LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

Is it okay to be a fan of 2 teams from different sides of the Bay?

I met this guy last week and he was all decked out in Giants gear. He was talking about how he always wears his Giants sweatshirt, and after I while I brought up the 9ers. He said he isn't a Niner fan. Then I asked if he liked the Raiders and he said no (with a huge smile), and later he said "you guys" referring to the Niners. So I'm 99% sure he is a Raiders fan (he's from East Palo Alto), I don't know why he wasn't honest with me.

Is that common though. Can there be Raiders/Giants Fans. 49ers/A's Fans?????

I thought that was pretty uncommon, because usually people rep whatever side of the bay they are from, and teams have different advertising rights in different parts of the 7 Bay Area counties.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I've got a co-worker that is a Raider fan and runs his mouth like a retard all day. But he's a Giants fan and hates the A's. I don't get it.
I am surprised how many times I run into this. Usually we are all 9er, Giant and CAL (Fresno) fans. You think they would like the run of teams.

I don't see how people cross because the attitude of the fan bases are different.

I experienced a lot of it as a kid because my dad had giants, A's, 9ers, raiders (before being traitors and leaving for LA), Kings and warriors season tickets for work. He passed them out to clients and kept the giants, kings, and 9er tickets for us.

But if he wouldn't admit he likes the raiders....TOOL!
Originally posted by Muggins879:
I've got a co-worker that is a Raider fan and runs his mouth like a retard all day. But he's a Giants fan and hates the A's. I don't get it.

Thanks, mugs I'm glad I'm not the only one that was confused about it.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Thanks, mugs I'm glad I'm not the only one that was confused about it.

Oh also his younger Brother works there too. He's a 49ers/Giants fan though.
i don't see anything wrong with it, but it is kind of strange.
I know a bunch of 49ers/A's fans so it's not uncommon. Personally, I can't do it though. SF and Oakland fanbases have too much of a different attitude IMO.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Oh you know what.. I have ANOTHER co-worker that is a 49ers/A's/Lakers fan. He explained it to me one day and it made sense the way he explained it at the time.

He's originally from Oakland. (We're in Sac btw) He moved to Sacramento before the Kings were here. Liked Magic Johnson and became Lakers fan. Hates Al Davis since he moved the team to LA so he became a 49ers fan. Likes the A's because it's his home town.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I know a bunch of 49ers/A's fans so it's not uncommon. Personally, I can't do it though. SF and Oakland fanbases have too much of a different attitude IMO.

Agreed. I'm a SF/SF guy, but I think SF/OAK fans are more common than one would think.
We have some niners / a's fans on this forum

mental retardation is not a crime
Originally posted by teeohh:
We have some niners / a's fans on this forum

they have spineabifida
The Warriors fans probably don't count since there's only 1 NBA team in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
The Warriors fans probably don't count since there's only 1 NBA team in the Bay Area.

rumor has it the Hornets may move to San Jose.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Grew up in East Bay (Hayward) before moving to the Central Valley. I was an A's fan when I was little but I didnt really care about Baseball then. I was also a Bulls fan because of Jordan but when I moved that all changed. Around 2000-2001 I moved out of the bay area and I started to really follow sports. I then became an avid Kings fan and supported the Giants, I have no animosity towards the A's though.

My teams are the 49ers, Kings, Giants and Fresno State Bulldogs.
Share 49ersWebzone