There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Grew up in East Bay (Hayward) before moving to the Central Valley. I was an A's fan when I was little but I didnt really care about Baseball then. I was also a Bulls fan because of Jordan but when I moved that all changed. Around 2000-2001 I moved out of the bay area and I started to really follow sports. I then became an avid Kings fan and supported the Giants, I have no animosity towards the A's though.

My teams are the 49ers, Kings, Giants and Fresno State Bulldogs.

same here for me except i'm a lakers fan
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Grew up in East Bay (Hayward) before moving to the Central Valley. I was an A's fan when I was little but I didnt really care about Baseball then. I was also a Bulls fan because of Jordan but when I moved that all changed. Around 2000-2001 I moved out of the bay area and I started to really follow sports. I then became an avid Kings fan and supported the Giants, I have no animosity towards the A's though.

My teams are the 49ers, Kings, Giants and Fresno State Bulldogs.

same here for me except i'm a lakers fan

I'm a 49ers, and Spurs fan b/c my parents lived in central texas for a few years, I liked the Yankees as a kid, and still pull for them in the playoffs, but am a Giants fan also.
Niners/Giants

Raiders/A's

dont be mixing the two.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,391
I can't stand Raiders and A's - but I can understand Niner fans being A's fan.

Niner fans being A's fan is understandable. Some of the ppl I know were Raider and A's fan when growing up, but stopped being Raider fans when they moved to LA - and slowly over time became Niner fans while remaining A's fan.

What I don't understand is, Raider fans being Giants fan. That's just retarded.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
Originally posted by Niners99:
Niners/Giants

Raiders/A's

dont be mixing the two.

This



Totally messed up to mix the two.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,280
I respect the A's, I'm just not a fan.

I totally don't respect the Raiders though. The only thing I like about the raiders is their nice looking jerseys.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Niners/Giants

Raiders/A's

dont be mixing the two.

This



Totally messed up to mix the two.

unfortunately i have a friend whos guilty of this sin. Raiders/Giants. it makes no sense...for some reason the Sacramento area is more Raiders/Giants oriented than 49ers/A's. although theres 49er fans here too. its mainly just the A's that nobody cares about.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
mental retardation is not a crime
My teams are the Niners and Giants. Always have been.

But when it was A's vs. Yankees in the playoffs years back I pulled for Oakland. And when the Raiders were in the Super Bowl with the Bucs I wanted them to win too. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I know some A's fans that were bitter the Giants won the Series and I think that's just sad. They're a local sports team you shouldn't root against them harder than any other team in the league just cause you like the A's.
i go 49ers/Giants/Lakers/Stanford
I actually like the a's and the giants. And yes, I fully understand how f**ked up that is.
  • kw49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 121
I'm from Oakland. Grew up an A's/9er fan, always have been always will be. I think it's funny some of you don't approve.
Originally posted by kw49:
I'm from Oakland. Grew up an A's/9er fan, always have been always will be. I think it's funny some of you don't approve.

Join the club, brutha.

We're all 49er fans in the end. That's the most important thing.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I actually like the a's and the giants. And yes, I fully understand how f**ked up that is.

Nah dude, I do too. Its not that f**ked up. They are completely independent of each other for 90% of the year so what difference does it make if you root for both?

If it ever came to a head to head competition or an A's loss helping the Giants (as with a WC situation) I would root against the A's. But otherwise, whats the difference?

I would say the same for the Raiders, but I really can't stand them and their fan base. Their whole image disgusts me.
Originally posted by crzy:
I respect the A's, I'm just not a fan.

I totally don't respect the Raiders though. The only thing I like about the raiders is their nice looking jerseys.

This, I really don't mind the A's and actually like to watch them

but the raiders just piss me off.