• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

Durant's fantastic, but isn't a playmaker. That's the difference between him and LeBron or Kobe.

Curry isn't even in the Top 20, IMO.

1. Don't forget the defense. Kobe is shutdown when he needs to be.
2. Kobe is a type of clutch that is basically a cut above any on that list.
3. And yeah, wtf is Steph Curry doing on the list? The guy can shoot and is good passer. What else can he do?
1. Tyreke Evans
2. Demarcus Cousins
3. Omri Cassipi
4. Beno Udrih
5. Samuel Dalembert
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
1. Tyreke Evans
2. Demarcus Cousins
3. Omri Cassipi
4. Beno Udrih
5. Samuel Dalembert

lol

Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by dman:
How is Durant better than Wade?

I wouldn't argue too much with someone who thought Wade was better.

The thing I like about Durant is that he's a dominant scorer without having the ball in his hands for very long. Most of the time he's either catch and shoot, or if he's in an iso he makes his move pretty quickly. That's a big reason why guys like Westbrook and Green have been able to develop. He's also an excellent rebounder and above average man defender. Wade's a better playmaker and only a slightly less effective scorer, but I don't think his man D is all that good.

But again, it's very close.
Kobe
LeBron
Durant
One more thing...it's also pretty remarkable that Kobe's in his 15th year and he's still in the conversation for the best player in the game. That's unprecedented.
One more thing...it's also pretty remarkable that Kobe's in his 15th year and he's still in the conversation for the best player in the game. That's unprecedented.

yeah but he is only 32, its not like most 15 year vets that would be 35 and older

Originally posted by valrod33:

yeah but he is only 32, its not like most 15 year vets that would be 35 and older

Definitely, but pretty much every other HS star to come into the league (KG, JO, McGrady, Shard) have fallen off pretty dramatically, and Kobe's played more games than any of them. He's played almost 2 1/2 extra seasons worth of playoff games.

Your point's valid, but it's still pretty impressive.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Definitely, but pretty much every other HS star to come into the league (KG, JO, McGrady, Shard) have fallen off pretty dramatically, and Kobe's played more games than any of them. He's played almost 2 1/2 extra seasons worth of playoff games.

Your point's valid, but it's still pretty impressive.

agreed.

LOL at Shard, its sounds like a piece of s**t.
1. kobe
2. lebron
3 durant
4 wade
5. melo
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

Durant's fantastic, but isn't a playmaker. That's the difference between him and LeBron or Kobe.

hmm, and yet he's the 2nd most overrated athlete (1st in basketball) of your lifetime.. interesting...

You said, before the year was really underway (so if you don't like his miami play that's irrelevant), kobe was better. Even though lebron won more games and swept kobe with a waaaaay worse supporting cast (even averaging more assists passing to anthony parker and andy varejao, not odom and gasol, can you imagine if their supporting casts were reversed). Again, the ring is also irrelevant as I doubt you think lebron wouldnt have won it with kobes team or that kobe would have won it with lebrons team. Posted better and more efficient #'s (i.e. just one of many examples being that kobe has never shot 47% from the field in a season and lebron hasn't NOT shot 47% from the field in a season with the exception of his rookie year. the more telling but less well-known eFG% and true shooting % drastically favor lebron as well) in virtually every statistic in the regular season AND the playoffs and has taken s**tty supporting casts deep in the playoffs consistently whereas when kobe has had s**tty (but still better, as guys like butler and odom were still superior than anyone lebron had ever played with in cleveland) supporting casts he either misses the playoffs or loses in the 1st round. Not to mention kobe had had the benefit of supporting casts that WEREN'T great only 3 times in 14 years and LeBron had awful supporting casts 7 times in 7 years. I think it speaks volumes that lebron took a starting lineup including sasha pavolvic, larry hughes, drew gooden, and big z to the finals, defeating an OUTSTANDING piston team in the process. Kobe took a team with not one but TWO teammates (butler and odom) better than any teammate lebron had, to 34-48 in 04-05. So, please, do elaborate, I'd LOVE to hear.
[ Edited by terrytate10 on Nov 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by terrytate10:
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

hmm, and yet he's the 2nd most overrated player of your lifetime.. interesting...

You said, before the year was really underway (so if you don't like his miami play that's irrelevant), kobe was better. Even though lebron won more games and swept kobe with a waaaaay worse supporting cast (even averaging more assists passing to anthony parker and andy varejao, not odom and gasol, can you imagine if their supporting casts were reversed). Again, the ring is also irrelevant as I doubt you think lebron wouldnt have won it with kobes team or that kobe would have won it with lebrons team. Posted better #'s in virtually every statistic in the regular season AND the playoffs and has taken s**tty supporting casts deep in the playoffs consistently whereas when kobe has had s**tty (but still better, as guys like butler and odom were still superior than anyone lebron had ever played with in cleveland) supporting casts he either misses the playoffs or loses in the 1st round. Not to mention kobe had had the benefit of supporting casts that WEREN'T great only 3 times in 14 years and LeBron had awful supporting casts 7 times in 7 years. I think it speaks volumes that lebron took a starting lineup including sasha pavolvic, larry hughes, drew gooden, and big z to the finals, defeating an OUTSTANDING piston team in the process. Kobe took a team with not one but TWO teammates (butler and odom) better than any teammate lebron had, to 34-48 in 04-05. So, please, do elaborate, I'd LOVE to hear.

Share 49ersWebzone