There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Close one but I will take it. Now only if Jefferson plays like this more often.
Jefferson looks like a totally different player thus far.
SPURS!!! Gotta stay strong so at least one of my sports teams will play good! Niners =

Longhorns =
Man, this is the best I have seen the Spurs open a season for some time now. The big three actually appear to be fresh and they are getting consistent 3-point shooting.

Points Allowed: 103 (21st) disappointing
Differential: 3.7 (9th) not bad but the elite teams are in double digits

They are also top 3 in assists and steals and in the top 10 in blocks.

We will see once they play some tougher teams but the Spurs rarely have fast starts and have overhauled the supporting cast the past few years except for this year. Hopefully, they will improve on their defense but I think this team will be ranked higher than most think.

Either way, the difference in wins between the 8th team and the 3rd team wasn't by much last year was it?
Finally! Some TV time. It ain't the Spurs of 10 years ago. These guys can score some points!
Y'all was lucky and s**t against us. Next time y'allz gonna feel the wrath of Goran and stuff. Bettah wreckagnyze!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Y'all was lucky and s**t against us. Next time y'allz gonna feel the wrath of Goran and stuff. Bettah wreckagnyze!

Honestly, the Spurs are playing better than I expected. But their schedule has been favorable so far.
There's gonna be a Toros player/coach meet & greet thing at The Dig Pub in Cedar Park next Tuesday (or maybe the Tuesday after that). It's a cool beer & wine bar, and the official bar of the Toros. Some of you Austin peoples should come check it out. Legend has it Danny Ferry will be there.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
There's gonna be a Toros player/coach meet & greet thing at The Dig Pub in Cedar Park next Tuesday (or maybe the Tuesday after that). It's a cool beer & wine bar, and the official bar of the Toros. Some of you Austin peoples should come check it out. Legend has it Danny Ferry will be there.

If I send you my Nicaraguan Cave Bat, can you have Manu tattoo his autograph on it's back?

If I send you my Nicaraguan Cave Bat, can you have Manu tattoo his autograph on it's back?

No, but I can ask Thomas Gardner or Michael Joiner.

No, but I can ask Thomas Gardner or Michael Joiner.

Toros is spanish slang for Spurs, admit it!
RJ is playing his little aquatic heart out.

Matt Bonner is missed. Like it or not, the defense is struggling in part because he isn't playing. Generally when Bonner is in no one crashes the boards and everyone gets back on D.
Originally posted by dobo:
RJ is playing his little aquatic heart out.

Matt Bonner is missed. Like it or not, the defense is struggling in part because he isn't playing. Generally when Bonner is in no one crashes the boards and everyone gets back on D.

Jefferson is playing without any hesitation. We now have four guys who can give us 20 points any day. The emergence of RJ has put us in the top 5 in scoring. The defense is lacking but Duncan didn't play many minutes and the Defense was much better when he came in but we still need to improve in that aspect.

I like Splitter. He moves his feet well and had his scrappy moments on the boards.
So far, this is definitely a balanced, versatile team on offense. There are so many lineups I like. I think Duncan and Manu should have no trouble resting when necessary.

RJ looks like a different player. He, Tony, Manu, and Hill are looking like a solid 1-3 rotation. Duncan and Dice are a little slow out of the gates, but that's pretty much what I expected. Not much to say about Splitter, as he's brand new and hasn't been asked to do much.

Anderson and Neal look to be an upgrade over Bogans and Mason.

The only early season disappointments: defense and DeJuan Blair.
Parker baby