he now has knowing the bigs can defend and rebound.

Yes and No.

He has been "pretty close to what he is now offensively" but he has really taken it up a notch to that elite level, that legendary status where years from now people will talk about his performance in the playoffs and how GREAT it was, and he's so f**king determined it is really impressive to see, not even celebrating the WCF title much, just WOW.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I'm officially the biggest Mavs fan now if they end up playing the Heat.

Eff the Heat!!!!
Go Heat. It will be a cold day in hell before I root for a team from Dallas.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:

Eff the Heat!!!!

No, but you're gonna still be a hater.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:

Eff the Heat!!!!

No, but you're gonna still be a hater.

although i was rooting for OKC.. i kinda want j-kidd to get a ring.. and then i saw marc cuban's speech .... i changed my mind

heat in 6 or 7
Share 49ersWebzone