LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 260 users in the forums

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

I'm a 49ers/ A's fan too
[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Apr 10, 2011 at 8:16 AM ]
I have a bunch of buddies that are raider /Giants fans.

I make fun of them all of the time, calling them undercover A's fans.

They get pist when I do that lol
Old thread but was web browsing and saw it. Gotta ask:
What if you like the 49'ers and the Raiders?

Love the Bay Area, been to San Fran a few times, lived in the North Bay for a while before moving back to Nyc....
Was always an Ny Giants/Knicks fan but I really like the Warriors/9'ers/Raiders in The Bay. Hard not to like the Raiders right now if you like The Bay.
// //
[ Edited by LeoNy36 on Nov 30, 2016 at 12:30 AM ]
Originally posted by LeoNy36:
Old thread but was web browsing and saw it. Gotta ask:
What if you like the 49'ers and the Raiders?

Love the Bay Area, been to San Fran a few times, lived in the North Bay for a while before moving back to Nyc....
Was always an Ny Giants/Knicks fan but I really like the Warriors/9'ers/Raiders in The Bay. Hard not to like the Raiders right now if you like The Bay.
// //

thats just called being a bandwagon fan.
yeah more common than you think.. I know a few cats that are 49ers/a's fans or raiders/giants

the ones that bother me are the ones that follow both the a's and giants.. pretty rare but I can think of someone off the top of my head.. he's actually a hardcore a's fan but he still reps the giants on occasion

lakers/warriors fans are annoying too
[ Edited by bayarealuv on Dec 1, 2016 at 12:09 PM ]
I see it all the time in Sac. Lots of Giants/Raiders fans. Some A's/49ers.

But its weird, and I dont approve.
Originally posted by Niners99:

why? what is the big deal?

i grew up and live in socal for half my life, my uncle was a big Lakers fan, i became a Lakers fan that way. my best friend growing up pretty much introduced me to baseball and their family were big Angels fans, so i started following them as well. don't see why I would have to be a Dodgers fan because I was a Lakers fan.
Grew up in San Jose from 1979-1989. I'm a 49ers / A's fan.

It's not my fault the Raiders were in LA when I was growing up. Niners were winning and were the only NFL team in town. So, Niners fan.

I didn't follow baseball growing up. My 3-years-older brother - who couldn't give a lick for sports for the last 20 years - for some reason followed the Giants in 1989 (probably because of our grandmother being a big Giants fan). When they both made the World Series I got so annoyed with him saying the Giants would win that I bet him $5 that the A's would beat them. So, A's fan.
I know Giants fans who are Cowboys fans so there is that.
East Bay born & raised, but even before the Raiders left I was a Niners fan...my uncle tried to make me a Raiders fan but it didn't take. 1970s East Bay wasn't easiest place for a kid to be a 49ers fan, most kids were Raiders (or Cowboys or Steelers) fans...more than a couple playground fights.

My baseball fandom is admittedly screwball...A's and Reds (long story)...used to hate the Giants but still grew up knowing all the players, listening to Hank Greenwald & Lon Simmons, then warmed up to them in 87 playoffs because I liked Clark & Hack Man and hated the Cards. My wife & kids are all huge Giants fans, even though I'll root for Giants they still love to give me s**t when A's and/or Reds suck which most years is both.

Basketball it's always been the Warriors.

College football I don't really care, I like both Cal and Stanford.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 1, 2016 at 3:55 PM ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
No.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:

why? what is the big deal?

i grew up and live in socal for half my life, my uncle was a big Lakers fan, i became a Lakers fan that way. my best friend growing up pretty much introduced me to baseball and their family were big Angels fans, so i started following them as well. don't see why I would have to be a Dodgers fan because I was a Lakers fan.

Its not, it just feels weird to be a fan of the 49ers, but not the Giants, and vice versa. They go together.
Well people are bisexual so why not!
I know it sounds strange but i think back in the day the 49ers cheese and wine fans were a similiar type to the laid back A's fan base and the giants fans were a little more rowdy like the black s**thole
the niner vs raider beef is only understood by bay area peeps.

outside bay area.... its not a rivalry
Share 49ersWebzone