LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

***2012-2013 Utah Jazz Thread***

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Some observations from sitting behind the Laker bench last night...

-You guys are very poorly coached. Player movement is minimal, their communication on the court is nonexistent, and there's no enthusiasm in their body language.

-This team needs a PG in the worst way, or SOMEONE who can create open shots for other people. Neither the guards, wings, or bigs seem at all interested in getting someone else an open shot.

-Al Jefferson is overweight.

-Derrick Favors is enormous. Can't believe he's only 20. No skills though.

-Enes Kanter has a good motor. He's more skilled than he showed last night, so the fact that he keeps battling is a great sign.

-I've never seen a guy like Gordon Hayward. He doesn't at all look like a basketball player if you look at his face, but as soon as he touches a basketball you can tell that he was born to play the sport. Really smooth, fluid player. He needs more minutes.

-Ty Corbin is CONSTANTLY complaining.

-Someone needs to send Raja Bell to the glue factory.

Corbin is a horrible coach. I constantly see him yelling at the younger players if they make a mistake. We have a very talented team, but these guys have no idea what they should be doing. They look lost on the court.

Favors does have some skills, he just has a terrible time staying out of foul trouble. He can never get in any rhythm, and seems timid after he gets his first foul.

Harris, Jefferson, Miles, and Bell all need to go. I prefer Tinsley to Harris right now.

I think Hayward plays better at the 2 than the 3. He also needs the ball more. He is most effective with the ball in his hands, but we run our offense through Jefferson, who is a black hole once he gets the ball. Big Al has moments where he looks great, but really struggles with the double team, and is HORRIBLE on D. I also think Hayward is the best passer on the team. He needs to have more plays called for him.

I really hope we move some guys. I don't care what we get in return, we just need them GONE. Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Evans, and Burks are the only players worth keeping. I have no idea why Bell is out on the floor. He brings little defensively, misses open shots, and looks slow. Burks finally got some minutes late last night, and had 15 points in about 7 minutes. I know it was garbage time, but he was on fire. If he gets more time, he can be a special player. There hasn't been a player with his ability on the Jazz in a long time.

Again, Corbin needs to go. If he stays on all year we should easily have a top 3 pick, and possibly another lotto pick with the Warriors pick. The drop-off from Sloan to Ty is huge.

It'll be a long year, but I'm excited about the young talent regardless.
Good team win last night. With Al out the ball moved better. Favors and Hayward played really well. Hayward even had a clutch shot at the end to put us ahead.

We still need a PG who can pass the ball, and Al needs to go as well.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
my poor jazz. Hopefully we play our way to another lottery pick and get rid of Corbin. I am going to try and avoid watching them play this year, it'll just hurt my eyes.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Good team win last night. With Al out the ball moved better. Favors and Hayward played really well. Hayward even had a clutch shot at the end to put us ahead.

We still need a PG who can pass the ball, and Al needs to go as well.

I agree! Sucks that it seems that Corbin has this same horrible mentality that Sloan had and that's not to let the young guys play. Why the hell we are still starting Raja Bell baffles me. Why was Favors benched? Just to be put back in the starting line-up. Al Jefferson does not fit this team. We do not need a guy that gets the ball down low and does nothing productive with it. As you said he's like a black hole. Sure he can score, but his lack of defense, and inability to keep the ball moving are killing this team thus far. And why did Burks not dress? Makes no sense at all.

But yeah at least we played with some heart and passion. Right now the only way we are going to get these wins is to play tough, nitty gritty basketball. I hope we can keep this up and maybe find a P.G. via trade with Jefferson. I personally feel that would be our best option.
Hopefully we see less Al and Bell tonight, and more Kanter, Favors, and Burks.

I also think Hayward should start at the 2, with Howard at the 3.
we avoided going 0-3 for the first time since 1979. the streak lives!
Kanter is going to be really good. He is so active, making plays all over the place.

Although, he just airballed a dunk on an alley-oop. LOL
Jazz down 20+ late into the 4th, but for some reason the young guys are left on the bench. They only came in with 3 minutes left.

Bell looked like his usual self out there. 0 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists in just over 17 minutes. I guess the upside is his minutes were down.
The young guys finally get some burn! Our starters start off slowly. In come the young guys, and all of a sudden we have energy, movement on both sides of the court, and we take the lead. Burks getting some time is phenomenal. There is no reason fro Bell to start, and Burks needs to get 20 minutes a night. He is so effective with the ball in his hands, and so fast down the court. Great first half.
Burks looked good yesterday. Despite some poor shooting, he got to the line 10 times, and had 6 assists.

Favors had 5 blocks in the first half, and played great D all game. It's a night and day difference on D when Favors and Kanter are in.

Bell won't be starting soon. He's just terrible out there. Hayward will slide to the 2, and Howard will start at the 3 very soon.

Bell getting heavy minutes again tonight. So far he has 3 points and 2 rebounds, each above his season averages....

He is probably the worst starting player in the NBA right now. Shooting a nice .261 from the floor overall, and getting opposing players tired by letting them blow right past him.

Enter Alec Burks, gets 2 quick layups, exit Alec Burks, enter Raja Bell...

Also, Gasol is destroying Al tonight
  • Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Bell getting heavy minutes again tonight. So far he has 3 points and 2 rebounds, each above his season averages....

He is probably the worst starting player in the NBA right now. Shooting a nice .261 from the floor overall, and getting opposing players tired by letting them blow right past him.

Enter Alec Burks, gets 2 quick layups, exit Alec Burks, enter Raja Bell...

Also, Gasol is destroying Al tonigh
Burks is playing well every time he is out there on the court. Raja is adding nothing at all. I don't get why he(Burks) only plays 15 minutes. 15 minutes and he scores double the points Raja does. I dunno?

Jefferson I'm okay with. Even though he doesn't understand what help defense is, or can't really play any defense at all, his points are valuable to this young team right now. I just would like to see the younger guys in there given at least an oppurtunity though. We're winning games like this but we need to figure out what we have in this young team instead of always put it in Jeffersons hands. Right now it's working but in the long run we need our younger guys to get some experience. They are the future of this team afterall.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Burks is playing well every time he is out there on the court. Raja is adding nothing at all. I don't get why he(Burks) only plays 15 minutes. 15 minutes and he scores double the points Raja does. I dunno?

Jefferson I'm okay with. Even though he doesn't understand what help defense is, or can't really play any defense at all, his points are valuable to this young team right now. I just would like to see the younger guys in there given at least an oppurtunity though. We're winning games like this but we need to figure out what we have in this young team instead of always put it in Jeffersons hands. Right now it's working but in the long run we need our younger guys to get some experience. They are the future of this team afterall.

Bells overall +/- is -60 so far. Every game we are trailing when he is in. I guess Corbin is waiting for Howard to get some more play time before he moves him into the starting lineup. Last night he said he expected more minutes coming his way. I can't wait for that to happen, it moves Bell to the bench, and Hayward to the 2, where he plays much better.

As for Al, he can score in bunches, and has good face-up defense. He deflects quite a few shots. It's crazy but the Jazz lead the league in blocks right now. The last few games they have played great defensively. Anyway, the biggest problem with Al is that he slows down the offense so much sometimes. He never passes the ball ESPECIALLY when he is double or triple teamed. It gets pretty frustrating. Another frustrating thing is that he is second in the league in FGA per 48. Behind only Kobe.

The young guys need more minutes for sure. Burks makes plenty of mistakes, but he attacks the rim so well, and draws fouls unlike anyone on the roster.
  • Jiks
WOW Just got off work and got to watch that great end to the 3rd. I see Bell has a career high with 9... Impressive.
lol we started off really well, but fell apart quickly. Both teams look tired, and there are some bad calls going both ways. None of Utahs shots are falling right now.

I just hope Bells career game doesn't mean he still starts
Share 49ersWebzone