There are 277 users in the forums

The Official BCS National Championship Game: #2 Oregon vs #1 Auburn

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i wanna see the team that ends the sec 5 yrs of champions streak

Too bad they think they are too good to play the Moutain West Conference or Boise State.

lol, those titans of college football

TCU could hang with anyone this season. They are just as good as Oregon and Auburn. Luckily we didn't get an excuse game of TCU vs. Boise State again. Both of those teams would have stomped Cincinnati and gave Florida a good game last year.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Ron Rivera to be named the next coach of the Carolina Panthers. with the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL the Carolina Panthers select....Nick Farely, D-Lineman, Auburn

Not so fast. Let's wait and see how he does in interviews and combine/pro-day workouts. There are 2-3 players deserving of no.1 pick right now.

not after tonight. whom are you referring to.
Ron Rivera to be named the next coach of the Carolina Panthers. with the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL the Carolina Panthers select....Nick Farely, D-Lineman, Auburn

Not so fast. Let's wait and see how he does in interviews and combine/pro-day workouts. There are 2-3 players deserving of no.1 pick right now.

I agree with Fairley. However, AJ Green, Dareus and Bowers could get consideration as well.

So would Rivera really draft Fairley in a 3-4 D? I believe that's what he runs right? I feel like Fairley's skillset would be wasted tying up blockers. My guess is they go with a WR like Green for Clausen.
Farely beat us tonight, not Cam Newton.

He was in EVERY single play making TFL on LaMike, Darron and Barner. Not only did he make the tackle but he would blow up space in the backfield and ruin the play.

Stopped our runs 2/4 times on the goal line in one stand.

He just earned a top 3 pick in the draft for sure, if not 1st over all.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Yeah all you stanford fans keep talking s**t, I would have loved to see you try and stop Nick Farley.

We contained the best player in college football far better than any other team (INCLUDING THE SEC) to his worst game this year.

They decided to take away our run game so Thomas stepped up and threw for 350.

Oregon killed you guys so that is why we were in this game.

Bitter fan is bitter.

He's right though. Stanford wouldn't have done any better and didn't deserve a shot anyway.

More bitterness being bitter.

He was in EVERY single play making TFL on LaMike, Darron and Barner. Not only did he make the tackle but he would blow up space in the backfield and ruin the play.

Auburn, the team, beat you guys. Not one guy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I agree, Cam Newton almost damn near costed Auburn the game.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I agree with Fairley. However, AJ Green, Dareus and Bowers could get consideration as well.

Yea, those will be the other players...! Fairley might be best player, but may not fit their D, and also - interviews and other things really matter. So, I don't think anything is set in stone as far as the no.1 pick is considered.

You calling all of the Oregon fans (or people who dont agree with this "stanford matches up better" bulls**t) bitter but you sound like a bitter stanford fan (or whatever you are) yourself.

And yeah i get that the entire team beat us, i'm just trying to make a point of who was the most impactful player and how Newton doesn't deserve much credit for the win
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Jan 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM ]

You calling all of the Oregon fans (or people who dont agree with this "stanford matches up better" bulls**t) bitter but you sound like a bitter stanford fan (or whatever you are) yourself.

And yeah i get that the entire team beat us, i'm just trying to make a point of who was the most impactful player and how Newton doesn't deserve much credit for the win

I have no rooting interest in college football. I support the Bay Area teams, but they are far from my teams. Your post that I called you bitter was you being just that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Actually that big true frosh RB beat you guys. Big powerful back couldn't be stopped by the Oregon midgets. And the midget Oregon back coildntrun against the big dline.

Why is Oregon so damn small?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Actually that big true frosh RB beat you guys. Big powerful back couldn't be stopped by the Oregon midgets. And the midget Oregon back coildntrun against the big dline.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

No not really, he had a really good game against us but a lot of his yards came on that ridiculous run on the last drive. He had no huge runs besides that. We usually shut down the run but Dyer is actually a really really good back and would get WAY more credit if he had any other guy handing the ball to him. He was one of the top 5 recruits playing on a beast of an O-Line and had our entire defense not really worrying about him too much because of #2 on Auburn.

And were small and undersized because that is the identity of our team, we'll out run you and gang tackle you and force lots of turn overs, but big bruisers and physical runners will beat us.

Today was an exception though since we stopped Cam Newton, today was honestly the best i've seen our defense at in 2 years (how long ive been a duck fan)

It was a great game and its a shame it had to come down to a run that looked like it shouldn't have happened.
Share 49ersWebzone