49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 407 users in the forums

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Chris Singleton when asked what he's going to do to celebrate: "Celebrate? I'm just going to mark off the teams that passed me up."
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Toronto Trailblazers otc
"mortreport: Knicks will regret not taking Marshon Brooks instead of Shumpert. Brooks has star potential! Shumpert solid combo but lacks Brooks upside."
--http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/84069030171918336
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can understand jimrat's reservations about Chris Singleton's offense. He's not really a great offensive player, but he's better than jimrat gives him credit for.

But he's widely considered the best perimeter defender in this draft.

Well ya, no one's said that he's gonna be a great player here, aside from him trying to exaggerate what others are saying.

He should have a nice, long career as a quality role player.

There you have it, I'm greedy, I want Studs not role players, I thought we made this mistake when we picked Udoh.

Dude, you guys were picking 11th. What "stud" were you expecting to get?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Chris Singleton when asked what he's going to do to celebrate: "Celebrate? I'm just going to mark off the teams that passed me up."

dammmmn
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
SpearsNBAYahoo
Minny trades 23 to CHI for 28, 43 and cash.

what the fcuk? who did minny take at 28

Not there yet. We r on 23 which is your pick now
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 40,285
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can understand jimrat's reservations about Chris Singleton's offense. He's not really a great offensive player, but he's better than jimrat gives him credit for.

But he's widely considered the best perimeter defender in this draft.

Well ya, no one's said that he's gonna be a great player here, aside from him trying to exaggerate what others are saying.

He should have a nice, long career as a quality role player.

There you have it, I'm greedy, I want Studs not role players, I thought we made this mistake when we picked Udoh.

Yeah we all want Dwight Howard and Lebron James, but you can only pick the players that are available.
Nikola Mirotic is a great long term pick.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
SpearsNBAYahoo
Minny trades 23 to CHI for 28, 43 and cash.

what the fcuk? who did minny take at 28

Not there yet. We r on 23 which is your pick now

now i'm fcuking more confused. minny's trading #23 to houston. am i having a glitch in my matrix?
IMO, we're past the point of the draft where you care about need AT ALL. Gotta take BPA from here on out.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,995
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can understand jimrat's reservations about Chris Singleton's offense. He's not really a great offensive player, but he's better than jimrat gives him credit for.

But he's widely considered the best perimeter defender in this draft.

Well ya, no one's said that he's gonna be a great player here, aside from him trying to exaggerate what others are saying.

He should have a nice, long career as a quality role player.

There you have it, I'm greedy, I want Studs not role players, I thought we made this mistake when we picked Udoh.

Dude, you guys were picking 11th. What "stud" were you expecting to get?

Biyombo for one and was hoping for a trade, Biyombo's got his strengths and weakness but with room to grow with his physical tools. sorry man didn't mean to give you crap..............but the Warriors just kill me man!
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
SpearsNBAYahoo
Minny trades 23 to CHI for 28, 43 and cash.

what the fcuk? who did minny take at 28

Not there yet. We r on 23 which is your pick now

now i'm fcuking more confused. minny's trading #23 to houston. am i having a glitch in my matrix?

#23 went to your Bulls, and you picked Nikola Mirotic. Won't be in the NBA for a few years though, but a very good pick, IMO.
lol I just got in to watch the draft, and I was gonna say that Chris Singleton was gonna be the steal of the draft. I guess all you guys here know about him, since that is all that you guys have been talking about...Washington got a steal here.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can understand jimrat's reservations about Chris Singleton's offense. He's not really a great offensive player, but he's better than jimrat gives him credit for.

But he's widely considered the best perimeter defender in this draft.

Well ya, no one's said that he's gonna be a great player here, aside from him trying to exaggerate what others are saying.

He should have a nice, long career as a quality role player.

There you have it, I'm greedy, I want Studs not role players, I thought we made this mistake when we picked Udoh.

Yeah we all want Dwight Howard and Lebron James, but you can only pick the players that are available.

There wasnt a guy left at #11 that was a stud. I'm not sure there was a stud past #2 in this draft. Singleton is a premier defender and not much more. That has value however.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I can understand jimrat's reservations about Chris Singleton's offense. He's not really a great offensive player, but he's better than jimrat gives him credit for.

But he's widely considered the best perimeter defender in this draft.

Well ya, no one's said that he's gonna be a great player here, aside from him trying to exaggerate what others are saying.

He should have a nice, long career as a quality role player.

There you have it, I'm greedy, I want Studs not role players, I thought we made this mistake when we picked Udoh.

Dude, you guys were picking 11th. What "stud" were you expecting to get?

Biyombo for one and was hoping for a trade, Biyombo's got his strengths and weakness but with room to grow with his physical tools. sorry man didn't mean to give you crap..............but the Warriors just kill me man!

Fair enough, dude.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone