LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Top 5 NBA?

So me and some fellas at work were talking about the NBA's top 5 players. Most said either Kobe or Bron at 1 and then the following at 2. Then there was a mixture of DHow, pierce, wade, rondo, durant,melo, paul to round out the 5.

This is my list and they didn't like it haha
1. Durant - In my opinion he does just as much as Kobe and LBJ, I don't see a big stat diff either and people are enarmoured with stats so I threw that in. But for me stats don't tell the whole store, he has a complete game.
2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade
5. Steph Curry- Durant and this pick confsued them . I love Currys game he does it all great D, shooting, pg skills, just everything and his awarness and bball iq are top notch. He falls in the same boat with Durant he doesn't have a huge market to play in or he would be a bigger natinaly known name IMO.

what is your top 5s
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
So me and some fellas at work were talking about the NBA's top 5 players. Most said either Kobe or Bron at 1 and then the following at 2. Then there was a mixture of DHow, pierce, wade, rondo, durant,melo, paul to round out the 5.

1. Durant - In my opinion he does just as much as Kobe and LBJ, I don't see a big stat diff either and people are enarmoured with stats so I threw that in. But for me stats don't tell the whole store, he has a complete game.
2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade
5. Steph Curry- Durant and this pick confsued them . I love Currys game he does it all great D, shooting, pg skills, just everything and his awarness and bball iq are top notch. He falls in the same boat with Durant he doesn't have a huge market to play in or he would be a bigger natinaly known name IMO.

what is your top 5s

now theirs homers, and then theirs HOMERS...
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

Durant's fantastic, but isn't a playmaker. That's the difference between him and LeBron or Kobe.

Curry isn't even in the Top 20, IMO.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 31, 2010 at 12:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

Who else is better Rondo?? Toss up between him and Curry, Pierce? LOL, Howard? I like him best C in the league but not top 5. If people can put Melo in the top 5 how does Curry not belong? They do the exact same Curry just does it better and more efficent. Curry plays on a wack team. If golden state was good you'd hear his name
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Steph Curry eh?

He's not even the best player on his team, let alone Top 5 NBA.

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

Who else is better Rondo?? Toss up between him and Curry, Pierce? LOL, Howard? I like him best C in the league but not top 5. If people can put Melo in the top 5 how does Curry not belong? They do the exact same Curry just does it better and more efficent. Curry plays on a wack team. If golden state was good you'd hear his name

I'm just gonna go ahead and put it out there that Nash is currently a better player than Curry. Probably not for long, but currently, he is.

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

Howard's the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league. One of the best finishers around the rim as well. You really think Stephen Curry is better than Dwight Howard?

And it's not a tossup between him and Rondo. Rondo's easily a better player. The only thing Curry does better is shoot from the outside.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

Howard's the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league. One of the best finishers around the rim as well. You really think Stephen Curry is better than Dwight Howard?

And it's not a tossup between him and Rondo. Rondo's easily a better player. The only thing Curry does better is shoot from the outside.

Howard is sick I just feel Curry is the better player but in my opinion C isn't the most important position on the team so I kinda have a bias. Everyone has there own lists these are just my 5, Nash is getting up there in age Stoney and like Kobe I think this year mightbe the start of there downfalls. I like what Curry brings to the table more than Rondo. Currys D I feel is just as good, both can finish at the rim, rondo is the better playmaker while Curry scores more.

I know its weird haha but those are just MY 5
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
My top 5 -

1a. Lebron
1b. Kobe
3. Durant
4. Wade
5. Chris Paul

I understand why lot of ppl are picking Durant - ppl love to hate on Kobe and this year's bad guy Lebron and Durant is the next best player, so he is an obvious choice. It wouldn't surprise me if he wins the MVP because he is on a team that is more dependent on him than any other top 5 player on my list.

I'm really liking the NBA these days. I really like Lebron, Durant, CP3 and Wade (in that order) and have liked them since their rookie years. Having them dominate the league has been a lot of fun to watch for me for last few years...at least in the regular season.

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

im not going to claim to be a big NBA connoisseur, because im not anymore. i was about 10+ years ago, but not now.

however, i do know enough about the NBA today to know that you would be out of your freaking mind if youd rather have Stephen Curry than Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Nowitski, Deron Williams, Rondo, Gasol, Carmelo, Bosh, Amare, etc. lets not go crazy about Stephen Curry. hes a nice young player, maybe a future top 15 type player, but right now top 5? thats going WAY too far.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

No love for CP3?

I'm a warriors fan...and Curry is not even close to CP3 as a player.

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

im not going to claim to be a big NBA connoisseur, because im not anymore. i was about 10+ years ago, but not now.

however, i do know enough about the NBA today to know that you would be out of your freaking mind if youd rather have Stephen Curry than Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Nowitski, Deron Williams, Rondo, Gasol, Carmelo, Bosh, Amare, etc. lets not go crazy about Stephen Curry. hes a nice young player, maybe a future top 15 type player, but right now top 5? thats going WAY too far.

Meh say what you want, in my opinion those guys don't do anything great over curry and I see no difference in a guy like paul or deron except they have had more time in the league., I didn't say my rop 5 were the correct ones, but there mine I love currys game, everything about it.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

No love for CP3?

CP3's fantastic, I just prefer Howard & Wade by a small margin. I think you could put him as high as #4 and I'd have no argument. If I were to extend it to Top 15 I'd say...

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwight Howard
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Paul
7) Deron Williams
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Pau Gasol
10) Dirk Nowitzki
11) Brandon Roy
12) Rajon Rondo
13) Tim Duncan
14) Steve Nash
15) Chris Bosh
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

No love for CP3?

CP3's fantastic, I just prefer Howard & Wade by a small margin. I think you could put him as high as #4 and I'd have no argument. If I were to extend it to Top 15 I'd say...

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwight Howard
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Paul
7) Deron Williams
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Pau Gasol
10) Dirk Nowitzki
11) Brandon Roy
12) Rajon Rondo
13) Tim Duncan
14) Steve Nash
15) Chris Bosh

That's a pretty good top 15. Yea, Howard will probably be at no.6 in my list. Can't go wrong with it. I personally had CP3 as the 3rd best player at the beginning of last year.

I would have Danny Granger in the top 15 list...just because he is a pretty good defender as well, but not sure who I can take out of that list.
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

Durant's fantastic, but isn't a playmaker. That's the difference between him and LeBron or Kobe.

Curry isn't even in the Top 20, IMO.

I think this list is pretty accurate. And I have to give you credit. Kobe and Lebron are far superior to anybody. Durant mostly shoots outside and takes lots and lots of shots. He's not in the same category as Kobe or Lebron.

Also it is scary that 2 of the top 5 are on the same team... Howard is pretty damn outstanding but I'm not sure if he has the right supporting cast or not.
Share 49ersWebzone