There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CAL cuts baseball and more

CAL is trying to save money and has cut baseball, and a few other sports. I think Rugby and gymnastics...this is sad. The state is in such bad shape they are cutting quality sports. As a huge CAL fan, this is very disapointing.

One we have 25 national championships in. I am listening to them complain on KNBR right now. When someone finds the link, please post.

[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Sep 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
CAL is trying to save money and has cut baseball, and a few other sports. I think Rugby and gymnastics...this is sad. The state is in such bad shape they are cutting quality sports. As a huge CAL fan, this is very disapointing.

One we have 25 national championships in.


They're not cutting Rugby, they're demoting it...but yeah, still sucks about losing baseball and other sports
Are they f**king retarded?

They cut Rugby, we f**king own in Rugby.
SFGate article:
Cal eliminates 4 sports; rugby demotion
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Are they f**king retarded?

They cut Rugby, we f**king own in Rugby.

NOT CUT!!! Simply demoted to "varsity club" sport
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
SFGate article:
Cal eliminates 4 sports; rugby demotion

Should have cut tedford

saved 3 million at least
"While rugby is well funded and nearly self-sustaining, its roster of 61 men further skewed the athletic department's figures regarding gender equity, giving Cal about 150 more male athletes than female"

Blame Title IX for this one.
That sucks.... Cal's baseball program has put out some decent players too
I'm not even a fan of Cal sports but damn, that sucks!
Blame Title 9.

To keep things equal, we can't let males have stuff.
damn

we had baseball since 1890

wtf people

where did my fees go
So is this baseball season still going on for them? it starts in the spring right

What happens to the guys that went there just to play? I guess they transfer right

I didn't even know they had a gymnastics team
They should have cut the lame ass crew team instead of baseball
As long as they don't cut football...
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Blame Title 9.

To keep things equal, we can't let males have stuff.

No offense to women but lets be real here... no one f**king goes to women's sporting events PERIOD! That's some bulls**t imo... sorry to the cal fans