LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 207 users in the forums

dunk contest and other festivities

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
This was one of the better All-Star games in recent memory. Lebron, Kobe, and Durant are the top 3 players in the NBA imho and they came to play today. Pretty damn good game.

Yeah it's always good for the league when the players everyone wants to see show why everyone wants to see them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
D-Wade on Kobe: "Kobe was going for MVP tonight. It was that obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

More Wade on Kobe: "It was like he was playing with the L.A. Lakers tonight. And he got whistles like he was playing for the L.A. Lakers."

Amare on Kobe's fast start: "You can tell he wanted to get the MVP. He wasn't passing the ball at all. That's Kobe."

Maybe they should have played better defense on him then.

Though, I personally feel they should have given a joint award to Kobe/Durant or Kobe/James.
D-Wade on Kobe: "Kobe was going for MVP tonight. It was that obvious. I think my three-year-old son knew it."

More Wade on Kobe: "It was like he was playing with the L.A. Lakers tonight. And he got whistles like he was playing for the L.A. Lakers."

Amare on Kobe's fast start: "You can tell he wanted to get the MVP. He wasn't passing the ball at all. That's Kobe."

come on man, this animosity/rivalry is good for the game dude. I'm sick of all this PC bulls**t and guys complimenting eachother. I want to see some intensity here and guys step up and challenge eachother. Could make a the playoffs quite a bit more interesting. Well mainly the finals if it's Heat/LA. Or if NY gets Melo and makes it but I highly doubt that happens this year.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

come on man, this animosity/rivalry is good for the game dude. I'm sick of all this PC bulls**t and guys complimenting eachother. I want to see some intensity here and guys step up and challenge eachother. Could make a the playoffs quite a bit more interesting. Well mainly the finals if it's Heat/LA. Or if NY gets Melo and makes it but I highly doubt that happens this year.

As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by dobo:
Vince Carter killed the dunk competition, IMO.

That is really going out on a limb there

Expectations killed the dunk contest. Go back and watch the old dunk contests...they sucked.

I was being sarcastic. Vince Carter's performance probably will never be matched by an NBA player ever.

I really think they should allow 1-2 non NBA players into the dunk contest who specialize just in street dunking ability. Just to push the envelope a lil bit

I know you were being sarcastic. But what did VC do that was so different than what the dudes yesterday did?

VC's performance is considered better because it happened 11 years ago. That's the only difference. Things were always better "back then".

I agree that Blake could do any dunk plus maybe even a little more considering he is much taller than Vince and more athletic.

But Vince did it with power AND style. Blake has the power but no where near the style points Vince had.
Vince Carter is the best dunker of all time
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Feb 21, 2011 at 8:05 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

This.
Sorry, but after watching that dude dunk himself, the dunk contest just doesn't do it for me anymore

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Sorry, but after watching that dude dunk himself, the dunk contest just doesn't do it for me anymore

HOLY s**t!

J-Rich's performances at the Dunk Contest are right up there with Vince's IMO, nobody ever gives the guy any love, he was SICK

Maybe next time.
Watching ESPN and when they were handing Kobe his MVP trophy, i noticed my boy Chris standing behind Kobe.. lucky ass motherf**ker lol.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Vince Carter did not take 55 tries to make a dunk and dude didnt need to roll out Kia's and The Far East Movements midget member to impress.He just did it with ease like the old school dunkers used to do.there is too much theatrics now.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Vince Carter did not take 55 tries to make a dunk and dude didnt need to roll out Kia's and The Far East Movements midget member to impress.He just did it with ease like the old school dunkers used to do.there is too much theatrics now.

The old school dunkers didn't do nearly what Carter did.
Share 49ersWebzone