LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Trading for John Salmons has led to me only one logical conclusion - They want to package him and the #10 pick for Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson.

If we take on Salmons crappy contract, why not swing it for Jeffersons crappy contract to acquire Tony Parker?

Or maybe not......

I'm done trying to figure out what the Kings are doing anymore.

That makes sense.

Parker
Evans/Thornton
Dickey Jefferson
Cousins
Dalembert (?)

Hill
Klay Thompson? (Spurs sure do like light-skinned black guys)
Salmons
Duncan
Splitter

Evans?

My bad.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Trading for John Salmons has led to me only one logical conclusion - They want to package him and the #10 pick for Tony Parker and Richard Jefferson.

If we take on Salmons crappy contract, why not swing it for Jeffersons crappy contract to acquire Tony Parker?

Or maybe not......

I'm done trying to figure out what the Kings are doing anymore.

That makes sense.

Parker
Evans/Thornton
Dickey Jefferson
Cousins
Dalembert (?)

Hill
Klay Thompson? (Spurs sure do like light-skinned black guys)
Salmons
Duncan
Splitter

Evans?

My bad.

I like that line up a lot better than the one with Salmons
KEMBA > JIMMER
Ok where the F are you guys?? Sacrock? Boise? Your thoughts?
I think we're just kinda deflated about the day.

It has nothing to do with Jimmer. I like him and think he'll be a solid player. He can shoot and create. Start Tyreke-Thornton and run Jimmer off the bench...It's a really nice trio.

But the trade was poor. We moved down and seemingly downgraded our roster and cap situation. Then, on top of that, we watched as Brandon Knight fell to #7. Would have been an awesome pick. And then Kemba went #9.

So Jimmer I like, but the rest of the day....ehhhhh.
We're at the stage where we need to make splash. I was hoping that would be Tony Parker or someone like that. Instead it feels like we're running in place. Salmons doesn't catapult us into the playoff picture.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
We're at the stage where we need to make splash. I was hoping that would be Tony Parker or someone like that. Instead it feels like we're running in place. Salmons doesn't catapult us into the playoff picture.

I think your expectations were too high then, Scott. Salmons addresses a position of need and is a solid player. And you're about to get a steal in Tyler Honeycutt.

Don't like the Jimmer pick, but it could be worse.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I think your expectations were too high then, Scott. Salmons addresses a position of need and is a solid player. And you're about to get a steal in Tyler Honeycutt.

Don't like the Jimmer pick, but it could be worse.

Maybe my expectations are too high. My hope was we either stay the course and build through the draft and smart signings. Or take advantage of an available stud in the trade market.

But Salmons doesn't do it for me. I don't mind him, he's a solid player, but is it worth 3 years/24 mill? And how much will that affect us in the future?

Definitely in agreement on Honeycutt. That's a very nice pick at #35.
I think Jimmer/Salmons is a good pick up for the Kings. You get two players in one: a defensive guy and a shooter. Tyreke can run the offense and then guard the 2 on defense with Jimmer on the court at the same time.

Now, the real question is if Jimmer can hit an NBA 3 consistently.
Isaiah Thomas

Aside from Salmons I'm really happy with this draft. Jimmer/Honeycutt/Thomas are 3 good players. Even Salmons is better than any SF we have. I think we got quite a bit better and we have a s**tload of money to spend in FA.
Agree, WtW. Outside of the trade, very happy with how things went down tonight. Three solid picks. And glad Westphal/Petrie are saying we aren't done making moves. Gonna have to clear up the SF situation and get another big.
Agree, WtW. Outside of the trade, very happy with how things went down tonight. Three solid picks. And glad Westphal/Petrie are saying we aren't done making moves. Gonna have to clear up the SF situation and get another big.

Ey bro you got a link to the Petrie Westphal stuff? I didnt get to hear what they said. Thanks man.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Ey bro you got a link to the Petrie Westphal stuff? I didnt get to hear what they said. Thanks man.

Just finished listening. Link
Trying to get pumped up over Salmons...

PG - Tyreke Evans, Jimmer Fredette, Pooh Jeter
SG - Marcus Thornton, Francisco Garcia
SF - John Salmons, Omri Casspi, Donte Greene, Tyler Honeycutt
PF - DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Darnell Jackson
C - Samuel Dalembert, Hassan Whiteside
Share 49ersWebzone