There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

I really like this deal.

Picking up a talented 22-year-old big man like Hickson is a great move. 17 and 11 post All-Star Break last year.

I think we're planning to move on from Sammy D. I like him, but I don't want to commit to him long-term and I think he's gonna be looking for either a contender or one last contract (ala Brendan Haywood's 6 year/54 mill). No thanks.

We can still target a bigger name in the frontcourt, but Hickson could become the starting PF. Cousins-Hickson-Thompson is a nice, young rotation.
And the pick is super protected. From Marc Stein...

Protection specifics on pick going from Kings to Cavs: Protected 1-to-14 in 2012, 1-to-13 in 2013, 1-to-12 in 2014, 1-to-10 from 2015-2017

Diggin' this move.
Now Dalembert can be a Warrior Oakland is just 2 hours away from sac!
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Now Dalembert can be a Warrior Oakland is just 2 hours away from sac!

Another overpaid Center for the Warriors? No Thanks.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
And the pick is super protected. From Marc Stein...

Protection specifics on pick going from Kings to Cavs: Protected 1-to-14 in 2012, 1-to-13 in 2013, 1-to-12 in 2014, 1-to-10 from 2015-2017

Diggin' this move.

Wow that's great!

I still think we need to add a post defender (assuming Whiteside isn't ready for real minutes) as Cousins/Thompson/Hickson aren't scaring anybody defensively. I still like Dalembert but I would understand if he ended up with a contender for less money.
wow I like this trade alot, good luck to Casspi it was fun
If we re-sign Sammie D and Thornton, I think we are a def playoff team for the 7-8th spot. Think 2010 Grizzlies

PG Evans Jimmer Jeter/Thomas

SG Thornton Garcia ?

SF Salmons Greene Honeycut

PF Cousins Hickson Jackson

C Dalembert* Thompson Whiteside
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jul 1, 2011 at 8:24 AM ]
I like his intensity, very explosive:

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
If we re-sign Sammie D and Thornton, I think we are a def playoff team for the 7-8th spot. Think 2010 Grizzlies

SG Thornton Garcia ?

It all hinges on Dalembert but even assuming he re-signs the West is still tough. This team would have to make a huge jump. I think its more likely the year after. Of course the new CBA could dictate whether of not we sign Dally.
This is a VERY needed addition for the Kings.

Was listening to the radio the other day and they said J.J. and Lebron were the ONLY players CLE were not willing to deal with any team a couple of years ago.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is a VERY needed addition for the Kings.

Was listening to the radio the other day and they said J.J. and Lebron were the ONLY players CLE were not willing to deal with any team a couple of years ago.

I for one can def see JJ being the starting PF, for the future of this team.
Originally posted by Super9er81:

SG Thornton Garcia ?

It all hinges on Dalembert but even assuming he re-signs the West is still tough. This team would have to make a huge jump. I think its more likely the year after. Of course the new CBA could dictate whether of not we sign Dally.

I dunno, I'm an objective observer and I definitely think you guys have a shot at the #8 seed if there's a season next year. I've been liking what Petrie's been doing over the last couple of years. I even liked the Udrih for Salmons deal, although I'm not a Jimmer fan. The playoffs next year hinge on re-signing Dalembert and Tyreke's feet holding up, but even if you guys don't make it, this team projects VERY nicely over the next 4-5 years. (again, if Evans' feet hold up) You guys have 3 guys that will be 23 years and under at the start of next season that have all showed that they can play at a high level when given the opportunity. That's remarkable.

The only areas where I don't like this how this team projects are passing and leadership. The only player on your roster who's a better passer than most guys at his position is Cousins. And I've heard a couple of Kings players say that they don't really have a defined leader on the team.

I really think a respected vet PG would make a world of difference in Sacto. If I were Petrie, I'd be trying to work out a deal involving Jason Thompson and change for Andre Miller. Denver already has Lawson at the PG and no size at all, especially with Nene possibly leaving.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

SG Thornton Garcia ?

I dunno, I'm an objective observer and I definitely think you guys have a shot at the #8 seed if there's a season next year. I've been liking what Petrie's been doing over the last couple of years. I even liked the Udrih for Salmons deal, although I'm not a Jimmer fan. The playoffs next year hinge on re-signing Dalembert and Tyreke's feet holding up, but even if you guys don't make it, this team projects VERY nicely over the next 4-5 years. (again, if Evans' feet hold up) You guys have 3 guys that will be 23 years and under at the start of next season that have all showed that they can play at a high level when given the opportunity. That's remarkable.

The only areas where I don't like this how this team projects are passing and leadership. The only player on your roster who's a better passer than most guys at his position is Cousins. And I've heard a couple of Kings players say that they don't really have a defined leader on the team.

I really think a respected vet PG would make a world of difference in Sacto. If I were Petrie, I'd be trying to work out a deal involving Jason Thompson and change for Andre Miller. Denver already has Lawson at the PG and no size at all, especially with Nene possibly leaving.

great points bro, I def agree with everything you said, put lets put it in perspective:

The Grizzlies really didnt have "leaders" on their team, but they grew together and learned to be confident with each others abilities. I think Garcia is a def leader on the team and Salmons and eventually in a couple years Jimmer will be too
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

SG Thornton Garcia ?

I'm very excited about the future, I just figure with all the youth and the leadership issue yet to figure itself out hoping for the playoffs this coming year seems a little crazy. The 8th seed in the West(Memphis) won 46 games which is 22 games more than the Kings this year and nearly double the Kings win total (24).

Petrie has done a fantastic job assembling talent over the last few years, it just hasn't amounted to many wins and its going to take a couple of things breaking right for it to work out. My biggest concern at this point is Dalembert. I've read that he's not too keen on coming back and without him the Kings defense sucks. Mark Stein mentioned that Tyson Chandler was a FA target for Sac but I have my doubts that happens.

At this point I'm just hoping that the owners are smart enough to know that at least some fans realize their demands are unreasonable and their unwillingness to work with each other is the real reason behind the lockout.
Really think re-signing Dalembert and Thornton will make or break our season.
Anyway siked for JJ HICKSON! GO KINGS