LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Originally posted by SF69ers:
to those Drummond videos. What a complete mismatch for the rest of those high school players. The guy is gonna be a star for sure. And you're absolutely right about the talent for the next two drafts. It's going to be exciting.

Scary part is, a pretty good chunk of those videos are at all-star camps against the best HS players in the country. 6'11", 250lbs, incredibly fluid, and only 17 years old. According to DraftExpress, he's also a great passer, but can fall in love with playing on the perimeter instead of using his size to destroy people.

But guys his size with that level of athleticism and coordination don't come around very often.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
to those Drummond videos. What a complete mismatch for the rest of those high school players. The guy is gonna be a star for sure. And you're absolutely right about the talent for the next two drafts. It's going to be exciting.

Scary part is, a pretty good chunk of those videos are at all-star camps against the best HS players in the country. 6'11", 250lbs, incredibly fluid, and only 17 years old. According to DraftExpress, he's also a great passer, but can fall in love with playing on the perimeter instead of using his size to destroy people.

But guys his size with that level of athleticism and coordination don't come around very often.

For someone that big to have decent handles and a nice looking mid range is hard to come by. This guy is going #1 at some point.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Good year to tank if there is a season.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Don't matter. The lottery is fixed every year.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Don't matter. The lottery is fixed every year.

Since 1985
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame

Holy moly, that guy is sick and is only going to get better. Good find Pete.
Meet Andre Drummond, the next great NBA big man. He'll be the #1 pick in the 2013 draft, or #1 next year if the new CBA allows it.

And for good measure, you have another top notch big coming along at the same time.

The next two drafts are gonna be a tremendous talent infusion for the NBA. Check out Shabazz Muhammad as well.

Isiah Austin plays right down the street from where I live in TX. I'm going to have to go catch a few of his games. I've heard the kids legit. I'm going to have to go see it for my own 2 eyes.

Edit: Was reading about Austin on espn:
Quote:
Bottom Line:
Isaiah is without a doubt one of the most unique players in this class. The ultra talented big man is not only teasing with his talent but now inpacts the game in longer spurts. He is one of the country's best shotblockers, can run the floor like a deer, handles the ball exceptionally well and makes 3's. He is the most talented player in the 2012 class.
High praise considering espn says Drummond has a chance to be a No.1 pick of any draft he's in.

Austin also has a teammate, Je'lon Hornbeak, who's a 6'4 SG. He's rated a 91 on espn.com and he's considering Texas A&M Aggies, Texas Longhorns, Virginia Cavaliers, Marquette Golden Eagles, Texas Tech Red Raiders.
And another teammate, Emmanuel Mudiay, the #1 PG for the 2014 class and rated a 97 on espn. I'm going to have to definitely check out a Grace Prep game.

Head coach of Grace Prep is Justin Forsett of the Seahawk's brother, Ray Forsett.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Jul 14, 2011 at 12:59 AM ]
Andre Drummond's going to UConn to join forces with Jeremy Lamb. I'm adopting North Carolina as my college team this year though because of my mancrush on Harrison Barnes.
Bump. What happens now with this?!
All the players go to the spurs

Share 49ersWebzone