There are 265 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Just watched game 3 vs the Kings on NHL Network, man I remember being so damn pissed off when we were down 4-0. This thread was going crazy...good times.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Just watched game 3 vs the Kings on NHL Network, man I remember being so damn pissed off when we were down 4-0. This thread was going crazy...good times.

man i was speechless and all i could do is shake my head when we were down and when pavs scored that tying goal i went nuts. damn im excited for some sharks hockey this yr
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

man i was speechless and all i could do is shake my head when we were down and when pavs scored that tying goal i went nuts. damn im excited for some sharks hockey this yr

Me too man, I. Can't wait!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I am man enough to admit my voice cracked when I let out my blood-curdling shriek of screaming joy when we tied it up, and then eventually won. Absolutely amazing.
Sgarbossa and Hamilton making an impression at Team Canada WJC Camp. They're among 47 trying to get a spot on the final 22.

These two prospects have grown quickly, and we can only hope they keep it up and can someday soon join the big boys in helping us keep the run going, hopefully by that time we have an SC, so we can start talking about building a dynasty of the 2010s.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=585813
10/31/2011

So what do we have on opening day? If we make no more signings, the projected roster/line-up I believe is supposed to be something like this:

12 starting forwards:
Marleau-Thornton-Havlat
Clowe-Pavelski-Couture
Ferriero-Handzus-Mitchell
McGinn-Desjardins-Mashinter

Backups: Murray

6 starting defensemen:
Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Burns
Colin White-Demers

Backups: Vandermeer ** Braun goes to Worcester until needed.

1 starting goaltender:
Niemi

Backup: Nitty

----------------------------

If we sign another 3rd-liner, I expect them to just ship Ferriero back to Worcester until he's needed, rather than keep him as a back-up doing nothing on our bench.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM ]
Shouldn't white be ahead of Vandermeer?
Originally posted by Hopper:

i believe so

but camp/ coaches will determine that
Originally posted by Hopper:

That's a mistake on my part, you're right. White is much better than Vandy.

In other news.. The Sharks trade with Minnesota AGAIN. I think we got raped in this one though.. a 3rd for THIS guy?

Quote:

Sharks trade 3rd rounder for James Sheppard

The San Jose Sharks and Minnesota Wild have made their third deal in six weeks.

Late Saturday, the Sharks acquired James Sheppard, the ninth pick in the 2006 Entry Draft, from the Minnesota Wild on Saturday in exchange for a third-round draft pick in 2013.

Sheppard, a restricted free agent, missed all of last season due to a knee injury suffered in the offseason. The 23-year-old has yet to make an impact at the NHL level; in three seasons with the Wild, Sheppard scored 11 goals and 38 assists for 49 points in 224 games.

The third-round selection in 2013 will replace the pick the Wild gave up in its trade for Darroll Powe from Philadelphia.

The Sharks and Wild made two big deals earlier in the offseason. On June 24, the Wild sent defenseman Brent Burns to San Jose for forward Devin Setoguchi, 2010 first-rounder Charlie Coyle and the Sharks’ 2011 first-round pick. In early July, they made a one-for-one deal, with San Jose shipping Dany Heatley to Minnesota for Martin Havlat.

The guy was a 9th overall selection and has been a MAJOR disappointment. The Wild are jumping for joy that we gave them a 3rd rounder. By the sound of it, he was worth maybe a 5th at best..

Not sure what the idea was here... but nonetheless.. if we keep 14 forwards, that would now make our offense look like this:

Marleau-Thornton-Havlat
Clowe-Pavelski-Couture
Sheppard-Handzus-Mitchell
McGinn-Desjardins-Ferriero

Backups: Murray, Mashinter (he and Ferriero will split time)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM ]
Quote:
third-round draft pick in 2013.

im ok with that
Maybe Sheppard was originally part of the Burns or Heatley trade, but it was put on hold.
Sheppard is coming off a knee injury and will not likely play in the NHL extensively this year.

This guy was 19 years old when he was drafted and brought up to play in Minnesota right away. He and his coaches clashed, and too much was expected of him.

At 23 he has a couple years to be coached again and could be a top 6 guy if it all works out.

Mainly AHL material for now
Quote:
Burnzie88 Brent Burns
Awsome news about my bud sheppy!! Been through a lot and handled it all! He is going to have a big year and love it out here! #lovingsj

Apparently Brent expects him to get major playing time in SJ and put up good numbers.
can we change the thread title to the san jose wild plz?