LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

***General NBA Discussion Thread***

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I forgot to mention this the other day, but Evan Turner looks terrible out there. I watched parts of the Philly/Boston game the other day, and it looks like Doug Collins has given the ball handling responsibilities to Jrue Holiday, and Turner doesn't know what to do with himself. It's gonna be interesting to see how that develops.

Derrick Favors as well.

I haven't seen Favors in the preseason yet, but that doesn't surprise me. He's still pretty raw.

I wasn't a huge Turner guy, but I'm surprised that he doesn't look better than he does. He was a pretty polished player coming out of OSU.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Posted some info in the Magic thread regarding their plays/playbook. I've been getting into their and other NBA plays in general lately and figured a few of you basketball nuts would as well. It's all over page 5 & 6.
Originally posted by jrg:
Posted some info in the Magic thread regarding their plays/playbook. I've been getting into their and other NBA plays in general lately and figured a few of you basketball nuts would as well. It's all over page 5 & 6.

Awesome, I'll check that out when I have the time.

In other news...

Originally posted by MichaelJordan:
"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."

I want to pimp slap Arenas so bad. And can Flip Saunders grow a pair and stop letting guys run all over him.

In other news...

"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."

he said that while promoting his game which is all about what would happen if he played in todays game. he is just trying to sell copies man
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by valrod33:

In other news...

he said that while promoting his game which is all about what would happen if he played in todays game. he is just trying to sell copies man

I dunno, that's sounds like the real Jordan. He was probably sporting the Hitler mustache and he probably mentioned how he got revenge on the guy who once beat him at Pong.

Yeah. I guarantee you that Jordan thinks that he'd be able to score 100 points in a game, even though he never came within 30 points of that when everyone was scoring a lot more points.

The overblown memory of Jordan is easily my biggest pet peeve when it comes to sports.
I just looked, and MJ got to 60 four times in his career...three of which were overtime games.

But yeah, he'd score 100 today. Why stop there? Why not 120?
Jordan tripping he wouldn't drop 100 in today's NBA. But if he said he could score 150 some folks would still go with it.
I just looked, and MJ got to 60 four times in his career...three of which were overtime games.

But yeah, he'd score 100 today. Why stop there? Why not 120?

I think his point is that the league's rules favor guards more now than they did before. I don't have the stats, so I can't say whether or not his point is valid.

From what I've seen, the league seems to have moved in a more guard-oriented direction. It's exciting to watch 6'5" - 6'8" athletes run and jump like gazelles. Centers ain't what they used to be, and I can't imagine that has to do with talent alone.

I'd argue that it's moreso a case of post play being considerably more difficult due to the rule changes, rather than those rules benefiting swingmen. Swingmen may be more important now, but I don't think they're more productive. Bernard King, Larry Bird, Purvis Short, Alex English, Dominique Wilkins, Adrian Dantley, Kiki Vandeweghe, Mark Aguirre, Clyde Drexler, Mitch Richmond, and several others were high scoring swingmen during the same time.

He was the best of the bunch in terms of scorers, but he wasn't nearly as anomalous as he's made out to be. Wings don't score more now, it's just that the bigs score less.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 15, 2010 at 09:39:45 ]
Anything Jordan says has to be understood as the rantings of an egotistical douchebag.

True, but a lot of people believe this about MJ. That irritates me, and yes...I know how irrational that is.

Wow....Mike Vick and LeBron James talking about Kobe Bryant over Twitter. LOL

Vick:

@KingJames raise some money 4 the boys and girls club again and play kobe one on one dawg. He's throwing jabs at you. King needs to respond

LeBron

@MVick7 i love the boys and girls club of America man!! Yeah he has been taking some shots on the low right! It's all good though.

@MVick7 gotta just continue to get better and proving doubters wrong. Feel me?
thats not Vick, this is

http://twitter.com/MichaelVickZone

[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:14:32 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
thats not Vick, this is

http://twitter.com/MichaelVickZone

From what I've read, he has more than one account, and that is in fact him.

Who knows. I just thought Mike Vick giving LeBron advice was funny.
John Wall looks awesome. He's like Derrick Rose with a high b-ball IQ.

Blake Griffin's been looking really good too.
Wow....Mike Vick and LeBron James talking about Kobe Bryant over Twitter. LOL

Vick:

@KingJames raise some money 4 the boys and girls club again and play kobe one on one dawg. He's throwing jabs at you. King needs to respond

LeBron

@MVick7 i love the boys and girls club of America man!! Yeah he has been taking some shots on the low right! It's all good though.

@MVick7 gotta just continue to get better and proving doubters wrong. Feel me?

"on the low"

I thought that was ebonics for being secretly gay or something.

I'm so white.

i got you my white brother it's "on the down low" that is ebonics for being secretly gay
Share 49ersWebzone