There are 301 users in the forums

Now THIS would be a true MMA VS Boxing even Fight; MARTINEZ VS N.DIAZ

Lou Dibella trying hard to get a Sergio Martinez vs Nick Diaz fight.

Even Pac and PBF are scared of Martinez.
DUde is the King of boxing right now.

Nick Diaz is one of the best MMA fighters I've ever seen.

If they get this done, .......ooooooohhhhhhh

bye bye Diaz!
How would it be MMA vs Boxing? Would Diaz get to fight with MMA rules, and Martinez only boxing?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
How would it be MMA vs Boxing? Would Diaz get to fight with MMA rules, and Martinez only boxing?

That's the thing that they'll talk about later.

Diaz can't fight in the UFC for whatever reason in his head or whatevs, so he's thinking about actually doing it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Pacman scared.

And are you serious TS, Nate Diaz is one of the best you've ever seen, Nate Diaz is overrated like a mutha. Dude almost got KO'd by Paul Daley who isn't even in the elite in MMA.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Pacman scared.

And are you serious TS, Nate Diaz is one of the best you've ever seen, Nate Diaz is overrated like a mutha. Dude almost got KO'd by Paul Daley who isn't even in the elite in MMA.

Would this be a boxing or MMA match?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

That's the thing that they'll talk about later.

Diaz can't fight in the UFC for whatever reason in his head or whatevs, so he's thinking about actually doing it.

I was being facetious; I have a hard time believing there's an Athletic Commission somewhere out there which would sanction such a fight. My point is, it wouldn't be a "true MMA vs Boxing fight" unless said rules were applied.
Nick would git deeeestroyed. Probably be a mirror image of pacman vs golden boy.

Pacman scared.

Almost doesn't count btw.

Nick is on a ...what....6 fight win streak?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Pacman scared.

Almost as in, the fight should've been stopped due to Diaz curling up in the fetal position. And in that 6 win fight streak who exactly has he beaten???

Diaz loss to KJ Noons and he isn't even no where near elite in the MMA world. Diaz is a b***h who hides in StrikeForce.

Pacman scared.

Almost as in, the fight should've been stopped due to Diaz curling up in the fetal position. And in that 6 win fight streak who exactly has he beaten???

Diaz loss to KJ Noons and he isn't even no where near elite in the MMA world. Diaz is a b***h who hides in StrikeForce.

I never understood calling a fighter a pus*y or scared. Anyways , I doubt this match happens, but Diaz is one to hold a grudge. Dana calls them too ghetto for the UFC,and I remember when Nate came onto the scene. He would always call out Dana for pretty much banning Nick for his actions and whatnot.Anyways, check this out;

Quote:
White went gaga when Diaz made his third consecutive title defense earlier this month at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley." Although he's repeatedly critiqued the champ's apparent unwillingness to "play the game" when it comes to interviews and public appearances, he's had nothing but praise for the fighter's skills.

My bad , heres the link

[ Edited by TonyStarks on May 10, 2011 at 23:11:45 ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Nick Diaz sucks balls. Put him up against gsp and he won't be able to do s**t. Put him against bj Penn at 170 still he won't do anything
  • titan
  • Veteran
I like fights! It doesn't matter if it's Boxing,MMA,Cat Fight, or even Tickle fight with some hotties! It's just crazy how MMA and also boxing are losing a lot of good fighters due to age and are being replaced with mediocre fighter that they are trying to blow up! MMA use to have personalities,style and charisma that got you ready to throw down like Shamrock's,Gracie's,Tank,Hughes,Couture,Iceman,Ortiz,Vanderlei. Then they were phased out with some more Bad Ass fighters like BJ Penn, Rua's,Rampage, Griffin,St.Pierre,Silva, Machida. After those big names, I really don't see anymore good melting pot of fights! I know they try to blow up the Edgar vs Maynard for a PPV, that is sad! With that said I think Martinez and Diaz will be a good fight. From what I remember Diaz background was boxing?! I think it's going to come down to Gimmick's to start selling PPV.
Not gonna happen. First off, Nick Diaz had already signed to fight Jeff Lacy some time this fall.

No way would they have Diaz step into the ring with Martinez. Diaz would get destroyed.

From what I've read, Diaz could still step out of the deal if Dana White somehow finds a loophole in the Showtime contract that Diaz is signed to and have a co-promotion fight between Diaz and GSP. Dana was recently interviewed after the GSP/Shields fight and has expressed a lot of interest in making the Diaz/GSP fight. Nick Diaz agreed as well in an interview with a Germany MMA blog.

Nick Diaz isn't happy in Strikeforce and doesn't see any real competition there. Plus, apparently his contract doesn't pay him as much as the UFC pays some of their top fighters.
Originally posted by titan:
I like fights! It doesn't matter if it's Boxing,MMA,Cat Fight, or even Tickle fight with some hotties! It's just crazy how MMA and also boxing are losing a lot of good fighters due to age and are being replaced with mediocre fighter that they are trying to blow up! MMA use to have personalities,style and charisma that got you ready to throw down like Shamrock's,Gracie's,Tank,Hughes,Couture,Iceman,Ortiz,Vanderlei. Then they were phased out with some more Bad Ass fighters like BJ Penn, Rua's,Rampage, Griffin,St.Pierre,Silva, Machida. After those big names, I really don't see anymore good melting pot of fights! I know they try to blow up the Edgar vs Maynard for a PPV, that is sad! With that said I think Martinez and Diaz will be a good fight. From what I remember Diaz background was boxing?! I think it's going to come down to Gimmick's to start selling PPV.

It's actually Gracie Jui Jitsu. He does box pretty well. It's one of those styles where he keeps pawing at you and mixes in a solid straight. However, I think it's a bad idea for him to fight even someone like Lacy. Diaz keeps his hands down A LOT. I can see him getting KO'd.
Share 49ersWebzone