There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

dunk contest and other festivities

I still think Serge from the FT line was the best dunk of the night. Followed closely by McGee from behind the backboard.

But Griffin won because without the excitement generated by his hops nobody would have wanted to watch those 2 7 footers dunk.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
DeRozan wants Dunk Contest, not Prop Contest

LOL. Can't say I blame him. Both of his dunks were filthy, especially the second one.

But at the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. This is the most people have talked about the dunk contest in a long time.

He's got a point.

He didn't try and do anything ridiculous with toys etc, he just flat out exploded at the rim. I think I enjoyed his dunks the most out of the entire contest.

Oh, I totally see where he's coming from. And I loved his dunks too. But it ain't gonna change.

I agree that the props and all that were a bit annoying, but I appreciate the fact that every contestant obviously put a lot of thought into their dunks, which hasn't been the case over the last few years, with a couple of exceptions.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
DeRozan wants Dunk Contest, not Prop Contest

LOL. Can't say I blame him. Both of his dunks were filthy, especially the second one.

But at the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. This is the most people have talked about the dunk contest in a long time.

He's got a point.

He didn't try and do anything ridiculous with toys etc, he just flat out exploded at the rim. I think I enjoyed his dunks the most out of the entire contest.

Oh, I totally see where he's coming from. And I loved his dunks too. But it ain't gonna change.

I agree that the props and all that were a bit annoying, but I appreciate the fact that every contestant obviously put a lot of thought into their dunks, which hasn't been the case over the last few years, with a couple of exceptions.

Ya the dunks were pretty creative, even the ones without the props.

Overall I think I enjoyed the car dunk the least. It was just over the top for a dunk that was all that special. Charles said it right after he did it: He left from the bottom of the circle and just lifted his legs up over the car, a lot of people could have done that.

Overall I think I enjoyed the car dunk the least. It was just over the top for a dunk that was all that special. Charles said it right after he did it: He left from the bottom of the circle and just lifted his legs up over the car, a lot of people could have done that.

Ya. I thought they were gonna do some crazy s**t when they brought the car out, but it was all hype and no substance. That was my least favorite dunk of the night too.

FWIW, I liked McGee's Two Hoops and Three Ball Dunks (which is coincidentally a film starring Corey's mom). He used props, but at least they were all related to basketball. Dunking 3 balls or on two different hoops is crazy.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I still think Serge from the FT line was the best dunk of the night. Followed closely by McGee from behind the backboard.

But Griffin won because without the excitement generated by his hops nobody would have wanted to watch those 2 7 footers dunk.

I thought so too

Am I the only one that thought Griffin's were overated? Besides Vince Carter's crab dunk I didnt think the other ones were that great
Originally posted by valrod33:

I can dunk over a Miata.

Ya. I thought they were gonna do some crazy s**t when they brought the car out, but it was all hype and no substance. That was my least favorite dunk of the night too.

FWIW, I liked McGee's Two Hoops and Three Ball Dunks (which is coincidentally a film starring Corey's mom). He used props, but at least they were all related to basketball. Dunking 3 balls or on two different hoops is crazy.

you f**king kill me pete

from the article dude posted

"There's no telling what might happen next year," DeRozan said. "Somebody might use a trampoline."

i liked his dunks, he should have advanced
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I wish there was a slow-mo of this.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I wish there was a slow-mo of this.

lol
still one of my favorites..

and another one..

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

I thought so too

Am I the only one that thought Griffin's were overated? Besides Vince Carter's crab dunk I didnt think the other ones were that great

I was disappointed in the car dunk as soon as they backed it up so that he only needed to jump over the hood. They should have turned the car so he had to jump the entire length from hood to tail.