There are 163 users in the forums

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
the niner vs raider beef is only understood by bay area peeps.

outside bay area.... its not a rivalry

Can someone explain to those like me that live outside bay area what the beef is? In Hawaii, all they televised in the 70's and 80's were the Niners, Raiders, Dodgers, Braves (TBS) and Lakers. Most football fans in their 30's and 40's are Niner fans. There are small pockets of Steelers, Cowboys, Raider fans, and of course bandwagon Seattle fans.

49ers may be the only NFL team in the bay area, Raiders file move to LV
[ Edited by Hawaii49er on Jan 19, 2017 at 9:54 AM ]
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Can someone explain to those like me that live outside bay area what the beef is? In Hawaii, all they televised in the 70's and 80's were the Niners, Raiders, Dodgers, Braves (TBS) and Lakers. Most football fans in their 30's and 40's are Niner fans. There are small pockets of Steelers, Cowboys, Raider fans, and of course bandwagon Seattle fans.

49ers may be the only NFL team in the bay area, Raiders file move to LV
Raiders fans reaaaalllllly hate the 9ers. More than any other team. Since they've been back to Oakland, they haven't been good long enough to get a real rivalry going. So imagine your hate of the Cowboys, Packers, and Seahawks all being bottled into one team that doesn't really hate you back. That's how I view the raiders. I call it Jan Brady syndrome. There's also some gang drama, but I won't get into that.

Raiders/Giants is the weirdest combo IMO. I've only met one person like that. Tons of A's/9ers fans. A lot of east bay raider fans were pissed the raiders moved to LA and just became 9er fans.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
the niner vs raider beef is only understood by bay area peeps.

outside bay area.... its not a rivalry
same with other cities, why would we care about other city sport beefs

KAWBOI PINOYS!!!

🏆

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 22, 2017 at 5:46 AM ]
I have been living in the east bay since 2010 and my neighbor is a Raiders/Giants fan. Brings out his Raider flag during football season and his Giants flag during baseball season. Also I have a coworker who is both Raiders/Giants fan and also from the east bay. I myself stay true to SF teams.
I know a couple of people who like the raiders and giants and only one person who like the as and 49ers.
Share 49erswebzone