LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rigs49:
Are they bringing them back?

I guess it's a new alternative for this season. They never had that color with that logo before.
it looks like they mashed up the last 3 designs into one
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I think it looks pretty sick. Probably see it about 20 times this season... if they play a season.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
I think it looks pretty sick. Probably see it about 20 times this season... if they play a season.

not bad at all
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Just got the 2K12 game. Got this on the insert..

Just got the 2K12 game. Got this on the insert..

Fuuuuuuu now im gonna have to buy this game
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Fuuuuuuu now im gonna have to buy this game

this lulz
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Newest release from Think Big Sacramento:

http://www.thinkbigsacramento.com/assets/Uploads/The_Capitol_Corridor_Impact_Report.pdf
Nice. I love seeing those stats of people that attend the Arena from outside Sacramento.

Quote:
1. For basketball and non-basketball events, nearly 75% of attendees come from outside of the City of Sacramento.
2. For basketball related events, just over 62% of attendees come from outside the City of Sacramento.
3. For non-basketball related events (e.g. cultural and civic events), nearly 80% of attendees come from regions outside the City of Sacramento.

Effin pisses me off that the City of Sacramento failed to approve the prior Arena propositions. They don't care because Sacramentans don't go to the games. You would think they would have learned their lesson on missing out on the Rivercats. Yolo county getting all the perks for that.
Originally posted by Joecool:

http://www.thinkbigsacramento.com/assets/Uploads/The_Capitol_Corridor_Impact_Report.pdf
Nice. I love seeing those stats of people that attend the Arena from outside Sacramento.

Quote:
1. For basketball and non-basketball events, nearly 75% of attendees come from outside of the City of Sacramento.
2. For basketball related events, just over 62% of attendees come from outside the City of Sacramento.
3. For non-basketball related events (e.g. cultural and civic events), nearly 80% of attendees come from regions outside the City of Sacramento.

Effin pisses me off that the City of Sacramento failed to approve the prior Arena propositions. They don't care because Sacramentans don't go to the games. You would think they would have learned their lesson on missing out on the Rivercats. Yolo county getting all the perks for that.

Yeah, but that was a previous regime. The new regime sees the big picture and is going to make this happen.

Quote:

Yeah, but that was a previous regime. The new regime sees the big picture and is going to make this happen.

Correction, Kevin Johnson sees the big picture. He had to take a strangle hold of this and use his Star network ability. Maybe others have played a larger role and helped him (city members) but I haven't heard of any.

Quote:

Correction, Kevin Johnson sees the big picture. He had to take a strangle hold of this and use his Star network ability. Maybe others have played a larger role and helped him (city members) but I haven't heard of any.

When I said new regime seeing the big picture, I was referring to KJ. While KJ might be a scumbag in his personal life, he has really gotten the ball rolling on this and is making things happen. Darius Anderson has also played a key role. He was responsible for bringing Burkle in. KJ also just recently brought up the possibility of the A's and Sacramento and how we would def be able to support the A's/MLB franchise here. Very exciting.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM ]
When I said new regime seeing the big picture, I was referring to KJ. While KJ might be a scumbag in his personal life, he has really gotten the ball rolling on this and is making things happen. Darius Anderson has also played a key role. He was responsible for bringing Burkle in. KJ also just recently brought up the possibility of the A's and Sacramento and how we would def be able to support the A's/MLB franchise here. Very exciting.

Completely unaware of the "scumbag personal life" part. What's the background on that?
Completely unaware of the "scumbag personal life" part. What's the background on that?

Let's just say KJ likes his girl's young, real young. Growing up, his Sacramento home was/is right around the corner from my parent's house. I'd see him down at the park playing ball during the offseason. My sister and some other friends worked for him at Sacramento HS, so I was also able to hear some pretty unflattering things about him through them as well. It's pretty disappointing because he was a role model for a lot of kids. A guy who made it big, then came back to his hometown and did a lot for the community. I guess everyone has their demons, but I, along with many others just can't look at the guy the same anymore. Here is a nice little article about the incidents that took place not only in PHX, but Sacramento as well. Once I heard the actual phone recording back in the day, that was all I needed to know.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-05-22/news/can-former-phoenix-sun-kevin-johnson-overcome-his-past-to-become-sacramento-s-mayor/
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
All that KJ stuff got swept under the rug pretty good. I mean it got out and did make some news but it went away pretty nicely.
Share 49ersWebzone