There are 180 users in the forums

The Official BCS National Championship Game: #2 Oregon vs #1 Auburn

VS

Predictions anyone?
F Auburn, and f Scam Newton.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Hoping Oregon wins and Cam Newton has a monstrous game so he can go in the top 6 so I don't have to spend 15 minutes repeating "Don't pick Cam Newton" on draft day.
predictions and score fellas?

Oregon 38 - Auburn 49

I need to win this with a total of 79 and AU winning to win my $250 pool
GO PAC 12
Oregon 31
Auburn 28
Oregon 17 Auburn 20
cam burgler
If this game doesn't total over 100 points scored, I'll be disappointed.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'll be at the game. Got free tickets! Debating selling them at the door.

I was at the pep rallies last night in Scottsdale. I don't really have a college team so I let the pep rallies determine who I was going to cheer for.

Here is the breakdown:

Auburn pep rally:
- 60 min long
- Had their mascot and some homeless guy (who I guess is a big deal in Auburn, though the Auburn fans I was around seemed over it) do push ups.
- Had some old dude that played on the '72 team MC the event and just sound old.
- The band played a bunch of stuff.
- Cheerleaders led the crowd in about a dozen cheers -- which to me sounded suspiciously like elementary school songs that have been dubbed over.
- No famous athletes or alum -- even though Bo Jackson, Barkley, Takeo Spikes and a few others are in town. (they even mentioned them on stage, hmm)
- Fans greet each other with "War Eagle!"

Oregon pep rally:
- 60 min long
- Led by two alum -- an ex-PGA dude and an anchor from sportscenter
- Opened with a surprise couple of songs from Sebastian Bach (ex-Skid Row)
- Had two of their YouTube sensations perform on stage "I Love My Ducks" and the frat guys that did the Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" video
- Had Ahmad Rashad say some words
- Had Joey Harrington say some words
- Had Chip Kelly say some words
- Played an amazing 4 min highlight video of the season (even gave me goosebumps and I'm a SunDevil)
- Had the band that sings "Shout" from Animal House perform.
- The oregon duck was crowd surfing
- Ended in fireworks

So, after all of that, obviously I'm rooting for Oregon tonight (gotta have a team, makes it more fun).

A couple other notes:
- The Oregon girls were WAY hotter. I was surprised. I thought the south would bring it. But they only brought their fat chicks.

- There couldn't be a bigger difference in the appearance of the two fan-bases. Oregon was a little younger, more vocal, crunchy (backpacks, bandannas, laid back, etc.). Auburn seemed to be more set in their ways but SUPER friendly. Auburn fans were a little more out of shape and conservatively dressed. More families. I thought it was a cool dichotomy.

- I don't think there could be two more friendly fan bases. Everybody got along, no fights, no drama. Just playful ribbing.

- Police said there were about 15,000 Auburn fans at their pep rally and approx 22,000 Oregon fans at theirs.

- WTF is up with Auburn fans and their "War Eagle". They already have a mascot. I thought they were the tigers. War Eagle?! They literally could have come up with any other adjective-noun combo. Why not "Golden Panda", or "Combat Koala"? Seemed pretty forced. I thought it was kinda gay. I dunno...

Just my observations. Hope it helps give some perspective of what is going on in Glendale tonight as you watch.

LETS GO DUCKS!!!! Today is going to be crazy, all 3 of my classes got canceled

Originally posted by okdkid:
I'll be at the game. Got free tickets! Debating selling them at the door.

I was at the pep rallies last night in Scottsdale. I don't really have a college team so I let the pep rallies determine who I was going to cheer for.

Here is the breakdown:

Auburn pep rally:
- 60 min long
- Had their mascot and some homeless guy (who I guess is a big deal in Auburn, though the Auburn fans I was around seemed over it) do push ups.
- Had some old dude that played on the '72 team MC the event and just sound old.
- The band played a bunch of stuff.
- Cheerleaders led the crowd in about a dozen cheers -- which to me sounded suspiciously like elementary school songs that have been dubbed over.
- No famous athletes or alum -- even though Bo Jackson, Barkley, Takeo Spikes and a few others are in town. (they even mentioned them on stage, hmm)
- Fans greet each other with "War Eagle!"

Oregon pep rally:
- 60 min long
- Led by two alum -- an ex-PGA dude and an anchor from sportscenter
- Opened with a surprise couple of songs from Sebastian Bach (ex-Skid Row)
- Had two of their YouTube sensations perform on stage "I Love My Ducks" and the frat guys that did the Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" video
- Had Ahmad Rashad say some words
- Had Joey Harrington say some words
- Had Chip Kelly say some words
- Played an amazing 4 min highlight video of the season (even gave me goosebumps and I'm a SunDevil)
- Had the band that sings "Shout" from Animal House perform.
- The oregon duck was crowd surfing
- Ended in fireworks

So, after all of that, obviously I'm rooting for Oregon tonight (gotta have a team, makes it more fun).

A couple other notes:
- The Oregon girls were WAY hotter. I was surprised. I thought the south would bring it. But they only brought their fat chicks.

- There couldn't be a bigger difference in the appearance of the two fan-bases. Oregon was a little younger, more vocal, crunchy (backpacks, bandannas, laid back, etc.). Auburn seemed to be more set in their ways but SUPER friendly. Auburn fans were a little more out of shape and conservatively dressed. More families. I thought it was a cool dichotomy.

- I don't think there could be two more friendly fan bases. Everybody got along, no fights, no drama. Just playful ribbing.

- Police said there were about 15,000 Auburn fans at their pep rally and approx 22,000 Oregon fans at theirs.

- WTF is up with Auburn fans and their "War Eagle". They already have a mascot. I thought they were the tigers. War Eagle?! They literally could have come up with any other adjective-noun combo. Why not "Golden Panda", or "Combat Koala"? Seemed pretty forced. I thought it was kinda gay. I dunno...

Just my observations. Hope it helps give some perspective of what is going on in Glendale tonight as you watch.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
For the first time in a while I have no idea who is going to win this game. I'm leaning towards Oregon though because I haven't seen anyone sustain that pace with them for 4 quarters. And rooting for a conference is gay, I rooted against every big12 team and was happy with the results for the most part.
Oregon uniforms are tight like hallways
Oregon 89
Auburn 87

The defenses literally stop coming out in the 4th quarter.

Five ducks killed at halftime.
Share 49ersWebzone