LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Now THIS would be a true MMA VS Boxing even Fight; MARTINEZ VS N.DIAZ

• titan
  • Veteran
^True he is built for Jiu Jitsu! standing up for 12 Rds. will be hazardous for his health!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Boxing ftw
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
I like fights! It doesn't matter if it's Boxing,MMA,Cat Fight, or even Tickle fight with some hotties! It's just crazy how MMA and also boxing are losing a lot of good fighters due to age and are being replaced with mediocre fighter that they are trying to blow up! MMA use to have personalities,style and charisma that got you ready to throw down like Shamrock's,Gracie's,Tank,Hughes,Couture,Iceman,Ortiz,Vanderlei. Then they were phased out with some more Bad Ass fighters like BJ Penn, Rua's,Rampage, Griffin,St.Pierre,Silva, Machida. After those big names, I really don't see anymore good melting pot of fights! I know they try to blow up the Edgar vs Maynard for a PPV, that is sad! With that said I think Martinez and Diaz will be a good fight. From what I remember Diaz background was boxing?! I think it's going to come down to Gimmick's to start selling PPV.

Maybe you missed the last Edgar/Maynard fight ? It was f**king great.

And there is a lot of younger newer fighters coming up who will be the next wave of great fighters. Jose Aldo, Anthony Pettis, JDS, Velasquez, Bones Jones, Phil Davis, Ben Henderson, Dominic Cruz are all part of that next wave. All of those guys are under 30 and better than mediocre.

As far as the Diaz brothers go, yes they are immature ignorant little f**ks. They were flipping off fans at the weigh ins for GSP/Shields. Those are some of the reasons Dana has concerns about bringing Nick back to the UFC. They don't deal well with criticism and possess big heads. They are talented fighters but not elite. Shields and Melendez are actually the 2 best fighters out of the Scrap Pack.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I like fights! It doesn't matter if it's Boxing,MMA,Cat Fight, or even Tickle fight with some hotties! It's just crazy how MMA and also boxing are losing a lot of good fighters due to age and are being replaced with mediocre fighter that they are trying to blow up! MMA use to have personalities,style and charisma that got you ready to throw down like Shamrock's,Gracie's,Tank,Hughes,Couture,Iceman,Ortiz,Vanderlei. Then they were phased out with some more Bad Ass fighters like BJ Penn, Rua's,Rampage, Griffin,St.Pierre,Silva, Machida. After those big names, I really don't see anymore good melting pot of fights! I know they try to blow up the Edgar vs Maynard for a PPV, that is sad! With that said I think Martinez and Diaz will be a good fight. From what I remember Diaz background was boxing?! I think it's going to come down to Gimmick's to start selling PPV.

And there is a lot of younger newer fighters coming up who will be the next wave of great fighters. Jose Aldo, Anthony Pettis, JDS, Velasquez, Bones Jones, Phil Davis, Ben Henderson, Dominic Cruz are all part of that next wave. All of those guys are under 30 and better than mediocre.

As far as the Diaz brothers go, yes they are immature ignorant little f**ks. They were flipping off fans at the weigh ins for GSP/Shields. Those are some of the reasons Dana has concerns about bringing Nick back to the UFC. They don't deal well with criticism and possess big heads. They are talented fighters but not elite. Shields and Melendez are actually the 2 best fighters out of the Scrap Pack.

Absolutely. Too bad both fighters got injured
  • titan
  • Veteran

it just wasn't $60.00 exciting! All the MMA fighters all love each other and they are so nice! Thats why I like Diaz's! They are funny.

it just wasn't $60.00 exciting! All the MMA fighters all love each other and they are so nice! Thats why I like Diaz's! They are funny.

They all respect each other, but you don't need fake trash talking all the time just to make a fight interesting. The Diaz brothers are known for their immature, trash talking nature, but they do it to sell a fight. Nick Diaz usually shakes hands with his opponent after a fight. They like to sell themselves, and by selling themselves as bad guys, they bring in more rev.

The Aldo vs. Hominick was awesome, but it's not like they were loving each other. Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann is another example.
Manny scared. Come on man. Martinez is in a totally different weight class. Forget the fact that he can drain himself down to a certain weight, he is listed at 5'10" to 5'11". What is Manny (who is 5'6" at best) going to do. Jump to hit him.

Give your shake a head.

I guess is Williams had won Manny should have fought him as well? A guy at 6'1".
Diaz signs fight vs. Lacy
Originally posted by SF69ers:

They all respect each other, but you don't need fake trash talking all the time just to make a fight interesting. The Diaz brothers are known for their immature, trash talking nature, but they do it to sell a fight. Nick Diaz usually shakes hands with his opponent after a fight. They like to sell themselves, and by selling themselves as bad guys, they bring in more rev.

The Aldo vs. Hominick was awesome, but it's not like they were loving each other. Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann is another example.

Both he and his brother only shake hands with opponents after they win. Watch when they lose, classless as always.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Both he and his brother only shake hands with opponents after they win. Watch when they lose, classless as always.

LOL that's true. When they get whooped, they kinda just stay quiet though...with the occasional middle fingers.

I never understood the handshaking thing. Unless if you're Mosely and want to jerkoff Manny so he won't kill you every round.
If you're going in the mindset of knocking someone's block off, the last thing on your mind is to shake his hand every round.IMO it's a chess move. You're gonna mistake the kindness for weakness , then KHTFO.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

LOL that's true. When they get whooped, they kinda just stay quiet though...with the occasional middle fingers.

They do have that "i want to watch them to see what they do next" quality, and are both pretty talented. They just seem to be lacking in social graces
Although my buddy did meet Nate Diaz at some concert in Tahoe, said he was a surprisingly nice guy.

Lacy?

mm I hope Diaz beats him lol
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Lacy?

mm I hope Diaz beats him lol

I'm rooting for Diaz, but if Lacy touches him with those hooks, I see Diaz hitting the mat.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Pacman scared.

And are you serious TS, Nate Diaz is one of the best you've ever seen, Nate Diaz is overrated like a mutha. Dude almost got KO'd by Paul Daley who isn't even in the elite in MMA.

This on both parts!
Share 49ersWebzone