There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Are we successful too early

Don't be silly. This team is racking up wins without jeopardizing their season.

Is the team playing like Borg or is there still a lot of assimilating to do?

Needs further assimilation: Anderson, Blair, Hill, and Splitter. (I'm least worried about Hill.)

Everyone else looks fine. Just avoid injuries and fatigue.

You know what the missing ingredient appears to be?

team-wide 3-point shooting. I think we really missed the Bowen and Barry absence last year and heavily relied on him to be our sharp shooter. When Bonner was shooting 3's out of mind at a certain point last season, we were rolling but as soon as he came down, we began to struggle again.

This year, we are getting solid 3-point contribution from 3 or 4 players so if one cools down, another takes his spot. We NEVER had this before. It was always only 1 premier shooter behind the arc with an occasional #2. Once they went cool, we had our 12 point quarters and lost the game as we did so often last year.

[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 29, 2010 at 14:39:43 ]

Needs further assimilation: Anderson, Blair, Hill, and Splitter. (I'm least worried about Hill.)

team-wide 3-point shooting. I think we really missed the Bowen and Barry absence last year and heavily relied on him to be our sharp shooter. When Bonner was shooting 3's out of mind at a certain point last season, we were rolling but as soon as he came down, we began to struggle again.

This year, we are getting solid 3-point contribution from 3 or 4 players so if one cools down, another takes his spot. We NEVER had this before. It was always only 1 premier shooter behind the arc with an occasional #2. Once they went cool, we had our 12 point quarters and lost the game as we did so often last year.

Don't forget Horry.

It's not the 3 pt shots themselves. It's the threat of them. Manu and Tony have had some incredible lanes to attack.

Don't forget Horry.

It's not the 3 pt shots themselves. It's the threat of them. Manu and Tony have had some incredible lanes to attack.

That is why the stats are spread because so is the opposing defense. Me like. They are playing Basketball and at an entertaining level.
Triple Double for the Big Fundamental.

Congrats Timmy.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Triple Double for the Big Fundamental.

Congrats Timmy.

They are playing good...too good. So good, I'm worried.
Double figures is a bit arbitrary. What if Duncan had scored 10 more points but only had 9 rebounds and 9 assists?

I'm more impressed with Manu's 27 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals.
Double figures is a bit arbitrary. What if Duncan had scored 10 more points but only had 9 rebounds and 9 assists?

not many big men are able to create double digit assists. Last night was his 3rd triple double all time, while it wont be very well remember its still impressive as a nice all around game.

Ya the warriors play by play man Bob Fitzgerald was saying he walked over to the Spurs telecasters before the game and joked that the Spurs are in their cranking cup for the playoffs March form already.
The Clippers have done a good job playing the Spurs this season. Blueprint!

Man the Spurs looked horrible last night.

Well, they had to lose on the road sooner or later. I'm more at ease that it was on the second day of a back to back.

As for the blueprint: I don't think every team in the league has Griffin.

Well, they had to lose on the road sooner or later. I'm more at ease that it was on the second day of a back to back.

As for the blueprint: I don't think every team in the league has Griffin.

Duncuses!
TIME TO REST MANU
It was a nice win.
Killing the Hornets. Me likey
Dammit, I just know Pop is going to run Manu into the ground. Thankfully last night was a blowout.

What a wacky schedule. Have the Spurs played any teams except the Hornets, Clippers, and T-Wolves?