There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by dobo:
Dammit, I just know Pop is going to run Manu into the ground. Thankfully last night was a blowout.

What a wacky schedule. Have the Spurs played any teams except the Hornets, Clippers, and T-Wolves?

Yea It was good to see them all get some rest last night.
Question for fans of other teams:

Have the Spurs put any thought of possibly competing with any of the big 5 teams?

LA
MIA
BOS
ORL
DAL

This season for me has been like a fan of an up and coming team; almost like how Lakers fans felt 2 years ago. Personally, right now, I don't see them competing with 3 of those teams because of the lack of Duncan's presence. However, he played very well in last years' playoffs (not being 100%) but did not get much help. I think he will be rested and have a come back type of play off run.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Question for fans of other teams:

Have the Spurs put any thought of possibly competing with any of the big 5 teams?

LA
MIA
BOS
ORL
DAL

This season for me has been like a fan of an up and coming team; almost like how Lakers fans felt 2 years ago. Personally, right now, I don't see them competing with 3 of those teams because of the lack of Duncan's presence. However, he played very well in last years' playoffs (not being 100%) but did not get much help. I think he will be rested and have a come back type of play off run.

I said it before, it all comes down to Splitter and RJ.

If Splitter becomes a solid rotational player, then Pop will be able to rest Duncan without running McDyess into the ground or sacrificing interior defense with Blair and Bonner.

If RJ keeps doing what he's doing, then Pop will be able to run Ginobili-less lineups. Last season RJ was useless without him. But so far Parker-Hill-RJ is looking like a solid 1-2-3.

Travel ....? Who cares.

MANUUUUUUUUUUU!
Travel ....? Who cares.

MANUUUUUUUUUUU!
Travel ....? Who cares.

MANUUUUUUUUUUU!

During the timeout, I told my wife exactly what would happen. Manu gets the ball, calls for isolation, wins the game. I forgot to add, avoids Bogut, though.

And both feet landed simultaneously, so no travel.
Manu with 2 clutch game winners in 2 nights.

Last night's win IN Denver was more satisfying than anything. SA has been handling teams and it was nice to see how they play in a close game in a tough environment (Denver 12-1 now 12-2 at home) being the second night of a back to back away game.

Tim also came through with a classic Duncan performance: 28pts, 16rbs, 4 assists, and 4 blocks!

The bench came through in this game. All starters but Manu were in the minus but the bench was nearly all in the plus.

Last night's win IN Denver was more satisfying than anything. SA has been handling teams and it was nice to see how they play in a close game in a tough environment (Denver 12-1 now 12-2 at home) being the second night of a back to back away game.

Tim also came through with a classic Duncan performance: 28pts, 16rbs, 4 assists, and 4 blocks!

The bench came through in this game. All starters but Manu were in the minus but the bench was nearly all in the plus.
Hell yea. Duncan can still do it he just hasn't had to do it this year. I hope he doesn't have to either so he can be a young rested beast come playoff time
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Hell yea. Duncan can still do it he just hasn't had to do it this year. I hope he doesn't have to either so he can be a young rested beast come playoff time

Yeah, he looks leaner and just appears like he has a little more bounce in his step. Manu definitely looks like he's more in shape.

Tony disappointed me last year coming into the playoffs over weight after his injury. He appeared as if he didn't work out at all during the time he was out.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Yeah, he looks leaner and just appears like he has a little more bounce in his step. Manu definitely looks like he's more in shape.

Tony disappointed me last year coming into the playoffs over weight after his injury. He appeared as if he didn't work out at all during the time he was out.
He was too busy boning people's wives lol.
Wow 22 - 3. Are they for real? A lot of older players. But some excellent ones. And at least one all time great level player. Yes they are older. But 22 - 3 can't mean nothing. I don't think you can play that good with no talent.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow 22 - 3. Are they for real? A lot of older players. But some excellent ones. And at least one all time great level player. Yes they are older. But 22 - 3 can't mean nothing. I don't think you can play that good with no talent.

Jefferson is playing good, Blair is progressing, Hill is here, Parker, We aren't that old lol. We have some good young guys in the mix.
Might as well post this as well:

OT win baby lol
Maybe it's just the resolution of the feed I'm getting, but Tim Duncan looks to be as lean as I can ever remember him being.