There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Getting back on track.

From Bynum's exit interview:
"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

Not only is he a classless thug he is also an idiot. Won't happen again my ass. Beasley, JJ, who is next?

He got Gerald Wallace before both of them in '09.

And my what wusses we have become.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Getting back on track.

"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

Not only is he a classless thug he is also an idiot. Won't happen again my ass. Beasley, JJ, who is next?

Never forget the wussification of today?
Getting back on track.

LOL. Really? A 7 foot 280 pound guy completely decking an airborne defenseless 5 foot nothing guy with no attempt at the ball? Trying to hurt someone is pretty messed up man. He could have easily broke something on that fall. But yeah, what a bunch of wusses. Had JJ been close to Bynum's size or at least expecting a hit maybe it would have been different.
Getting back on track.

LOL. Really? A 7 foot 280 pound guy completely decking an airborne defenseless 5 foot nothing guy with no attempt at the ball? Trying to hurt someone is pretty messed up man. He could have easily broke something on that fall. But yeah, what a bunch of wusses. Had JJ been close to Bynum's size or at least expecting a hit maybe it would have been different.

Yep, for better or for worse, these types of hits are no longer a part of the culture of the sport. If this is hockey, no one's complaining.
this thread makes me sad. oh well i guess it had to come sooner or later
Getting back on track.

Yes, really. It wasn't THAT long ago that this happened all of the time and was part of the territory when you were 5 foot nothing and decided to come down the middle of the lane. It was a dirty play and he deserved to get kicked out, but good God are people overreacting to this.

It's the same weenie mentality that's led to QBs being practically untouchable in the NFL.
Getting back on track.

Yes, really. It wasn't THAT long ago that this happened all of the time and was part of the territory when you were 5 foot nothing and decided to come down the middle of the lane. It was a dirty play and he deserved to get kicked out, but good God are people overreacting to this.

It's the same weenie mentality that's led to QBs being practically untouchable in the NFL.
I'm gonna have to agree with Reign on this one. Regardless of how you want to look at it, Bynum tried to directly hit JJ with no attempt at the ball what so ever. That is uncalled for. It's as cheap as a late hit in the NFL (since it was compared). Totally unacceptable IMO and uncalled for.

Bynum knows that. He was likely frustrated facing elimination and people do stupid s**t when they're frustrated.
He apologized and he'll get fined and suspended, its time to move on. Also JJ the midget is fine nobody got hurt.

People need to stop making a big deal of it, this kind of stuff happens all the time in sports.
Originally posted by jrg:
I'm gonna have to agree with Reign on this one. Regardless of how you want to look at it, Bynum tried to directly hit JJ with no attempt at the ball what so ever. That is uncalled for. It's as cheap as a late hit in the NFL (since it was compared). Totally unacceptable IMO and uncalled for.

Bynum knows that. He was likely frustrated facing elimination and people do stupid s**t when they're frustrated.

I'm not saying it was acceptable or called for...I'm just saying that people are overreacting to it. A late hit in the NFL or an awkward glance at a QB might get you penalty and a fine, but people usually don't act like it's as big of a deal as this.

Like I said...it wasn't that long ago that this got you nothing more than a technical foul.

Originally posted by jrg:

I'm not saying it was acceptable or called for...I'm just saying that people are overreacting to it. A late hit in the NFL or an awkward glance at a QB might get you penalty and a fine, but people usually don't act like it's as big of a deal as this.

Like I said...it wasn't that long ago that this got you nothing more than a technical foul.

I haven't read as much into it to see how big of a deal is getting made...but I'd likely say the only reason it is...is because its the Lakers. The Lakers are like the Yankees, they're easy to dislike. If Zach Randolph makes this play on Nate Robinson people would notice and forget. Since it's the Lakers, it's talked about a lot more.

But I agree, the NBA rules (technicals mainly) have been pushed to a new extreme. Bynum's hit on JJ was very deserving of a T, but theres so much stuff being called technicals for now...even as small as a guy fist pumping after making a huge play.
Bynum suspended 5 games next season
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Sounds about right.
Getting back on track.

He was not going for the ball at all. And the player was defensless up in the air. There was no reason for it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Sounds about right.

I'd say 10. Somebody could get seriously hurt on that play.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com